As you know the industrial engineering doesn't change that rapidly. :P

The training is mostly for personal growth.
    Agreed. But even our personal growth programs are fairly involved and extensive.
    08-28-2014 10:20 AM
    Agreed. But even our personal growth programs are fairly involved and extensive.
    The company has it's own 'university' online but from a career development stand point it's been a bit behind. That's changed now as they just brought in a new system. Saying that, I'm not overly keen to keep to just the company learning system but they don't seem to offer much for taking courses outside the company.
    08-28-2014 10:26 AM
    Sometimes, taking the train through an area you don't normally do, helps to remind you of how different and similar things can be. Sometimes I forget how large of a city Newark is...simply because I mostly commute through it as a transfer point...

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-28-2014 11:32 AM
    Here's a couple of more pics from the weekend. It's almost the end of the day here and I'm feeling a bit rough. There's few people sick around me. Hope I'm not catching anything. :/

London Eye
    adobephotoshopexpress_10627538ea3745cd99a169bc753519bb.jpg

This is the Tower of London. There is an art installation for the anniversary of WWI. The red things are ceramic poppies and each one represents a fatality of that war (888,246). The name of the installation is taken from a line from a poem by anonymous solider. The Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red.
    wp_20140823_15_37_21_pro.jpg
    08-28-2014 11:49 AM
    Cannot believe I've been posting on this thread for a whole year...

Last year when I made this trip and was posting, I owned a 810 but was in the process of getting a 8X. I also was more of a nervous worry wart, wondering what lay before me embarking on this MSW. A year later, my devices have changed and I feel more comfortable in the choice to return to school. Still, it is my first year or field instruction (AKA working for free or internship), so some nerves still exist.

I know I have to make this trip one last time, same time next year. I do wonder what the future holds, but am more comfortable in being an active force to shape it.

08-28-2014 11:51 AM

Last year when I made this trip and was posting, I owned a 810 but was in the process of getting a 8X. I also was more of a nervous worry wart, wondering what lay before me embarking on this MSW. A year later, my devices have changed and I feel more comfortable in the choice to return to school. Still, it is my first year or field instruction (AKA working for free or internship), so some nerves still exist.

I know I have to make this trip one last time, same time next year. I do wonder what the future holds, but am more comfortable in being an active force to shape it.

I find it amazing what can happen in a short period of time myself. One year in my life comes to mind, actually wasn't a full year even.

I try to see the future as a possibility but not definitive. I'm trying more to live in the now and sort out things to help with the future.

Having a plan and a goal are always a good idea. :)
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-28-2014 12:15 PM
    The company has it's own 'university' online but from a career development stand point it's been a bit behind. That's changed now as they just brought in a new system. Saying that, I'm not overly keen to keep to just the company learning system but they don't seem to offer much for taking courses outside the company.
    Ours does, so I do plan on taking a Solidworks class hopefully in Spring of 2015...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-28-2014 12:27 PM

Nice....my 1 year is in a couple of months but I only started being active in early December if I recall correctly so technically it is a few months away:-) And yes I have cycled through quite a few devices since the Lumia 521 I snagged on Amazon for $75 -what a steal in 2013!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-28-2014 12:30 PM
    Ours does, so I do plan on taking a Solidworks class hopefully in Spring of 2015...
    Solisworks should be fun. :)

I'm supposed to have training on the 3D software we use but it hasn't happened yet.
    08-28-2014 12:30 PM
    I find it amazing what can happen in a short period of time myself. One year in my life comes to mind, actually wasn't a full year even.

I try to see the future as a possibility but not definitive. I'm trying more to live in the now and sort out things to help with the future.

Having a plan and a goal are always a good idea. :)
    Funny enough, I take a similar approach. Nothing is set is stone. Goals are broad ideas to pursue, tasks and objective more specific stuff. Sometimes one takes shortcuts through dark patches to get to places, but it is how well you can sleep at night with what's on your conscience that matters too.

Life overall is interesting. I'm trying to enjoy the journey more as I get older.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-28-2014 12:34 PM
    Moving in weekend for college is always fascinating. Especially for the freshmen...all these baby faced looking youngsters. Some will make it unscathed, some will struggle, a few will drop out. Exciting times for youth indeed.

Meanwhile, the vets like me are focused on finishing up to get on with the more pressing tasks at hand.

08-28-2014 12:37 PM
    Funny enough, I take a similar approach. Nothing is set is stone. Goals are broad ideas to pursue, tasks and objective more specific stuff. Sometimes one takes shortcuts through dark patches to get to places, but it is how well you can sleep at night with what's on your conscience that matters too.

Life overall is interesting. I'm trying to enjoy the journey more as I get older.

Here is what came to mind when I saw your quote:
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-28-2014 12:47 PM
    So I'm on the college bus...lots of baby faces, lots of iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S series. There is one guy with a budget HTC...but he's of Asian decent.

Oh well, dare to be you and be different, I always say...

08-28-2014 12:58 PM
    So I'm on the college bus...lots of baby faces, lots of iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S series. There is one guy with a budget HTC...but he's of Asian decent.

Better watch it, if you say "Think Different" Apple might sue you....careful !!!

Wow, this thread looks like it will hit 100K.... Not like the other site I was on PPCgeeks.com where they had one of these threads with 1 million posts was its' goal, it moved up good when the big days of Windows Mobile and roms but, site died pretty much after that and this thread has a lot more posts...
    08-28-2014 02:37 PM

So I'm in a pretty big meeting with a lot of big honchos at work, a gazillion iPhones, one HTC M7. two Blackberrys (gasp) and of course yours truly with the only WP Lumia 925 - sad isn't it, I was even outgunned by BB at this meeting :-(
    08-28-2014 02:47 PM
    So I'm in a pretty big meeting with a lot of big honchos at work, a gazillion iPhones, one HTC M7. two Blackberrys (gasp) and of course yours truly with the only WP Lumia 925 - sad isn't it, I was even outgunned by BB at this meeting :-(
    welll ...... be the rebel >:P wp powers activate ......form of a car >:)
    08-28-2014 02:58 PM
    Better watch it, if you say "Think Different" Apple might sue you....careful !!!

Wow, this thread looks like it will hit 100K.... Not like the other site I was on PPCgeeks.com where they had one of these threads with 1 million posts was its' goal, it moved up good when the big days of Windows Mobile and roms but, site died pretty much after that and this thread has a lot more posts...
    i like to think that we like to talk .....alot ;P
    08-28-2014 03:00 PM
    Parking assist is being fitted in our Clio so we received a replacement car for this time. And it's was dirty as hell. So since I had time I decided to clean it a bit. Looks like it wasn't cleaned for over a year.
    Btw there is a cloth in the bucket :D
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20140828_004.jpg   wp_20140828_007.jpg   wp_20140828_008.jpg  
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-28-2014 03:12 PM
    well i try not to think of the past but the question seems to come up o.o
    here is something my teacher asked us " Give a brief writing sample. (three-paragraph minimum) Describe any game you’ve played, any character in a book you’ve read, or any event that happened in the last two-years that had an impact on you as an individual"
    im not going to say anything but it something that comes up :P
    08-28-2014 03:26 PM
    Parking assist is being fitted in our Clio so we received a replacement car for this time. And it's was dirty as hell. So since I had time I decided to clean it a bit. Looks like it wasn't cleaned for over a year.
    Btw there is a cloth in the bucket :D
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    ooooooo that car :3 it looks compact !
    08-28-2014 03:26 PM
    ooooooo that car :3 it looks compact !

It's 4m long with lot of space. Good pensioners car :D.
    08-28-2014 03:29 PM
    That's grown folks stuff. A common practice in some companies even. When you escape from Orland, you'll see what we mean...

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    i think thats pretty cool :D...... its better than nothing i think
    08-28-2014 03:36 PM
    It's 4m long with lot of space. Good pensioners car :D.
    i wouldn't mind street mobbing in that car >:)
    08-28-2014 03:36 PM
    Wouldn't be the first time :-)
    and i could be the last ;)
    08-28-2014 03:37 PM
    If you are bouncing around this early, it gives rise to suspicion about you having inhaled something :-)
    yup im inhaling air >:P
    08-28-2014 03:39 PM
145,282 ... 33143315331633173318 ...