I see that's all I needed to know. I'm trying to convince myself that I won't miss amoled. But I hope it comes with clear black, super sensitive touch and high brightness in direct sunlight just like my 810

It comes with CLear Black and sunlight readability is by deafult better on LCD screens because higher brightnes.
    09-04-2014 08:46 AM
    The WPCentral hands on video. Hands-on time with the affordable flagship Lumia 830 and its enhanced PureView tech | Windows Phone Central
    Looks like my moaning was justified. You can see loading screen 2 times during the video, once when opening extras+info and once when opening camera. Not something I saw on Lumia 930 and if they are going with flagship like experience we also expect flagship like speed.
    09-04-2014 09:00 AM
    The WPCentral hands on video. Hands-on time with the affordable flagship Lumia 830 and its enhanced PureView tech | Windows Phone Central
    Looks like my moaning was justified. You can see loading screen 2 times during the video, once when opening extras+info and once when opening camera. Not something I saw on Lumia 930 and if they are going with flagship like experience we also expect flagship like speed.
    That's truly sad but it might be because they're not production models and some tweaks are needed. Still.
    09-04-2014 09:07 AM
    There's also a list of features missing for both phones. Neither have that new Cortana passive voice. Better CPU is required, which is interesting.
    09-04-2014 09:07 AM
    That's truly sad but it might be because they're not production models and some tweaks are needed. Still.

Didn't they say this device is going on sale this month?
    09-04-2014 09:11 AM
    Didn't they say this device is going on sale this month?
    I didn't watch the blog/announcement. If that is the case then that is a problem. But the people on this forum will still love the phones and proclaim WP dominance as a the best OS....
    09-04-2014 09:13 AM
    :/ looks like the 830 didn't live up to most peoples expectations then again people expect alot why would they make the 830 better than the 930... They had to make cut somewhere and I guess it was the CPU :/
    sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810
    09-04-2014 09:14 AM
    :/ looks like the 830 didn't live up to most peoples expectations then again people expect alot why would they make the 830 better than the 930... They had to make cut somewhere and I guess it was the CPU :/
    The 930 shouldn't have been the"930", maybe it should have been 835.
    N_LaRUE and Sport Driver like this.
    09-04-2014 09:16 AM
    I didn't watch the blog/announcement. If that is the case then that is a problem. But the people on this forum will still love the phones and proclaim WP dominance as a the best OS....

Neither did I, I read that on GsmArena I think.
    09-04-2014 09:16 AM

And screen, and camera, and battery,...
    09-04-2014 09:19 AM
    It was mentioned previously. They made a mistake with the L930. Because of that, all other devices have to be put in lower end hardware. Let's hope this is the end of this nonsense and we just trash this year for WP. Let's hope next year is better.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 09-04-2014 at 09:43 AM.
    09-04-2014 09:20 AM
    Well I'm slightly annoyed. I upgraded to Cyan finally, I had to use the Nokia software because of DP. Aside from the restore failing, I can't seem to download all my apps even though I have unlimited data. :/ It wants me to wait until I have WiFi.

What's with that?
    09-04-2014 09:50 AM
    It was mentioned previously. They made a mistake with the L930. Because of that, all other devices have to be put in lower end hardware. Let's hope this is the end of this nonsense and we just trash this year for WP. Let's hope next year is better.
    I should get a signature for when I post on the T100 (which I'm doing now) but am just too lazy for this.

I don't think Nokia made a mistake with the 930. The mistake was made with the OS's slow development support.

MSFT took too long to add support quadcore processors. Hence the 1020 is still stuck with a great camera on older processor. MSFT too to long to add support for higher resolution screens. Remember, Nokia put out the 800 processor with the 1520, and only with the N5 and the Z Ultra, were one of the few who had that. Most people skipped the 800 and went for the 801 with the 4K recording. Remember the M7, and S4 ran on S600 processor. By the time MSFT did, hardware has moved on to the 801 processor and most importantly, 4K video recording. If MSFT was serious, the Icon/930 should have been a 801 processor with 4K recording. Then at least it would be a better upgrade.

I cannot completely knock the current hardware, because what we are seeing is standard stuff. Truth be told, WP is 6 months BEHIND on hardware and arguable 1 year behind software wise. But MSFT cannot catch up until they blow up their work environment and streamline things, which is what Nadella is trying to do.

More growing pains.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-04-2014 10:11 AM
    More growing pains.
    Yep. Which is why I hope, for the sake of MS over anything else, that they get their stuff together and soon.

Of course, there are those that would argue that WP is perfect right now and comparable to other OSs. I try not laugh...
    Sport Driver and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-04-2014 10:22 AM
    What are you saying? I mean, it's obvious that WP is the best :P .
    Anyway I'm probably giving Nokia another chance in the February in Barcelona. Than I expect something big, if not I will go Android. Well unless nexus 6 will be that good that I will decide to buy it.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    09-04-2014 11:15 AM
    Piaggio
    Sport Driver likes this.
    09-04-2014 11:20 AM
    What are you saying? I mean, it's obvious that WP is the best :P .
    Anyway I'm probably giving Nokia another chance in the February in Barcelona. Than I expect something big, if not I will go Android. Well unless nexus 6 will be that good that I will decide to buy it.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk

No harm in going dual OS if you can afford it. I support my aspirations by buying used and not new phones, that way I can sample pretty much everything that is out there. The Desire 820 looks good as well. Might be interesting to see a comparison between Lumia 830 and the Desire 820.
    09-04-2014 11:30 AM
    Piaggio

Yup :)
    09-04-2014 11:31 AM
    No harm in going dual OS if you can afford it. I support my aspirations by buying used and not new phones, that way I can sample pretty much everything that is out there. The Desire 820 looks good as well. Might be interesting to see a comparison between Lumia 830 and the Desire 820.

I'm dual OS, I have L820 and cheap Android tablet, which Will be 2 years old. I'm playing with idea buying the new tablet, looking at Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 315, and sticking with L820 for some more time. I don't know. Will have to do something, tablet is now unusable so I generaly use phone. The reason why I got tablet was to keep Nokia C6-01 back in the day running a bit longer than 2 years, It lasted 2 months more. I only bought L820 because price dropped, originaly was I waiting for Lumia 720 ;) .
    09-04-2014 11:37 AM
    I'm dual OS, I have L820 and cheap Android tablet, which Will be 2 years old. I'm playing with idea buying the new tablet, looking at Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 315, and sticking with L820 for some more time. I don't know. Will have to do something, tablet is now unusable so I generaly use phone. The reason why I got tablet was to keep Nokia C6-01 back in the day running a bit longer than 2 years, It lasted 2 months more. I only bought L820 because price dropped, originaly was I waiting for Lumia 720 ;) .
    Me too!
    I have a Lumia 925
    I have an HTC M8
    I have an Iphone 4s
    09-04-2014 11:41 AM
    Me too!
    I have a Lumia 925
    I have an HTC M8
    I have an Iphone 4s

Ok, that's cool but it would cost me too much. Tablet+phone would be the best.
    09-04-2014 11:47 AM
    Ok, that's cool but it would cost me too much. Tablet+phone would be the best.
    I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
    09-04-2014 11:54 AM
    I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.

Well that's a lot of devices. But if you want to follow all platforms you have to do it.
    09-04-2014 11:59 AM
    I'm dual OS, I have L820 and cheap Android tablet, which Will be 2 years old. I'm playing with idea buying the new tablet, looking at Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 for 315€, and sticking with L820 for some more time. I don't know. Will have to do something, tablet is now unusable so I generaly use phone. The reason why I got tablet was to keep Nokia C6-01 back in the day running a bit longer than 2 years, It lasted 2 months more. I only bought L820 because price dropped, originaly was I waiting for Lumia 720 ;) .
    I have decided that on Android I need to go stock or as close to stock as possible therefore only Nexus or Moto are viable options. I also liked my OnePlus One that I had and am trying to pick up another one soon. But what I like about WP/NOK is the camera. Most cameras on Android phones are just plain terrible and even the lowest end Lumia takes better pictures IMO. So I use WP for phone and Android for tablet, the combo works well for me. I cycle through phones very quickly but always have my daily driver as a WP since last October. Right now I am using a Lumia 925 and my 810 is the backup device. When I get the Lumia 830, I will put my 810 up for sale.
    MSFTisMIA and Sport Driver like this.
    09-04-2014 12:05 PM
    If HTC brought a WP version of the Desire series to the market, it would actually sell.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    09-04-2014 12:23 PM
144,455 ... 33383339334033413342 ...