The guy beside me just got the 5S. He's a bit of a fanboy but he admits that it's not much different than the 5.
    Well, I've just finished installing it, and it's kind of disappointing. Sure, I'm impressed, but I'm disappointed at the same time. I'm waiting for the devs to take advantage of iOS 7.
    09-23-2013 03:20 AM
    Well, I've just finished installing it, and it's kind of disappointing. Sure, I'm impressed, but I'm disappointed at the same time. I'm waiting for the devs to take advantage of iOS 7.
    It didn't seem as if iOS 7 was made for the iPad and iPad Mini.
    09-23-2013 03:25 AM
    It didn't seem as if iOS 7 was made for the iPad and iPad Mini.
    I know.
    I was fine with the previous versions of iOS being shoehorned onto the iPad, but iOS 7? Made for iPhone, and it really shows. If anything, they should at least try to put more icons on the home screen.

The control center alone is proof of how they just shoehorned it onto the iPad. They could at least put a home screen or multitasking shortcut there to try to deprecate those rather awkward gestures, which I find rather awkward, for lack of a better term.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-23-2013 03:32 AM
    So, I was cleaning out a cupboard at home yesterday and I found..... My old Gameboy! Im going to put batteries in it and see if it works. I want to play Super Mario!
    BIGPADDY, snowmutt and Muessig like this.
    09-23-2013 03:33 AM
    So, I was cleaning out a cupboard at home yesterday and I found..... My old Gameboy! Im going to put batteries in it and see if it works. I want to play Super Mario!
    A GAMEBOY?! *squeals*

Congratulations on the find of the century!
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-23-2013 03:38 AM
    OK maybe some mentions of FOAM party and drinking of beer. :P
    Do you need foam pads?
    09-23-2013 03:38 AM
    A GAMEBOY?! *squeals*

Lameboy, anyone?
    09-23-2013 03:39 AM
    OK maybe some mentions of FOAM party and drinking of beer. :P
    Nope none at all, no foam party or beer.
    09-23-2013 03:53 AM
    Nope none at all, no foam party or beer.
    Yeah, right.....
    09-23-2013 03:54 AM
    Just installed Defraggler on a pc in office, Like a Boss (Because am the youngest here and know technical things :p)
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-23-2013 03:55 AM
    The guy who owns the 5S feels the same about iOS7 on the iPad. There's a couple of other things he doesn't like about iOS7 and some things he loves. It appears to be one of those love/hate things going on.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    09-23-2013 04:04 AM
    So I got the Amber update on my 920 and I downloaded Nokia Pro Cam. So far with Amber I'm not too impressed. Some things appear to be working the slower (GPS) and my battery drain issue still exists. So I'm not overly happy. I have no idea if I got GDR2 as I don't appear to have FM radio... ?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-23-2013 04:06 AM
    So I got the Amber update on my 920 and I downloaded Nokia Pro Cam. So far with Amber I'm not too impressed. Some things appear to be working the slower (GPS) and my battery drain issue still exists. So I'm not overly happy. I have no idea if I got GDR2 as I don't appear to have FM radio... ?
    Same for me, I was disappointed as well with the same issues and WiFi keeps going off!

And no fm radio I want to listen to capital!
    09-23-2013 04:17 AM
    Same for me, I was disappointed as well with the same issues and WiFi keeps going off!

And no fm radio I want to listen to capital!
    Found the radio. It's in music + video. I thought it would be similar to Nokia Symbian. How silly of me.
    09-23-2013 04:23 AM
    A GAMEBOY?! *squeals*

Well I grew up in the Gameboy era. So its kinda special.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    09-23-2013 04:25 AM
    Found the radio. It's in music + video. I thought it would be similar to Nokia Symbian. How silly of me.
    Yeah it is, I didn't notice I don't use xbox music that much, I tend to use Nokia player.
    09-23-2013 04:28 AM
    Yeah it is, I didn't notice I don't use xbox music that much, I tend to use Nokia player.
    Yeah I'm the same. I just thought it would have been more obvious. :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-23-2013 04:30 AM
    Well I grew up in the Gameboy era. So its kinda special.
    Some people are not nostalgic and tend to see old technology as useless or pointless. I'm a fan of future tech but I appreciate where technology has come from. I've grown up with it pretty much my whole life, from the first home computers to the latest smartphones.
    09-23-2013 04:33 AM
    Just installed Defraggler on a pc in office, Like a Boss (Because am the youngest here and know technical things :p)
    I use CCleaner and Defraggler on a PC and my Mac, they are useful programs! :)
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-23-2013 04:54 AM
    I use Xbox Music, then again that's because i sync music that i've purchased via iTunes.
    09-23-2013 04:58 AM
    Some people are not nostalgic and tend to see old technology as useless or pointless. I'm a fan of future tech but I appreciate where technology has come from. I've grown up with it pretty much my whole life, from the first home computers to the latest smartphones.
    Old tech is good for about 5 minutes just to see how far we have come. The old Atari 2600 games are good for a 5 minute time waster now on mobile but they soon lose there appeal. I grew up with one of these.

amstrad.jpg

Amstrad cpc 6128 - it was the first (and only) PC to use 3" disks when all other PC's were using tapes. Games were incredibly hard to get hold of but I have fond memories of playing this.

raid.jpg

Ahh the joys of 128kb of memory.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-23-2013 05:06 AM
    Old tech is good for about 5 minutes just to see how far we have come. The old Atari 2600 games are good for a 5 minute time waster now on mobile but they soon lose there appeal. I grew up with one of these.

Amstrad cpc 6128 - it was the first (and only) PC to use 3" disks when all other PC's were using tapes. Games were incredibly hard to get hold of but I have fond memories of playing this.

Ahh the joys of 128kb of memory.
    Interesting.

I had one of these second hand:

pong.png

My brother bought one of these Timex Sinclair:

times.png

And in school I learned computers on one of these:

pet2001-black.jpg

That was when I was in 3rd of 4th year primary school (so around 9 years old) only two in the class.

I don't miss any of those things.
    martinmc78 and snowmutt like this.
    09-23-2013 05:26 AM
    We had the ZX spectrum's in school with the rubber keyboards and then bbc micro's later on with those ridiculous 5.25" floppy disks.
    09-23-2013 05:36 AM
    We had the ZX spectrum's in school with the rubber keyboards and then bbc micro's later on with those ridiculous 5.25" floppy disks.
    Did you know there was a 8" floppy? I've actually seen one. I remember the 5" and the 3.5". I hated them both. LOL! I was so happy to see the floppy drive die.
    09-23-2013 05:39 AM
    Did you know there was a 8" floppy? I've actually seen one. I remember the 5" and the 3.5". I hated them both. LOL! I was so happy to see the floppy drive die.
    I don't know what's worse: floppy drives or dial up internet
    09-23-2013 05:46 AM
143,680 ... 350351352353354 ...