Interest can sometimes mean buying. And it's funny you are saying HTC has bad support on WPs, when they were the first to get GDR3, only stopped on 8.1.1 (they were allowed to, it's past 18 months), yet the 810 had the crappiest support ever. :P
    In my case, interest is tantamount to buying.

Getting a hundred people who never considered looking at WP before, and getting at least one of them to buy the One M8 for Windows is a huge accomplishment.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:37 PM
    It's crazy. Here we are with hardware that can potential sway the tide in WP's favor, and there go people who try and tear that chance apart.

Sad, really.

When we think we aren't sheep 🐑 with our WP partners, instead, we put them down, and want them to fail and only buy Lumias. If HTC sells well, Lumia fanboys will realize that WP is growing, right?
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:37 PM
    In my case, interest is tantamount to buying.

Getting a hundred people who never considered looking at WP before, and getting at least one of them to buy the One M8 for Windows is a huge accomplishment.

To be honest, I think a user first trying Windows Phone would get the W8 over the 930, for example, as it has a look that screams something else, and iPhone users like that design too.
    08-20-2014 06:39 PM
    Well that sucks :/ already its getting out down after it was named the fastest WP in the market
    I'm sorry, but what does "getting out down" mean?

By the way, that obvious fact was obvious. The current-gen high-end Lumia devices have Qualcomm 800 chipsets. The HTC One M8 for Windows Phone has a Qualcomm 801.
    08-20-2014 06:39 PM
    While you're correct, I think HTC now has Microsoft to really assist them in updating their phones. Besides, it should get the same support cycle as One M8 for Android.

Companies make promises and guarantee one day but change another. HTC can say oh yeah we will update it but another come out " oh since we are financially constraint we can't update the WP version "

That's my reason not to buy it
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:40 PM

By the way, that obvious fact was obvious. The current-gen high-end Lumia devices have Qualcomm 800 chipsets. The HTC One M8 for Windows Phone has a Qualcomm 801.

I want to know that too.

And people think the 801 is a minor difference. They should note it isn't just speed, but also efficiency and camera processing.
    08-20-2014 06:40 PM
    When we think we aren't sheep 🐑 with our WP partners, instead, we put them down, and want them to fail and only buy Lumias. If HTC sells well, Lumia fanboys will realize that WP is growing, right?
    Not really.

The Lumia fanboys, for the lack of a better word, simply Nokia sheep. That's me being extremely blunt about it.

They'll probably end up taking HTC down no matter what.
    08-20-2014 06:41 PM

Getting put down ** lol sorry
    08-20-2014 06:41 PM
    Companies make promises and guarantee one day but change another. HTC can say oh yeah we will update it but another come out " oh since we are financially constraint we can't update the WP version "

That's my reason not to buy it
    That would kill any demand for a One M8 for Windows Phone.

It's like the Saturn and the Dreamcast again.
    unstoppablekem and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-20-2014 06:42 PM
    I'm.not trying to put anyone Down or HTC but their actions said other wise.
    sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810
    08-20-2014 06:43 PM
    That would kill any demand for a One M8 for Windows Phone.

It's like the Saturn and the Dreamcast again.

If they update past threshold then ill consider it and that goes for the 830
    08-20-2014 06:45 PM
    Not really.

The Lumia fanboys, for the lack of a better word, simply Nokia sheep. That's me being extremely blunt about it.

They'll probably end up taking HTC down no matter what.

So true. And I'm not a Nokia hater, I am typing this on my 920, but I'm not ignorant towards others.
    08-20-2014 06:45 PM

Which is why I love these new monthly plans where you can upgrade earlier instead of contracts. :)
    08-20-2014 06:46 PM
    "Update past Threshold"

Even if they follow the support cycle for the 8S, you'll most likely get to Threshold.

An 18-month support cycle (which is fairly common among HTC devices) is going to take you past Threshold quite handily.

A 36-month support cycle (Microsoft is aiming for this) will put Windows Phone 9.x in the equation.
    08-20-2014 06:47 PM
    Which is why I love these new monthly plans where you can upgrade earlier instead of contracts. :)
    Unlocked devices ftw!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:48 PM
    Unlocked devices ftw!

Much weird, so price, much wow.
    08-20-2014 06:49 PM

Doesn't apply to me 😉 I buy my stuff full price :p
    08-20-2014 06:52 PM
    Much weird, so price, much wow.
    I know it doesn't make sense for you, but here in the Philippines, all carriers suck.

Which is why I'm avoiding them as much as possible. Besides, mid-range > high-end. Deal with it.
    >Puts sunglasses on
    08-20-2014 06:52 PM
    "Update past Threshold"

Even if they follow the support cycle for the 8S, you'll most likely get to Threshold.

An 18-month support cycle (which is fairly common among HTC devices) is going to take you past Threshold quite handily.

A 36-month support cycle (Microsoft is aiming for this) will put Windows Phone 9.x in the equation.

I'll take the wait and see approach.
    08-20-2014 06:53 PM
    Doesn't apply to me 😉 I buy my stuff full price :p

T-Mobile doesn't do that stuff anymore though?
    08-20-2014 06:53 PM
    I'll take the wait and see approach.
    And I'll take the wait-and-fume-that-it-doesn't-have-Philippine-release-yet approach ;)
    08-20-2014 06:54 PM
    T-Mobile doesn't do that stuff anymore though?
    Don't they allow you to buy your phones at full price or just tack them on as an extra cost on your uncontract?
    08-20-2014 06:54 PM
    I don't know why everyone keeps saying this. HTC seems VERY committed to this device. It even has HTC Advantage, an amazing FREE service!
    They seemed committed to the 8S and 8X at the time of launch...HTC's strength is they do their best to make the device work well out of the box...and that's it.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:57 PM
    But you won't, lol. Heck, the only thing the 8X has had bad press for is this Update 1 for 8.1. The 810 didn't even get GDR2 and Black.

Plus, Microsoft said the OEMs had to reach at least 18 months of support. The 810 broke that rule, the 8X didn't.
    You surely must have not heard of t-mo 8X, which only officially got Portico.

sahib lopez likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:58 PM
    You surely must have not heard of t-mo 8X, which only officially got Portico.

*spits out tea*

"Abandon ship! Abandon ship! Update sighted!"

"But, sir, isn't it our duty to bring the update onboard?"

"We're a carrier variant! What kind of crap have you been eating? It's what we do!"

"All hands on deck, abandon ship! Update sighted!"
    unstoppablekem and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-20-2014 07:03 PM
142,809 ... 32803281328232833284 ...