As long as they update Skype in threshold ill be content
    What do you want in Skype?
    08-26-2014 07:42 AM
    When he has his 8x I should say
    He gave that to his mother as the Nokia was crap.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-26-2014 07:42 AM
    I must say, I'm seeing a lot more wearables these days...especially fitness trackers. Still enjoying my SWR 10. I got some extra bands...gonna transition to the green one to wear out, the black to wear at home and the salmon for sleep...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    08-26-2014 07:44 AM
    I must say, I'm seeing a lot more wearables these days...especially fitness trackers. Still enjoying my SWR 10. I got some extra bands...gonna transition to the green one to wear out, the black to wear at home and the salmon for sleep...

I haven't got to the wearables thing yet. I know my wife wanted something at one point but WP didn't support it so she kind of gave up on the idea. Maybe once WP does she may look into it again. There's only Fitbit at the moment right?
    08-26-2014 07:47 AM
    What do you want in Skype?
    Something like iMessage or google hangouts. Integrated with the OS
    08-26-2014 07:49 AM

I would of liked to have one but my 810 doesn't support it and by the time the 830 comes out ill be out of school :/
    08-26-2014 07:50 AM
    I'm not in a hurry for a new phone until next year. I'll give them the rest of the year to sort things out. I've mentioned this in the past. I have my tablet now so I'm quite happy with the dual OS situation and since I can connect my table to my work's wifi it's a great alternative to my phone at work for doing things. My phone btw doesn't connect to my work's wifi and it would appear they have no plans to allow to either.

So at the moment I am happy. There are no phones out there that I am interested in at this moment in time on any OS. So I am simply waiting.
    It is so ironic that at my workplace a WP is easy to connect and use but you need to sign a special form to use an Android device. From a WiFi standpoint both my phone and tablet connect to it without issues.
    08-26-2014 07:59 AM
    I would of like to have one but my 810 doesn't support it and by the time the 830 comes out ill be out of school :/
    What does being out of school have to do with getting a wearable or the L830?
    08-26-2014 08:00 AM
    My annoyance at WP and MS in general is that they haven't focused enough on getting developers on board and keeping them happy.

Then they also have the issue with the constant changes to the OS. Though this is a good thing it shows how far behind it was and that it's in a constant state of flux. It has the ability to turn the developers off and get them to 'wait' to either update apps they already have or not bother until they feel the OS is up to scratch. Like the official Instagram app for example.

All changes cost money, devs have to weigh this things up.
    For having only 2.5% of the market share the monetization numbers for WP are pretty impressive.
    08-26-2014 08:00 AM
    It is so ironic that at my workplace a WP is easy to connect and use but you need to sign a special form to use an Android device. From a WiFi standpoint both my phone and tablet connect to it without issues.
    The just brought in a certificate system for devices but WP is still not in the mix. I'm guessing they just don't see the need. iPhones are planned to replace the current BB and I guess Android had an easy solution that worked with our infrastructure where WP didn't.
    08-26-2014 08:02 AM
    I need to get a hair cut soon! Its getting to long for me
    08-26-2014 08:03 AM
    Snowflake would of said something about spotify right about now
    Woulda, coulda, shouda....hey Sahib you used your punchline on Chregu, I'm impressed. Second day of school and you're already saying wise things...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-26-2014 08:04 AM
    For having only 2.5% of the market share the monetization numbers for WP are pretty impressive.
    There are still many who are trying to bypass the pay for an app situation and block ads. Many people want their apps for free. That's why there's been such a big interest in jailbreaking WP for those who want it. Aside from the thinking it will open the system up for them it will also allow 'black market' apps to run. In most cases bootleg versions of real apps.
    08-26-2014 08:04 AM
    What does being out of school have to do with getting a wearable or the L830?
    Well if I want something like a fit bit I would use it on the 830 if it was already out . Obviously I wouldn't buy because I wouldn't be able to use it on my 810. Once I'm out of college I wouldn't get it because I wouldn't have a need for it
    08-26-2014 08:05 AM

Go and answer the question in the This or That thread:-)
    08-26-2014 08:06 AM
    Woulda, coulda, shouda....hey Sahib you used your punchline on Chregu, I'm impressed. Second day of school and you're already saying wise things...
    ;) if you mean by wise random things then yes I am wise :p
    Time to take off ...laters all
    The just brought in a certificate system for devices but WP is still not in the mix. I'm guessing they just don't see the need. iPhones are planned to replace the current BB and I guess Android had an easy solution that worked with our infrastructure where WP didn't.
    iOS rules the roost at my workplace but there are still pretty bad stories I hear about calendar syncing....
    08-26-2014 08:07 AM
    Well if I want something like a fit bit I would use it on the 830 if it was already out . Obviously I wouldn't buy because I wouldn't be able to use it on my 810. Once I'm out of college I wouldn't get it because I wouldn't have a need for it
    What's your need for a wearable now that's different than when you graduate? I'm confused. Do you plan not to exercise or do anything energetic once you're out of school? You're going to turn into a fat slob or something? :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-26-2014 08:07 AM
    Time to take off ...laters all
    You mean time to inhale now that school has started....
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-26-2014 08:09 AM
    iOS rules the roost at my workplace but there are still pretty bad stories I hear about calendar syncing....
    I'm not sure how things work here 100% as I don't have a work phone and I don't think they've replaced all the BB yet. I haven't heard any complaints but then I don't know anyone with a phone.
    08-26-2014 08:14 AM
    Oh, yeah, right, I don't think you guys have seen this.

Good luck.
    What is that?
    A pink bear whose tail is in the mouth of another pink bear???!!!!
    08-26-2014 08:16 AM
    I'm not sure how things work here 100% as I don't have a work phone and I don't think they've replaced all the BB yet. I haven't heard any complaints but then I don't know anyone with a phone.
    We have all the platforms supported. Mostly its iPhone, followed by Android and a few folks using WP. Also they provide a work line on any carrier. I don't want a new line and a new phone so I did the BYOD thing and based on my research it was the easiest to bring a WP and sync up with work stuff and sandbox it without them knowing anything about my personal email etc and that is how I jumped ship from Android to WP and also started on WPC.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-26-2014 08:20 AM
    We have all the platforms supported. Mostly its iPhone, followed by Android and a few folks using WP. Also they provide a work line on any carrier. I don't want a new line and a new phone so I did the BYOD thing and based on my research it was the easiest to bring a WP and sync up with work stuff and sandbox it without them knowing anything about my personal email etc and that is how I jumped ship from Android to WP and also started on WPC.
    I'm not entirely sure of the infrastructure they have in place here but my guess would be that WP isn't on it simply because there's no demand or it doesn't have a compatible system for it. I think our IT did look into things at one point and found the WP would be too much of a pain so went with iOS.

It's when I hear stories like that it's what makes me wonder what MS was thinking when they brought WP8 out. I know they were trying to get the iPhone crowd but ignoring your biggest current customers was a huge mistake.
    08-26-2014 08:29 AM
    What do you appreciate about Android, N_LaRUE?
    08-26-2014 08:39 AM
142,831 ... 33053306330733083309 ...