I blame the carriers for the update process . At least the global variants have a better shot at getting updates .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Everything is still subjected to consumers buying the product. It doesn't matter from whom, if MSFT puts out something compelling OS wise and their OEM partners matches it with good hardware, people will buy it. If it is in demand enough, the carrier versions will sell and it means the carriers will allow for updates.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra
    10-12-2014 09:37 PM
    Oh I'm pretty sure they will remember me :p
    I can guarantee that

OK, hotshot. Call us when this work pays off.

10-12-2014 09:39 PM
    OK, hotshot. Call us when this work pays off.

._. Well what did you want me to say :p? I could of said " I bet they did forget me :( " at least I'm trying now

10-12-2014 09:56 PM
    Everything is still subjected to consumers buying the product. It doesn't matter from whom, if MSFT puts out something compelling OS wise and their OEM partners matches it with good hardware, people will buy it. If it is in demand enough, the carrier versions will sell and it means the carriers will allow for updates.

:/ still kinda lame that carriers would do it for the money .

10-12-2014 09:57 PM
    ._. Well what did you want me to say :p? I could of said " I bet they did forget me :( " at least I'm trying now

You should pop your collar and show confidenence in yourself.

10-12-2014 10:06 PM
    :/ still kinda lame that carriers would do it for the money .

Dude. They're solely in the business to make money. Just like everyone else.

10-12-2014 10:06 PM
    You should pop your collar and show confidenence in yourself.

that's what im doing ;P at least Im better of than last year :o
    10-12-2014 10:08 PM
    Dude. They're solely in the business to make money. Just like everyone else.

I guess it would be nice to receive updates. that way I wouldn't mind giving my money to a carrier
    10-12-2014 10:09 PM
    I'm tired. Still leaning towards a Z2. Ideally want a Z3, but there's no money for that.

10-12-2014 10:11 PM
    I guess it would be nice to receive updates. that way I wouldn't mind giving my money to a carrier
    No guarantees there either when you're dealing with an OEM directly. Just your odds are a bit better to get a bit better mileage from your device that way.

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:17 PM
    Oi, get your own penguin... *arms torpedoes*
    Wat da hell is all dis mess?? A talking, phone-using penguin armed with torpedoes going to take over this forums?

*Grabs shotgun*
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:24 PM
    Wat da hell is all dis mess?? A talking, phone-using penguin armed with torpedoes going to take over this forums?

*Grabs shotgun*
    o.o......... I don't think that will help
    10-12-2014 10:25 PM
    No guarantees there either when you're dealing with an OEM directly. Just your odds are a bit better to get a bit better mileage from your device that way.

well this is a crappy situation that oems and carriers put on consumers
    10-12-2014 10:26 PM
    dang the icon crew is about to grab pitchforks and burn down Verizon. hehehe feels like Deja vu :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:33 PM
    well this is a crappy situation that oems and carriers put on consumers
    Indeed. That's why the best defense for a consumer is to be as educated as possible. Apple gets to charge crazy money because their terms are stuff people have been sold to accept: tight rein on an experience that seemingly works well for those who buy into it. MSFT was onto what Apple knows...people want stuff to simply work, and if you offer a good version of a means to that end, people will buy. MSFT hasn't figured out how to execute with that yet.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5
    sahib lopez likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:33 PM
    dang the icon crew is about to grab pitchforks and burn down Verizon. hehehe feels like Deja vu :P
    Yup, and nobody gave a **** when we were looking to do that over the 810 and by extension the t-mo 8X.

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:34 PM

*Grabs shotgun*
    Don't worry, I won't allow it!
    * grabs a rifle*
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:38 PM
    huh so theoretically using a white background on the LCD panel on wp uses less power than if it was on a black background
    Black vs white screen power consumption - 24 more monitors tested « Techlogg.com Techlogg.com
    10-12-2014 10:42 PM
    Indeed. That's why the best defense for a consumer is to be as educated as possible. Apple gets to charge crazy money because their terms are stuff people have been sold to accept: tight rein on an experience that seemingly works well for those who buy into it. MSFT was onto what Apple knows...people want stuff to simply work, and if you offer a good version of a means to that end, people will buy. MSFT hasn't figured out how to execute with that yet.

I think it was that people expected wp to be like android but that didn't happen. so the minority complained to msft and msft caved. msft changed from " the just works mentality " to the add lots of features and fix them later
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:46 PM
    Yup, and nobody gave a **** when we were looking to do that over the 810 and by extension the t-mo 8X.

Im not sure what to think but so far Verizon is showing the warning signs that they will EOL it soon after they update the icon
    10-12-2014 10:48 PM
    lol 3 posts in and hes already ... oh yeah I forgot I cant mention that here :/ forgot
    10-12-2014 11:25 PM
    lol 3 posts in and hes already ... oh yeah I forgot I cant mention that here :/ forgot

😷
    sahib lopez and Toan Le like this.
    10-12-2014 11:32 PM
    I go to sleep and sahib had a love in with a penguin....

Well the thread has turned back to 'normal'....
    10-13-2014 12:06 AM
    I think it was that people expected wp to be like android but that didn't happen. so the minority complained to msft and msft caved. msft changed from " the just works mentality " to the add lots of features and fix them later
    Seems to me they've tried to do both and have failed at both. Not sure what they do next. I like the last round of Lumia devices and want to get one because they're the last Nokia branded devices. Problem now is that they honestly are flawed devices, just as the first WP8 models were. Much of their limitations stem from MSFT's handling of how the software supported better hardware.

How much better would a 1520 be with a s805 processor and the OS with devs focusing on apps maximizing that screen space? How much better would the 930 be running a s801 chip even with a 2600mah battery? How much better would the 1020 be if it was a quad core s800 with 2 cores running the camera solely? How much better would the 920/925 be with s600 chips? Hardware isn't everything but man, WP just got shafted with the hardware, trying to make greatness out of flawed out tech be a use of untimely OS limitations. Now the hardware is catching up, the question is how will want to use it?

sahib lopez likes this.
    10-13-2014 12:08 AM
    So what have I leaned reading all that?

Be wary of armed penguins....

Sahib doesn't understand rhyming....

No one should have bought the Icon....
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-13-2014 12:08 AM
144,448 ... 35033504350535063507 ...