Man, I remember a forum where a guy posted a thread "I have 5$, what can you offer me", in a contest section

A soul responded,

Let me see,
    -An old shoe
    -3 Chewing gums (1 still packed)
    -A sock

I wonder what kind of gifts you'd want?

LOL

P.S. - I saw this thread for real.
    I was thinking more like phone covers, accessories, gift certificates. You know, real prizes. All paid for by BP of course.. . :P LOL! Not going to happen.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-24-2013 10:57 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that supposedly 'quality' clothing isn't really quality. I'm so disappointed. It is true that you just pay for names. Sigh.
    09-24-2013 10:58 AM
    I was thinking more like phone covers, accessories, gift certificates. You know, real prizes. All paid for by BP of course.. . :P LOL! Not going to happen.
    BP would get angry and keep it for himself just out of spite :)
    N_LaRUE, BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-24-2013 11:05 AM
    Man, I'd like a Lumia 1020 as a prize, doesn't matter who pays for it but I'd be happy to grab one :D
    09-24-2013 11:10 AM
    It's just a thought considering how interesting it gets around milestones usually. It's almost like a lottery.
    09-24-2013 11:12 AM
    I do think a 1020 would be pushing it though. :P
    09-24-2013 11:13 AM
    Man, I'd like a Lumia 1020 as a prize, doesn't matter who pays for it but I'd be happy to grab one :D
    I'd probably sell it. I'm very happy with my 8X, I wouldn't want to carry around this huge thing with a design I think worked very well for the N9/Lumia 800 but has gotten so old.
    09-24-2013 11:14 AM
    I'd probably sell it. I'm very happy with my 8X, I wouldn't want to carry around this huge thing with a design I think worked very well for the N9/Lumia 800 but has gotten so old.
    N9, that bad bum is a beauty even today.
    Still wanting L1020.
    Chregu and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-24-2013 11:15 AM
    I wanted to write this in the "Today" thread, but I just feel more at home here.

Today I'll go to dance course for the first time. I don't really see me doing this, I hope I won't break my dancing partner's feet.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-24-2013 11:31 AM
    Aww I missed the 9k mark. Did anyone bring up the "it's over 9000!!" remark?
    09-24-2013 11:36 AM
    Aww I missed the 9k mark. Did anyone bring up the "it's over 9000!!" remark?
    You just did.
    09-24-2013 11:36 AM
    Alright. So many pages to go back through..
    09-24-2013 11:46 AM
    If I get a higher wage then no! :P
    09-24-2013 11:55 AM
    BP would get angry and keep it for himself just out of spite :)
    That true you wouldn't see your prize because it would my precious!!!

Or start getting my timing so that I win the prize for myself!
    09-24-2013 11:57 AM
    Man am feeling lonely...no sh*t
    09-24-2013 11:57 AM
    Man am feeling lonely...no sh*t
    1 is the loneliest number... :P
    09-24-2013 12:46 PM
    I fancy the SONY tap 11 however I cant afford expensive.
    09-24-2013 12:49 PM
    1 is the loneliest number... :P
    No it the only number! :P
    09-24-2013 01:15 PM
    Crazy ghost of awesomeness!!!
    09-24-2013 01:27 PM
    Okay day two report on this job:

Today was a lot better. One of the designers took time out of his schedule to talk me through part of the process, helping me know how to identify the information I need. He went through every new job I had to see to and helped me to figure out exactly what I needed to do. In the afternoon we had a 'weekly team meeting' where everyone that works in that room together gathered around in a circle and discussed different issues... it was interesting to see how different people from different disciplines work together and how they all need to combat corporate red tape in different ways.

If this job temping for a month will teach me anything, it's how these print/marketing/design departments run together and that can only be a good thing when I move onto a design job in future.

In other news: I'm tired!
    Chregu, BIGPADDY, N_LaRUE and 1 others like this.
    09-24-2013 01:41 PM

Today was a lot better. One of the designers took time out of his schedule to talk me through part of the process, helping me know how to identify the information I need. He went through every new job I had to see to and helped me to figure out exactly what I needed to do. In the afternoon we had a 'weekly team meeting' where everyone that works in that room together gathered around in a circle and discussed different issues... it was interesting to see how different people from different disciplines work together and how they all need to combat corporate red tape in different ways.

If this job temping for a month will teach me anything, it's how these print/marketing/design departments run together and that can only be a good thing when I move onto a design job in future.

Sound like it going well and it great that there taking time to discuss all the information and everything!
    Muessig likes this.
    09-24-2013 02:22 PM
    Found a great Thai restaurant closer to where we live. Awesome food, great service and good price. What more could you want?
    09-24-2013 02:54 PM

Sounds great! There's nothing better than learning on the job. I'm not a great lover of meetings unless they're done well. I have to attend a weekly one our discipline has and it's so boring. Oh well.
    09-24-2013 02:58 PM
    Her feet survived, but I am most certainly no graceful talent...
    09-24-2013 03:14 PM
    Her feet survived, but I am most certainly no graceful talent...
    I'm sure you did fine. :P
    09-24-2013 03:25 PM
144,458 ... 360361362363364 ...