WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

i actually have a copy of the movie Her in phone. I love how this movie can make me forget I'm watching a movie about a human-AI relationship. It all feels so real, you know. And all the emotions and the new perspective I got from it... Wow. Just wow

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

i actually have a copy of the movie Her in phone. I love how this movie can make me forget I'm watching a movie about a human-AI relationship. It all feels so real, you know. And all the emotions and new the new perspective I got from it... Wow. Just wow

Some people find the idea of Her a bit creepy. I'm indifferent personally and we're already heading that way anyway. Japan has already dipped it's toes in.

We can discuss what 'alive' and 'life' is another time. :p

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Absolutely. I gotta hit the road again now. Guess I'm not gonna make Cortana play my playlist this time since she proves to be quite clumsy in handling my tunes :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Some people find the idea of Her a bit creepy. I'm indifferent personally and we're already heading that way anyway. Japan has already dipped it's toes in.

We can discuss what 'alive' and 'life' is another time. :p

There seems to be a new quoting feature implemented, it doesn't seem to work right though.

I'm not indifferent. I'm entirely side of the protagonist's ex-wife. A relationship to a programmed operation system is an artificial one, it can never replace a real relationship. It's avoiding conflict, it's taking advantage. You can't just shut down or update a person, you can't just give the person you have a relationship with back. It's worse than an internet relationship with a person you know you will never be able to meet, at least that's a real person, a person with a face and a history.

No manufacturer would however allow this to happen anyway. A relationship of a person with the published software could lead to nasty law-suits from all directions. I really don't see this happen.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There seems to be a new quoting feature implemented, it doesn't seem to work right though.

I'm not indifferent. I'm entirely side of the protagonist's ex-wife. A relationship to a programmed operation system is an artificial one, it can never replace a real relationship. It's avoiding conflict, it's taking advantage. You can't just shut down or update a person, you can't just give the person you have a relationship with back. It's worse than an internet relationship with a person you know you will never be able to meet, at least that's a real person, a person with a face and a history.

No manufacturer would however allow this to happen anyway. A relationship of a person with the published software could lead to nasty law-suits from all directions. I really don't see this happen.

I haven't seen the movie so I wasn't aware of the ex-wife bit.

I do agree there are many issues around the use if AI or OS as a sub to real relationships. We are already seeing the issues with social media and the lack of empathy that people have when they are not connected face to face. Though I personally think humans have a long way to go with that anyway.

My indifference was to do with whatever 'floats your boat'. In Japan they are already having 'virtual' relationships with AI. I have little doubt that AI sex is either already happening or will happen soon. There's already ways to have 'virtual' sex with your partner using either a computer or smartphone. They're not perfect but we're already heading that way. I won't go into the 'Real Doll'.

As we both know a lot of the hang ups about sex and relationships is from religious thinking. To me AI will never be a substitute for a real person but it may be helpful for some situations.

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

Hold your horses, human has a long way to go until such a human like AI can be created. Intellectual capabilities, sure, but I'm not too sure about emotional capabilities. Something like Stark 's Jarvis :) now that's an impressive AI

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hold your horses, human has a long way to go until such a human like AI can be created. Intellectual capabilities, sure, but I'm not too sure about emotional capabilities. Something like Stark 's Jarvis :) now that's an impressive AI

No one said that there was a perfect AI available. I was just pointing out that we're already moving in that direction. There are guys in Japan taking their virtual 'girlfriends' on dates. Not sure what else goes on. It also depends on what you want out of that other 'person'. There's a lot of strange people out there.

To be used just for gratification it doesn't take much does it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077