Hey now, I use that keyboard as well....but try and take 3 seconds to proof read before hitting the post button.
    Dude, most of my posts occur during transit on 1 bus, 1 train, and 2 subway rails. You should be impressed that my incorrect grammar is stuff that is easily understood and that I make as few mistakes as I do...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    08-21-2014 09:47 AM
    Dude, most of my posts occur during transit on 1 bus, 1 train, and 2 subway rails. You should be impressed that my incorrect grammar is stuff that is easily understood and that I make as few mistakes as I do...

You just gave Sahib an out....
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-21-2014 09:48 AM
    I had 5 apps running in the background last night and even my N7 was stuttering today AM. Had to close a few apps....and people love blaming WP for resuming......
    Truth is, Android doesn't lag - at least not from 4.1.2 onwards. What causes lag is non optimized OEM skins and lazily written apps.

08-21-2014 09:49 AM
    I was just being facetious :-)
    Figured as much.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-21-2014 09:50 AM
    You just gave Sahib an out....
    Sahib's out has always been "se habla espanol".

N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-21-2014 09:51 AM
    Truth is, Android doesn't lag - at least not from 4.1.2 onwards. What causes lag is non optimized OEM skins and lazily written apps.

Well I use stock Android 4.4.4 on my N7 and I had browser, gmail, Tapatalk, Hangouts and YouTube open. Even then this thing was dragging in the AM.
    08-21-2014 09:51 AM
    Rue, if you ever get a chance, check out the Sony Z2. Truth of the matter is that the Z3 is an incremental upgrade. The camera is better tweaked in the Z3, but the lens and sensor are the same. It's a thinner phone. Now, if that's too large for you, the Z3Compact will be the exact same phone, but a smaller version...just like the Z1Compact was to the Z1.

I wish I could shill for Sony, but I won't. What I will say is you'll get nice specs in a very attractive package, and timely enough updates from Sony. What always concerns me with them is that they overprice their ****.

08-21-2014 10:01 AM
    Well I use stock Android 4.4.4 on my N7 and I had browser, gmail, Tapatalk, Hangouts and YouTube open. Even then this thing was dragging in the AM.
    Gotcha. I stand by my comments though. Hopefully the move to ART from Dalvik will help as well. Thanks for reminding me of how much I dislike the loading screens in WP. The only thing that does it is remind me I'm using a MSFT driven product. If you've never seen a loading screen while using a MSFT OS, then you've never used Windows...

08-21-2014 10:06 AM

My brother's Micromax canvas HD with 4.2.1 lags, it has stock Android. I'm using it right now. It stutters when scrolling in the app menu. So much for a quad core processor and 1 GB ram......
    08-21-2014 10:14 AM
    Rue, if you ever get a chance, check out the Sony Z2. Truth of the matter is that the Z3 is an incremental upgrade. The camera is better tweaked in the Z3, but the lens and sensor are the same. It's a thinner phone. Now, if that's too large for you, the Z3Compact will be the exact same phone, but a smaller version...just like the Z1Compact was to the Z1.

I wish I could shill for Sony, but I won't. What I will say is you'll get nice specs in a very attractive package, and timely enough updates from Sony. What always concerns me with them is that they overprice their ****.

I'll take a look but at this stage I'm in no hurry to get something new.
    08-21-2014 10:17 AM
    I'll take a look but at this stage I'm in no hurry to get something new.
    In know you aren't in a rush, but since what Sony has done with the Z series of late being incremental upgrades, you'll have a good idea as to what you're getting into by looking at the current devices.

Rumor has it that they want to go for an even slimmer look with the Z3 Compact and the Z3. So if you want a smaller device, use the Z1 Compact as your benchmark and the Z2 if you want the full deal.

08-21-2014 10:25 AM
    Off to a ******** meeting. Very excited about that. We'll see how well I survive.

08-21-2014 10:55 AM
    Well this work week has ended crappy.

My pay got screwed up somehow. I'm missing one week of hours. In any case they'll cut me a check next week. So I'll get my money but it's such a pain. :/
    08-21-2014 11:45 AM
    My brother's Micromax canvas HD with 4.2.1 lags, it has stock Android. I'm using it right now. It stutters when scrolling in the app menu. So much for a quad core processor and 1 GB ram......
    Must be super bloated with apps :/

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    08-21-2014 12:11 PM
    Well this work week has ended crappy.

My pay got screwed up somehow. I'm missing one week of hours. In any case they'll cut me a check next week. So I'll get my money but it's such a pain. :/
    That sucks ...:o I wonder how they screw that up ?

08-21-2014 12:12 PM
    Oh come on :p I'm not that bad with typing;) it's just my hands and fingers think thr keys are in one place but they are not . :)

08-21-2014 12:13 PM
    That sucks ...:o I wonder how they screw that up ?

It was either a program glitch or something else. I'm still unsure how it happened.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-21-2014 12:13 PM
    It was either a program glitch or something else. I'm still unsure how it happened.
    Bummer....on the other hand, I am very excited for August as I get paid thrice:-)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-21-2014 12:18 PM
    So I read this article, VZW is not helping its case in promoting the HTC One W8....
    Verizon can't tell new HTC phones apart in its latest ad | The Verge
    08-21-2014 12:19 PM
    Just wondering after reading this if we can expect WP to get better sometime later this year...
    Microsoft set to unveil Windows 9 on September 30th | The Verge
    08-21-2014 12:20 PM
    Must be super bloated with apps :/

No, just the default Google ones and some games.. I think the lag is due to the processor(Mediatek).
    08-21-2014 12:26 PM
    So I read this article, VZW is not helping its case in promoting the HTC One W8....
    Verizon can't tell new HTC phones apart in its latest ad | The Verge
    well I didn't see this coming but it was expected
    08-21-2014 12:32 PM
    Just wondering after reading this if we can expect WP to get better sometime later this year...
    Microsoft set to unveil Windows 9 on September 30th | The Verge
    I hope soo because I want stuff to be synced even better :D
    08-21-2014 12:32 PM
    look like im going to go to lunch with that one guy that works in state farm. I wonder how that will go
    08-21-2014 12:34 PM
    time to get my pass and then get ready for that lunch thing !
    08-21-2014 01:39 PM
145,268 ... 32863287328832893290 ...