Nokia Care Suite for Retail will be able to wipe your phone clean with the latest software/firmware. Just wait a month or so.
    Thanks . I hope it comes out soon because I know for sure I'm going to missed glance on this phone .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    09-30-2014 07:31 AM
    Thanks . I hope it comes out soon because I know for sure I'm going to missed glance on this phone .

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Glance. I get the feeling it won't be an option anymore.
    09-30-2014 07:32 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Glance. I get the feeling it won't be an option anymore.
    ._. Well as long as it's able to get the flashed firmware I'll be happy .

09-30-2014 07:36 AM
    So do other Lumia 830 users have denim on their phone? Or its just you?
    09-30-2014 07:37 AM
    It's just me :p the rest have denim :)

09-30-2014 07:38 AM
    ._. Well as long as it's able to get the flashed firmware I'll be happy .

I'm sure you'll be able to flash your phone. Kind of sad that they let things like this go on sale. MS has a tendency not to upgrade these products.

As for glance, I'm expecting (though not holding my breath) that you should be able to get a touch cover. I guess we'll see.
    09-30-2014 07:39 AM
    It's just me :p the rest have denim :)

You are lucky because they won't get to use debian red. Lol
    09-30-2014 07:40 AM
    I'm sure you'll be able to flash your phone. Kind of sad that they let things like this go on sale. MS has a tendency not to upgrade these products.

As for glance, I'm expecting (though not holding my breath) that you should be able to get a touch cover. I guess we'll see.
    I wonder why it would go on sale too . I also wondering how the person got it hold of these phones ?

Oh I will get that cover thingy . It looks cool and stylish.

09-30-2014 07:42 AM
    Even I have to use 2g sometimes on my phone. At home I have unlimited internet, 6gb unlimited monthly(6.2 mbps speed) after the 6 Gb FUP applies & the speed is reduced to 157kbps! Actually I have photon max Wi-Fi, its good. Even I heard that Airtel provides a good speed. So you can buy Airtel or Tata photon.
    I once considered to but photon 3g, but its only available in some parts in Bangalore & Delhi, not in Mumbai here. It has a whooping speed of 21mbps
    Actually,I wanted a plan that gives 512kbps speed at all times(unlimited) for 600₹ or 1Mbps for ₹1000 like in mtnl. I just checked the bsnl website and saw the same plan, everything was same, even the price. But I'm hesitant about bsnl because its government owned, and their service isn't exactly good. I mean when I used to get a call on my mtnl Landline, the internet connection got disrupted. I thought that only happened on dial up connections, then I got to know that mtnl service is.....meh. How is bsnl broadband? Is the service good in general? I know you have photon, but still asking in general as I'm absolutely clue less, and don't want to end up regretting. 😊
    You are lucky because they won't get to use debian red. Lol
    I get to use a distro of Linux ;)

I've never used it in my 810 so I will not miss it on the 830 if it is not there.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-30-2014 07:51 AM
    This particular batch on eBay has Debian red
    09-30-2014 07:51 AM
    Actually,I wanted a plan that gives 512kbps speed at all times(unlimited) for 600₹ or 1Mbps for ₹1000 like in mtnl. I just checked the bsnl website and saw the same plan, everything was same, even the price. But I'm hesitant about bsnl because its government owned, and their service isn't exactly good. I mean when I used to get a call on my mtnl Landline, the internet connection got disrupted. I thought that only happened on dial up connections, then I got to know that mtnl service is.....meh. How is bsnl broadband? Is the service good in general? I know you have photon, but still asking in general as I'm absolutely clue less, and don't want to end up regretting. 😊
    Well I can't say anything about bsnl. I used mtnl years before, its totally crap. Mostly how much data would you use monthly? If its around 3-4 Gb, there's photon for that. It's around ₹650 monthly. It also has 6gb unlimited monthly for ₹950. Airtel is even cheaper, I don't know the exact prices. Actually fully unlimited plans doesn't exist in India. All this mtnl, bsnl they just cheat users saying that its fully unlimited. In India you have FUP limit for different companies & those who say they provide fully unlimited, its not, its around 20-25gb. After the FUP limit the speed of mtnl, bsnl is worst, even less than 100kbps or 50kbps. But 20 Gb is a lot of data. Even you have reliance nowadays, but I don't trust reliance. Check different sites for the best internet services in India, you might get something useful.
    09-30-2014 07:52 AM
    Even Airtel's good. I have it on my phone. I have DoCoMo max Wi-Fi at home.

Airtel doesn't even have 3G ( in Kerala )
    09-30-2014 08:17 AM
    Well I can't say anything about bsnl. I used mtnl years before, its totally crap. Mostly how much data would you use monthly? If its around 3-4 Gb, there's photon for that. It's around ₹650 monthly. It also has 6gb unlimited monthly for ₹950. Airtel is even cheaper, I don't know the exact prices. Actually fully unlimited plans doesn't exist in India. All this mtnl, bsnl they just cheat users saying that its fully unlimited. In India you have FUP limit for different companies & those who say they provide fully unlimited, its not, its around 20-25gb. After the FUP limit the speed of mtnl, bsnl is worst, even less than 100kbps or 50kbps. But 20 Gb is a lot of data. Even you have reliance nowadays, but I don't trust reliance. Check different sites for the best internet services in India, you might get something useful.
    Actually three people in my family use the internet a lot-my dad(Office work), brother(networking) and myself. 20gb is easily used up lol. But MTNL speeds don't deteriorate after 20gb... It is truly unlimited. My modems log shows approx 40-50gb used monthly. The speed is a constant 512kbps, unlike mobile data plans in which the speed is 3mbps+ but only until 2gb or so, after which it reduces to 156kbps lol. I just enquired, seems Airtel broadband is not available in Nagpur :( some construction issues they say. Have to make do with either photon max Wi-Fi or bsnl.
    09-30-2014 08:39 AM
    Really? :-o They have it in Tamil Nadu, so why not Kerala? Odd....
    09-30-2014 08:40 AM
    I've never used it in my 810 so I will not miss it on the 830 if it is not there.

The 830 has glance :p Just mine doesn't but I hope I can get it on there soon 😃
    09-30-2014 08:44 AM
    Who said airtel doesn't have 3g in Kerala? :-o It has good coverage and speed
    09-30-2014 08:47 AM
    The 830 has glance :p Just mine doesn't but I hope I can get it on there soon
    I never use glance. But then my battery is pretty crap.
    09-30-2014 08:48 AM
    Looks like we're getting educated in India Internet companies. I guess I should pay attention in case I ever go there for work.
    09-30-2014 08:49 AM
    Hmmm, they seem to have changed the verbiage for Office 365... It now says you can use it on 5 PC's, PLUS 5 windows tablets.... Does the Surface Pro count as a PC or tablet??? I'm thinking that by tablet they mean Win RT... Anyone know?
    09-30-2014 08:51 AM
    Looks like we're getting educated in India Internet companies. I guess I should pay attention in case I ever go there for work.
    Wow, you are in UK, why would you come to India? Any good reason except for work?
    09-30-2014 08:54 AM
    So you from Kerala?
    09-30-2014 08:55 AM
    Wow, you are in UK, why would you come to India? Any good reason except for work?
    Actually both my wife and I are kind of fascinated by India and may come for a visit next year regardless. Believe it or not, people do like the idea of India. I like to travel and experience new places. I don't plan to get caught up in the nonsense there.

From the work side, I am coordinating work with our India offices in New Delhi so there is a chance I may need to go there at some stage.
    09-30-2014 08:58 AM
    Hmmm, they seem to have changed the verbiage for Office 365... It now says you can use it on 5 PC's, PLUS 5 windows tablets.... Does the Surface Pro count as a PC or tablet??? I'm thinking that by tablet they mean Win RT... Anyone know?
    They could mean iPad and Android (soon to come). RT already has Office on it.

This is what it says -
    5 PCs or Macs plus 5 iPads or Windows tablets

Maybe HP etc?
    09-30-2014 08:59 AM
142,840 ... 34323433343434353436 ...