WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

we have a thunderstorm in progress and this isn't looking good for the fire season . dry thunder is very bad here

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I keep holding off that 1520 review I wanted to write in the 1520 subforum even though I want to write it so much with all the awesome things I have to say about it!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

... In Godzilla
(you didn't finish your sentence, so I did :)

you can use like at the end of a sentence .
ex : he is very evil like
or use this as a better explanation : one time, schoolchildren were taught that a sentence should never end with a preposition. However, this is a philosophy actually associated with Latin grammar. While many aspects of Latin have made their way into the English language, this particular grammar rule is not suited for modern English usage.

There are times when trying to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition creates unnecessary and awkward phrasing. For example, Winston Churchill once reportedly exclaimed, "That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put!" to mock someone who criticized him for ending a sentence with a preposition. Since the purpose of writing is to clearly communicate your thoughts and ideas, it’s perfectly acceptable to end a sentence with a preposition if the alternative would create confusion.

However, it may still be worth revising your sentences to avoid ending them a preposition whenever possible if you wish to reduce the risk of controversy. Since there are still a number of people who believe ending a sentence with a preposition is incorrect, considering your audience’s thoughts on the issue is a wise idea—particularly when you’re trying to gain a new client or land an important job interview. For example, “Which department is she in?” could simply be rewritten to read as “She is in which department?” without influencing clarity or comprehension.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

you can use like at the end of a sentence .
ex : he is very evil like
or use this as a better explanation : one time, schoolchildren were taught that a sentence should never end with a preposition. However, this is a philosophy actually associated with Latin grammar. While many aspects of Latin have made their way into the English language, this particular grammar rule is not suited for modern English usage.

There are times when trying to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition creates unnecessary and awkward phrasing. For example, Winston Churchill once reportedly exclaimed, "That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put!" to mock someone who criticized him for ending a sentence with a preposition. Since the purpose of writing is to clearly communicate your thoughts and ideas, it?s perfectly acceptable to end a sentence with a preposition if the alternative would create confusion.

However, it may still be worth revising your sentences to avoid ending them a preposition whenever possible if you wish to reduce the risk of controversy. Since there are still a number of people who believe ending a sentence with a preposition is incorrect, considering your audience?s thoughts on the issue is a wise idea?particularly when you?re trying to gain a new client or land an important job interview. For example, ?Which department is she in?? could simply be rewritten to read as ?She is in which department?? without influencing clarity or comprehension.

:( )
My jaw dropped so low it came off from surprise-ment at that enormous reply to wrote to that simple little post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss