Hey all, so this is how my day went - wake up, have breakfast... prepare for interview. Have job interview for a 1 month temporary position, it goes well. I'm offered the job through an agency almost immediately. It's the the perfect job for me - it's got nothing designy and everything admin-y but hey it's a month paid work right?. Now I'm trying to decide how to use my weekend the best for the next few days before I start employment on Monday morning.

Decisions, decisions...
    N_LaRUE, BIGPADDY, Chregu and 3 others like this.
    09-19-2013 10:44 AM
    Congrats! Great to hear! :D
    Muessig likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:49 AM
    Hey all, so this is how my day went - wake up, have breakfast... prepare for interview. Have job interview for a 1 month temporary position, it goes well. I'm offered the job through an agency almost immediately. It's the the perfect job for me - it's got nothing designy and everything admin-y but hey it's a month paid work right?. Now I'm trying to decide how to use my weekend the best for the next few days before I start employment on Monday morning.

Decisions, decisions...
    Awesome!
    Muessig likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:52 AM
    I'm currently looking for a job anyone want to hire an IT Technician?
    09-19-2013 10:53 AM
    I'm currently looking for a job anyone want to hire an IT Technician?
    Have you thought about looking toward Manchester or Liverpool? Once you have your certification it will help a lot too.
    09-19-2013 10:54 AM
    Or even Leeds or Sheffield?
    09-19-2013 10:55 AM
    Have you thought about looking toward Manchester or Liverpool? Once you have your certification it will help a lot too.
    Yes but prefer 30 mile radius.
    09-19-2013 10:55 AM
    Or even Leeds or Sheffield?
    Yes I prefer Leeds, Sheffield compare to Manchester.
    09-19-2013 10:56 AM
    Yes I prefer Leeds, Sheffield compare to Manchester.
    IT is one of those fields where the work dries up frequently. Some areas do better than other though. I know you want to stay closer to where you grew up but you might want to consider moving to get some more solid experience. I know it's a bit scary to think that way but getting away from your comfort zone could be good for you.
    09-19-2013 10:59 AM
    Actually the lecture was very interesting, but I still had so much troubles to stay awake. Until he started to talk about CREB and I always heart crap. I giggled the entire time on the inside when he was saying things like "down here you can see the total amount of crap" or "this is then converted to phospho-crap" and so on.
    N_LaRUE and snowmutt like this.
    09-19-2013 11:05 AM
    Actually the lecture was very interesting, but I still had so much troubles to stay awake. Until he started to talk about CREB and I always heart crap. I giggled the entire time on the inside when he was saying things like "down here you can see the total amount of crap" or "this is then converted to phospho-crap" and so on.
    I should try that kind of strategy the next time I'm stuck in a meeting. Though keeping the giggling down could prove difficult.
    09-19-2013 11:25 AM
    IT is one of those fields where the work dries up frequently. Some areas do better than other though. I know you want to stay closer to where you grew up but you might want to consider moving to get some more solid experience. I know it's a bit scary to think that way but getting away from your comfort zone could be good for you.
    Need to pass my driving test in a couple of weeks first :P
    09-19-2013 11:27 AM
    I want to become the cake man serving cake from my cake van!
    mpt15 likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:31 AM
    I don't mind moving away so that fine and I already have to travel 20 minutes to work anyway, so when I get a car I'll be happy to drive an hour away.
    09-19-2013 11:33 AM
    Marshmallows has pig fat inside FACT!
    09-19-2013 11:41 AM
    Ants can get drunk FACT!!!
    09-19-2013 11:44 AM
    I'm going to have to move to android and get a SONY device for the PlayStation app MAYBE!?
    09-19-2013 11:49 AM
    I actually seen a few jobs that I would have loved to apply for but I would need my own car.
    09-19-2013 11:50 AM
    Car, car, car free car, give me your car
    09-19-2013 11:51 AM
    Car, car, car free car, give me your car
    Will a toy car be acceptable?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:58 AM
    Marshmallows has pig fat inside FACT!
    That's gross!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:59 AM
    Will a toy car be acceptable?
    Yes
    09-19-2013 12:00 PM
    I'm going to have to move to android and get a SONY device for the PlayStation app MAYBE!?
    Get a Z1 or a Z2 and if you do, send me that 920 you own as parting gift.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-19-2013 12:09 PM
    Jist get an XBOX 1 and don't leave us!!!! What are you trying to do, send cake lovers everywhere into a panic???

Honestly, just as a curiosity, what would you get with an app?
    09-19-2013 12:20 PM
    Sitting at the local ratio shop.... My Son is getting his first ink. He hasn't passed out or peed himself yet. I am so stinking proud......
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-19-2013 12:22 PM
142,802 ... 327328329330331 ...