Thx. I'm still on 8.1 DP although the Cyan is available for it here. If it works just as (bad) as before I will wait. Don't want to lose all the game saves.
    Well my L920 is probably not the best to go by. My phone is not a good one so it doesn't surprise me that that Cyan just made things the same or worse. My phone actually wasn't doing too bad but now it's a mess again. :/
    sahib lopez and Sport Driver like this.
    09-05-2014 12:07 PM
    hmm looks like we might get a family plan with tmobile.... yay :D .....now i just need to get a 635 ._. .....
    09-05-2014 12:13 PM
    That is a new one on me. I guess they're trying to be as cheap as possible? Are they catering themselves? People bringing food? What's the deal?
    the moment i found out they weren't even going to serve food is the moment i knew they were being cheep. they changed their mind after the grooms father told him to serve food.
    i think it looks bad on both of soon to be wed because they are asking food a day before the wedding . if they didn't want to spend that much money on the wedding they should of just got married and had a small party... right?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-05-2014 12:17 PM
    the moment i found out they weren't even going to serve food is the moment i knew they were being cheep. they changed their mind after the grooms father told him to serve food.
    i think it looks bad on both of soon to be wed because they are asking food a day before the wedding . if they didn't want to spend that much money on the wedding they should of just got married and had a small party... right?
    Yeah, my wife and I did a small wedding in a park, then had the "reception" using our plate party at a bar.
    09-05-2014 12:39 PM
    Yeah, my wife and I did a small wedding in a park, then had the "reception" using our plate party at a bar.
    :P if i was 21 i would enjoy it more XD. i parents also had a small wedding because they didn't have a lot of money back then. this wedding is more of a face palm >.<
    09-05-2014 12:52 PM
    Talking about getting married?

I have a quote for you:

“I do not think you can name many great inventions that have been made by married men.”
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-05-2014 12:57 PM
    Well my L920 is probably not the best to go by. My phone is not a good one so it doesn't surprise me that that Cyan just made things the same or worse. My phone actually wasn't doing too bad but now it's a mess again. :/
    Sorry to hear that Cyan made a mess of your L920. With all the hubbub about Cyan and various devices, I think I am glad that my L810 runs fine without any FW update on WP8.1.1.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-05-2014 01:05 PM
    Sorry to hear that Cyan made a mess of your L920. With all the hubbub about Cyan and various devices, I think I am glad that my L810 runs fine without any FW update on WP8.1.1.
    the 810 was the best wp out there..... ! that's why we didn't get cyan . its awesome with out without it
    09-05-2014 01:27 PM
    09-05-2014 01:28 PM
    Really nice pics in macro mode using Nokia devices:
    Instagram macro competition winners showcased - Conversations
    i know right o.o...... that looks like a super expensive camera was used
    09-05-2014 01:36 PM
    Well, here goes my experience for Cyan:

Pros:
    - loving the start screen background
    - loving more tiles
    - loving live lock screen
    - loving new notification options. This new control over notifications is awesome. Gone are the days when your personal messages will show right in the face of a stranger through banner/toasts.
    It is sad that currently no app is taking full advantage of these notification controls.
    - faster animations albeit jittery.
    - faster keyboard. Keys register faster because of wordflow algorithms.
    - and the BIGGEST one. Ability to move apps and games to SD card.
    - if facebook beta is any indication, faster notifications.

Cons:
    -Music, video, games and store apps look more bland and depressing, more content in your face, slow and buggy.
    I'd love to know who hurt the teams developing these apps.
    MS lost the looks, the minimalism, smoothness and functionality in these apps. I'm hoping they will improve sooner rather than later.
    - overall loss of smoothness and fluidity and some lag here and there particularly in store app. Don't get me wrong. Animations are faster, just not that smooth anymore.
    - those terrible green screens when loading Xbox music, video or games app that scars you forever.
    - I can no longer share anything to twitter untill twitter updates its app taking advantage of SAF APIs in WP8.1 which, if past is any indication, isn't happening anytime soon. Hastag sedlyf.

So, that's it folks. I'll still laude it for what it brought rather than what it broke in a hope that MS will fix it soon.

Edit: I own a measly 525 so my phone's performance in no way reflects the performance of high end phones.
    Last edited by DoctorSaline; 09-05-2014 at 02:22 PM.
    09-05-2014 01:37 PM
    The Note 4 edge looks stupid.

It looks cool to me ;). Would love to have it.
    09-05-2014 02:04 PM

Neither is my 820. It never worked really fluid. Maybe I expected too much or there is something wrong with my phone. The closest to my perfectly fluid experience was L930 although not there just yet ;)

Btw rue, or phones are today 2 years old :). Well 2 years since presentation. They are not that horrible for this age, at least 820 isn't, good processor makes a lot of difference :D ;)
    09-05-2014 02:10 PM
    hmm looks like we might get a family plan with tmobile.... yay :D .....now i just need to get a 635 ._. .....

635? Aren't you buying L830?
    09-05-2014 02:11 PM
    maybe the good update was the amber update .... since there was have been more complaining ever since black and cyan update came around
    09-05-2014 02:14 PM
    635? Aren't you buying L830?
    nononoonon lol its for my mother :P she still has a feature phone on Verizon but wants a smart phone. so for her the 635 will be an awesome deal :D. plus she would be 5 dollars less :) from 15 $ to just 10 $
    09-05-2014 02:15 PM
    nononoonon lol its for my mother :P she still has a feature phone on Verizon but wants a smart phone. so for her the 635 will be an awesome deal :D. plus she would be 5 dollars less :) from 15 $ to just 10 $

My mum has L520. She quite likes it only battery is "rubbish" after cyan, she only gets 3 days from it.
    09-05-2014 02:38 PM
    there are the types of people that shouldn't get a computer or smartphone......
    09-05-2014 02:47 PM
    My mum has L520. She quite likes it only battery is "rubbish" after cyan, she only gets 3 days from it.
    3 days o.o..... um that's pretty good for a smartphone
    09-05-2014 02:48 PM
    3 days o.o..... um that's pretty good for a smartphone
    Not really if you use it as a feature phone :P. She only has internet for updating weather informations
    sahib lopez likes this.
    09-05-2014 02:59 PM
    Not really if you use it as a feature phone :P. She only has internet for updating weather informations
    ohhh well in that case i guess it kinda is bad, though 3 days isn't that bad for a smartphone
    09-05-2014 03:05 PM
    Oh! It is raining!
    09-05-2014 03:19 PM
    Oh! It is raining!
    its hot here :P
    09-05-2014 03:27 PM
    So the training for school this morning went ok. I start the insane schedule on Sunday.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    09-05-2014 03:45 PM
    So... I'm doing something a little different tomorrow. We're off to the V&A Museum for a drawing class, as in drawing on paper with a pencil. We're doing human form and no, I have no idea if there will be a live model or not. I think since it's a beginner course that might be no but I don't know.

It's all day and if I manage to do well I'll post some pics of the drawings. :) Oh, lunch is included. :)
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    09-05-2014 04:04 PM
145,237 ... 33413342334333443345 ...