WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ohh this new government is awesome :/ " ache din Anne wale hai was the slogan but now bure din a Gaye " :p

I think it's interesting with Modi being Prime Minister. Being Chief Minister of Gujarat and then elected Prime Minister to bring the same wealth to the rest of the country. It's like a guy who inherited all his money and now gives advice on how to become rich.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I think it's interesting with Modi being Prime Minister. Being Chief Minister of Gujarat and then elected Prime Minister to bring the same wealth to the rest of the country. It's like a guy who inherited all his money and now gives advice on how to become rich.
Wow , you know about Modi :D

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Another fact. Let's leave politics aside. Windows phone is growing rapidly here.

For some reason in India it will be easy I think for WP to do well. With the US and other western countries, not so much. WP still lacks that eye catching phone and it still lacks way too many apps/games for most people, especially when they're addicted to a certain game or app. As well as when their friends have it.

The biggest mountain to climb for WP is to get the younger generation onto it. They want all the apps their friends have. That's why WP is where it is. I'm not saying all young people are like this but majority are.

If Apple brings out a real budget device and a large screen device Android and WP are in deep trouble. That's IMO.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

That reminds me of the hen and the egg. Or of a vicious circle. But I think to a big part it's Microsoft's own fault. They just didn't put any resources into WP7 back in the times. It was behind when it came out and it took them months only to add copy & paste. Then they decided to forgot all about it, as they just did with Windows Mobile, and release a copy of WP7 with NT kernel. In some regards it was even worse than WP7 (no FM radio just as an example, and then they brought FM radio back with a lot of fanfare in a GDR, it was ridiculous).

Now they seem to put some effort into the OS, but it's so damn late that they seem to focus entirely on cheap hardware. That might help gain market share in developing countries, but it won't bring the prestige and reputation to gain market share in iOS countries where people usually buy high-end.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now they seem to put some effort into the OS, but it's so damn late that they seem to focus entirely on cheap hardware. That might help gain market share in developing countries, but it won't bring the prestige and reputation to gain market share in iOS countries where people usually buy high-end.

Thing is, Nokia wasis popular in the developing world when it was just Nokia simply due to it's quality and what Symbian could do. WP basically destroyed that market as it was too locked down. It seems it's at a turning point now with that.

Saying that, I agree they're pretty much paddling against a stream when it comes to everywhere else.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I just unplugged my 1520 from the charger and for reason it was turned all the way off but still had 100% battery.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Actually it's interesting that I stayed that long with Windows Phone... ;-)

Probably didn't know better. :p

Now you've seen iOS and Android both you now have more of an idea what WP lacks. :p

I'm still keeping an open mind about WP vs Android for me. I don't want anything to do with iPhone personally.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I just unplugged my 1520 from the charger and for reason it was turned all the way off but still had 100% battery.

When I turned the phone back on I didn't even realize my finger was also on the volume up button. I was freaking out that I accidentally did a hard reset until I unlocked it.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

This happened a few times before, I hope this goes away with the official release.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When I turned the phone back on I didn't even realize my finger was also on the volume up button. I was freaking out that I accidentally did a hard reset until I unlocked it.

Isn't it a three button hard reset?

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Probably didn't know better. :p

Now you've seen iOS and Android both you now have more of an idea what WP lacks. :p

I'm still keeping an open mind about WP vs Android for me. I don't want anything to do with iPhone personally.

I like Android, but somehow I don't feel like buying one of those phones. I don't really know why. Still, if my 8X would break right now, I'd probably go for the old HTC One. It's not as big as the new one and prettier in my opinion, and the hardware still holds up very well. They even released Sense 6 for it. It's also pretty cheap now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12