Morning folks.

Growing up in Jamaica, students wear school uniforms from the age you're able to go to school up to college. That's still the standard today/ whether public or private school. Only trade schools and college allow casual wear. That's because we were a British colony. I hated the look of my uniform and they made it more hideous since I left. Still, it was a lot more affordable for my folks to do that than to have to deal with no dress code and buy casual outfits.

We were allowed to wear jeans a few times a year. They called it "jeans day" and you paid a simple fee to wear jeans. The money was fundraising for school projects. I'm sure they've modified that some these days because the jeans girls can wear have gotten tighter and more body fitting. Back then, the girls loved wearing jeans on Jeans day and they could sit however they wanted and not have to worry about people looking up their skirts or tunics.

Students who traveled via public transport got discounted rated once they were in uniform. Everyone used uniforms to identify students easily...but some schools wore similar stuff so the school colors were used to be the markers as the base unit for boys was khaki pants and single pocket khaki shirts. My alma mater we wore a tie in our school colors of blue and yellow. I still like ties, but am picky about the quality. Because of the tie being the only marker, whenever we wanted to do mischief we took our ties off. Now, in addition to the ties, they've put a huge *** school crest on the pocket of the shirt. That would **** me off if I had to wear that now.

Uniforms are cool...most times.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    I never had the experience at school but a few places I've worked I've had a 'uniform' of sorts. I didn't have to pay for any of it though as it's a requirement of the company to provide it for us. All that stuff, that which I've kept, is in Australia. I have none of it here. Not that I'd wear it anyway. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 07:54 AM
    You rebel, Rue.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-15-2014 08:38 AM
    You rebel, Rue.
    Me? A rebel? Hmmm.... let me think about that one. :P
    Muessig likes this.
    09-15-2014 08:45 AM
    Can you put into normal terms instead of a Sahibism?

Alright my jab to apple was that every time apple comes out with a new phone most tech oriented on the subject of phones its usually the same things that were on other phones. Apple plays it like the invented it and everyone out of the loop thinks its the best thing ever
    09-15-2014 08:46 AM
    I like thing drink rebel:p
    sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810
    09-15-2014 08:47 AM
    Alright my jab to apple was that every time apple comes out with a new phone most tech oriented on the subject of phones its usually the same things that were on other phones. Apple plays it like the invented it and everyone out of the loop thinks its the best thing ever
    Um, that's not really a comparison to what I was saying... unless I missed something...
    09-15-2014 08:50 AM
    :( wow I forgot my towel , apple and pop tart .what a bad way to start a Monday D:
    09-15-2014 09:02 AM
    I can always buy an apple 🍎 but I don't think I wanna spend 1$ on a pop tart. As for towel situation ill just make sure I don't sweat so much >:)
    09-15-2014 09:06 AM
    You jinxed it!
    I did what?

Poslano z mojega SM-T520 z uporabo Tapatalk
    09-15-2014 09:14 AM
    I did what?

It means you stated one thing but the opposite happened.
    09-15-2014 09:31 AM
    It means you stated one thing but the opposite happened.
    Oh, yeah I saw that. :( . But we were on right track.
    So anyway, I'm now home from school and I started learning geography.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 09:34 AM
    Oh, yeah I saw that. :( . But we were on right track.
    So anyway, I'm now home from school and I started learning geography.

Geography is fun. In my last year of it I didn't take the exam because the teacher gave us an option of not taking it and having our current marks or taking and possibly getting a higher mark. I decided my mark of 72% was sufficient.

It might have been more complicated than that but that's what I remember. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 09:40 AM
    It is fun indeed. I like it a lot. We have Europe currently, middle Europe to be more precise. But I still like physics more :P.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
    09-15-2014 09:42 AM
    It is fun indeed. I like it a lot. We have Europe currently, middle Europe to be more precise. But I still like physics more :P.
    Anything maths related I'm good at. Geography is interesting because so many new things have happened recently and they keep learning more.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 09:52 AM
    I'm good with history ^.^ I like history because well i like stories
    Sport Driver likes this.
    09-15-2014 09:53 AM
    Well time to work out the whole school day .
    09-15-2014 09:53 AM
    Anything maths related I'm good at. Geography is interesting because so many new things have happened recently and they keep learning more.

I'm good at physics but not at math but I still like it more than learning languages. I'm probably just to clumsy at math.
    09-15-2014 09:54 AM
    I'm good with history ^.^ I like history because well i like stories
    We're not discussing the History Channel. :P Real history is not a 'story' made up. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 10:00 AM
    I'm good at physics but not at math but I still like it more than learning languages. I'm probably just to clumsy at math.
    But.... physics = math.... that's a bit confusing....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 10:00 AM
    But.... physics = math.... that's a bit confusing....

Yeah I know but still, I'm better with physics, have no idea why.
    I mean, I'm not that bad at math that I would struggle but it's not as good as physics.
    09-15-2014 10:06 AM
    Yeah I know but still, I'm better with physics, have no idea why.
    I mean, I'm not that bad at math that I would struggle but it's not as good as physics.
    What kind of physics have you done? I know some of it fairly easy math but then it does get more complex and the use of calculus is part of things along with all sorts of wonderful math.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2014 10:10 AM
    Huh, forces, and lest year work, kinetic energy, potential energy,... That's stuff but I have no idea how deep in this have we gone because I don't know how deep it goes. Oh and we had great last year. This year it's time for electricity.
    09-15-2014 10:14 AM
    Huh, forces, and lest year work, kinetic energy, potential energy,... That's stuff but I have no idea how deep in this have we gone because I don't know how deep it goes. Oh and we had great last year. This year it's time for electricity.
    That's all the fun stuff. If you need any help with electricity let me know... I think I can handle it. :P
    Sport Driver and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-15-2014 10:16 AM
    Speaking of "forces" my daughter keeps trying to use the force to grab stuff... Fortunately, she hasn't figured it out yet.
    09-15-2014 10:17 AM
    That's all the fun stuff. If you need any help with electricity let me know... I think I can handle it. :P

I will if I need it :D. My father is electrician but since he doesn't have university education he might not be able to help me with everything.
    So thank you, I appreciate it 😊.
    09-15-2014 10:19 AM
144,475 ... 33703371337233733374 ...