WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Aircon
atepyqam.jpg

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy S5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. So the company retreat yesterday sucked monkeyballs. To be fair, it wasn't terrible, but the turnout was the lowest ever since I've been there. Mgmt actually doesn't care in my opinion how much they've ruined employee moral over the past few years. I do like some of my coworkers, that's why I went.

Yes, it was nice to not be in the office but I rather have been off and at home that day.

My wife did a day 'team' building retreat once. She calls it the most uncomfortable day of her career.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My wife did a day 'team' building retreat once. She calls it the most uncomfortable day of her career.

that's understandable. I have mad respect for people who are trainers who specialize in coming into difficult work environments to try to improve the culture. Sometimes I'd rather dodge rapid fire from a nail gun than to be in that situation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

that's understandable. I have mad respect for people who are trainers who specialize in coming into difficult work environments to try to improve the culture. Sometimes I'd rather dodge rapid fire from a nail gun than to be in that situation.

The company that did hers wasn't that great. The company she was working with at the time was going through a change, not a good one I might add, and people were disenchanted with the company. Many people left within a year.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The company that did hers wasn't that great. The company she was working with at the time was going through a change, not a good one I might add, and people were disenchanted with the company. Many people left within a year.

At my current job site, we've had an almost virtual full turnover (except for mgmt of course) of staff since I started there 7 years ago. I can count on ONE hand the number of staff that was there when I started in my direct section.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

At my current job site, we've had an almost virtual full turnover (except for mgmt of course) of staff since I started there 7 years ago. I can count on ONE hand the number of staff that was there when I started in my direct section.

Sounds sort of similar. To explain fully. They were moving offices and the management was changing it's style. In the old office my wife and the other counselors had offices as they saw clients regularly, usually teens and their parents as that was the group she was working with.

The new office was a 'fish bowl' design with the management sitting in offices with windows looking out onto the 'worker' class who now sat in an open office configuration with little to no privacy. They then had to 'book' rooms when they had clients. On top of that the management change was directing themselves to more a profit enterprise even though they were given government grants for the work they did. The 'team' building exercise was supposed to be the start of the 'new' company. They had a new bible to work with that was written by someone who could only be called a 'charlatan' when it came to 'caring' for others. A rich business woman who took advantage of the Australian government changes to become richer.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Reading this really makes me appreciate my boss even more. Even though he sometimes doesn't show up for meetings without giving notice ;-)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I want to learn how to shoot!! But if i lose my glasses then it's gonna be a problem =| same goes to surgery.... If my glasses are broken I'm dead meat

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sounds sort of similar. To explain fully. They were moving offices and the management was changing it's style. In the old office my wife and the other counselors had offices as they saw clients regularly, usually teens and their parents as that was the group she was working with.

The new office was a 'fish bowl' design with the management sitting in offices with windows looking out onto the 'worker' class who now sat in an open office configuration with little to no privacy. They then had to 'book' rooms when they had clients. On top of that the management change was directing themselves to more a profit enterprise even though they were given government grants for the work they did. The 'team' building exercise was supposed to be the start of the 'new' company. They had a new bible to work with that was written by someone who could only be called a 'charlatan' when it came to 'caring' for others. A rich business woman who took advantage of the Australian government changes to become richer.

Yup. All too familiar. The never ending,tug of war between maximizing grant funds, mgmt looking at this from a for profit angle, and the direct care workers getting the squeeze.

It is kinda why I'm hopeful when I get to the policy making management level, I don't mind being a little bit of maverick to try to even things out a bit more and having the direct care worker perspective assist in my work. It is easier said than done, but that's my aim.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So my road trip to Switzerland is fully booked now. :) Should be fun. :) I get to add two more countries to my list I've visited. I think that makes about 25 or 26.... not sure.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So my road trip to Switzerland is fully booked now. :) Should be fun. :) I get to add two more countries to my list I've visited. I think that makes about 25 or 26.... not sure.

I can't think of something to write, even though I feel I should. It's late, I'm tired.

I just spent my lab a midnight visit, nobody was around ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire