WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I like Android, but somehow I don't feel like buying one of those phones. I don't really know why. Still, if my 8X would break right now, I'd probably go for the old HTC One. It's not as big as the new one and prettier in my opinion, and the hardware still holds up very well. They even released Sense 6 for it. It's also pretty cheap now.

I would have no idea what Android phone to get if I were to buy one at this moment in time. I'd prefer a Nexus but I don't like the current one so maybe once the new one comes out it's a possibility. But if the supposed Nokia McLaren looks is true then depending on the specs/size it may be an option.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Nah, it's WP. Expect bugs until WP version 10 or something. If it survives. :p

Maybe they'll rename it and release something entirely different. "Windows RT for Phone 1". Of course not upgradable and not back-compatible.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I would have no idea what Android phone to get if I were to buy one at this moment in time. I'd prefer a Nexus but I don't like the current one so maybe once the new one comes out it's a possibility. But if the supposed Nokia McLaren looks is true then depending on the specs/size it may be an option.

Except of the camera and the wireless charging thingy, the current Nexus has the same hardware as the 930, only that you can get it for 399 instead of 569 Swiss Francs...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What an optimistic thing to say!

Realistic you mean. As I've mentioned. MS needs to get it's act together and make sure they put out the flash hardware and get the apps and games. Without those two things WP might was well disappear tomorrow.

2013 was a boring year for WP and this year hasn't be spectacular. How long do they really expect people to keep waiting? How long do you drag a stationary product along and spend money on it? Economics my friend.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Except of the camera and the wireless charging thingy, the current Nexus has the same hardware as the 930, only that you can get it for 399 instead of 569 Swiss Francs...

Hmm, it's ?329. Not bad. I'll have to consider this properly in time. At this stage I'm waiting for Cyan update and then I'll go from there. Not sure when the Nexus 6 is due for release though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Realistic you mean. As I've mentioned. MS needs to get it's act together and make sure they put out the flash hardware and get the apps and games. Without those two things WP might was well disappear tomorrow.

2013 was a boring year for WP and this year hasn't be spectacular. How long do they really expect people to keep waiting? How long do you drag a stationary product along and spend money on it? Economics my friend.

Until autumn 2014! ;-)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

They're putting up new offices just across the road from me. I really hate when they start pile driving. :/

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Hey Nadia, what's new on your MD journey these days?

Oh well! Since my sister had a baby....I'm becoming tired easily :p....we are learning mainly about cancer this week....since our university is gonna take part in its research!! So more work this month :| and evolution is happening faster than we expected....they're currently hiring lecturers... So excited 😃 but i have fps next week again =| I'm gonna skip it as I have INUN(Inter-University) basketball matches....oh well! Hope everything goes as planned

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

I think 3 rape cases since the new government? :p

That made it to the Swiss media? Yes, I think that's about it. And then there are all the cases that have a lower impact, are just ignored or never even reported.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

and evolution is happening faster than we expected....they're currently hiring lecturers...

I started laughing when I read this because for moment there I was wondering what new research showed this. :p Then it was only after reading the next bit that I realised you were talking about your university. :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hmm, it's ?329. Not bad. I'll have to consider this properly in time. At this stage I'm waiting for Cyan update and then I'll go from there. Not sure when the Nexus 6 is due for release though.

If you want a N5 let me know....I got one...and the camera on it is pretty good and can go toe to toe with the S5 which is not bad. It is still below the iPhone 5S and Nokia but not too far behind....

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nick, if you want a N5 let me know....I got one...and the camera on it is pretty good and can go toe to toe with the S5 which is not bad. It is still below the iPhone 5S and Nokia but not too far behind....

Is it the 32GB model and of course the important question, how much?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

That made it to the Swiss media? Yes, I think that's about it. And then there are all the cases that have a lower impact, are just ignored or never even reported.

Trust me even the Indian media don't get the lower impact cases. Mostly because the victims are harassed by the police and stuff

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I started laughing when I read this because for moment there I was wondering what new research showed this. :p Then it was only after reading the next bit that I realised you were talking about your university. :p

Lol :p i knew it sounded funny :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb