my body is so ready for this band :D I just want it ;P
    Way too much information...
    10-30-2014 03:15 AM
    man msft has made me want lots of stuff .. like the 830, xbox one and now the fitness band :D!
    Yay for capitalism! :P
    10-30-2014 03:15 AM
    This is just a short burst of comments.

I'll leave you with my thoughts on the Band.

Looks neat. Sad about that battery life.

Looks like MS is collecting health data. Rather interesting they're getting into this health thing like Google is.

Pretty pathetic that it's released only in the US but not the least surprised. They're obviously hoping to attract Android and iOS buyers since they released apps for those platforms at the same time. As usual MS cares nothing about their largest markets outside the US.

What is interesting is the Cortana integration. I'm curious if they plan to bring that integration to Android and iOS and if the Band will be the first implementation of Cortana for those two platforms...

Anyway, as usual, boring day for WP fans outside the US. I might point out that I'm slightly annoyed that Motorola brought out a really nice phone for Verizon that I can't get either.

If things like this keep up I may have to get an Apple device as they appear to be the only device manufacturer that actually cares about anyone outside the US...

MS is making it harder and harder to stay motivated to like them.
    10-30-2014 03:22 AM
    Droid Turbo you say :) ? I might have some good news for you, since Droid Turbo international is supposed to be unveiled. I still wouldn't be able to get this one either :(. Motorola only sells in UK and Germany, considering Europe. But we do have service here for Motorola so I will check at them if they would repair phones bought in Europe under warranty.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-30-2014 07:11 AM
    Aren't you a lucky American... :P
    ;) you see cuse we Mercian and we like cusin :p
    Sorry couldn't help talking like that :p
    10-30-2014 07:37 AM
    Way too much information...
    Nothing out of the ordinary with me though :o
    10-30-2014 07:38 AM
    Yay for capitalism! :P
    Boo that I can't spend it on this . I have to save money for my trip to Utah :)
    10-30-2014 07:39 AM
    This is just a short burst of comments.

I'll leave you with my thoughts on the Band.

Looks neat. Sad about that battery life.

Looks like MS is collecting health data. Rather interesting they're getting into this health thing like Google is.

Pretty pathetic that it's released only in the US but not the least surprised. They're obviously hoping to attract Android and iOS buyers since they released apps for those platforms at the same time. As usual MS cares nothing about their largest markets outside the US.

What is interesting is the Cortana integration. I'm curious if they plan to bring that integration to Android and iOS and if the Band will be the first implementation of Cortana for those two platforms...

Anyway, as usual, boring day for WP fans outside the US. I might point out that I'm slightly annoyed that Motorola brought out a really nice phone for Verizon that I can't get either.

If things like this keep up I may have to get an Apple device as they appear to be the only device manufacturer that actually cares about anyone outside the US...

MS is making it harder and harder to stay motivated to like them.
    The only thing that I question is how difficult can it be to have a world wide release ? I think it's pretty hard . Also say they did have a world wide release would you honestly buy it ?
    10-30-2014 07:42 AM
    Man it would be nice to get Mia's opinion on the band :/
    10-30-2014 07:44 AM
    The only thing that I question is how difficult can it be to have a world wide release ? I think it's pretty hard . Also say they did have a world wide release would you honestly buy it ?
    It's not about just me world wide. It's about everyone else. You miss the point. WP has the lowest take up percentage wise in the US. So it get frustrating for everyone else in the world when there's no MS store, there's no Bing Rewards, there's no Coratana, there's no Band.

It's always, US only. US only, US only. Get it?

As for your question of world wide release... Apple does it... Questions?
    a5cent likes this.
    10-30-2014 08:20 AM
    Droid Turbo you say :) ? I might have some good news for you, since Droid Turbo international is supposed to be unveiled. I still wouldn't be able to get this one either :(. Motorola only sells in UK and Germany, considering Europe. But we do have service here for Motorola so I will check at them if they would repair phones bought in Europe under warranty.
    I'll wait for the announcement and see what the reviews have to say. From overall specs and looks it's pretty much what I've been after. I want to see what the camera is like first though.
    10-30-2014 08:25 AM
    It's not about just me world wide. It's about everyone else. You miss the point. WP has the lowest take up percentage wise in the US. So it get frustrating for everyone else in the world when there's no MS store, there's no Bing Rewards, there's no Coratana, there's no Band.

It's always, US only. US only, US only. Get it?

As for your question of world wide release... Apple does it... Questions?

I like to think they do it to test out how well it sells here in the us.
    And as for Apple , they aren't apple where people line up for hours. So apple has more confidence that their watch will sell, while msft doesn't have that kind of followers so they are probably cautious in this launch .
    That's my thoughts
    10-30-2014 08:43 AM
    I like to think they do it to test out how well it sells here in the us.
    And as for Apple , they aren't apple where people line up for hours. So apple has more confidence that their watch will sell, while msft doesn't have that kind of followers so they are probably cautious in this launch .
    That's my thoughts
    Here's my thoughts as a consumer. If you lack confidence in what you make why should I buy it?

If they're going to do the whole meek thing than that's not good business practice. I want a device I can have confidence in and I want to know it will work and that you believe it's the best device going.

As for their not being Apple, that means nothing, lots of other OEMs are not Apple. They're either an international company selling international products and services or they're not. They should make up their mind. If they want to pander to the US, fine but you got to make concessions to your larger market outside of the US otherwise you'll start losing them. They don't seem to care though.
    10-30-2014 08:49 AM
    Here's my thoughts as a consumer. If you lack confidence in what you make why should I buy it?

If they're going to do the whole meek thing than that's not good business practice. I want a device I can have confidence in and I want to know it will work and that you believe it's the best device going.

As for their not being Apple, that means nothing, lots of other OEMs are not Apple. They're either an international company selling international products and services or they're not. They should make up their mind. If they want to pander to the US, fine but you got to make concessions to your larger market outside of the US otherwise you'll start losing them. They don't seem to care though.

Keep in mind they just started to sell them in stores ( MSFT stores) they didn't a big announcement so I doubt alot of people know about it. That's why I think they are taking the us approach and later expand . That ones who already bought a smartband already have one but the ones who don't and are in the market for one have more options . It might not be the right move for MSFT but it might be the best.
    10-30-2014 09:19 AM
    To be honest I'm not sure what MSFT has to do to get a world wide release .
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    10-30-2014 09:22 AM
    Keep in mind they just started to sell them in stores ( MSFT stores) they didn't a big announcement so I doubt alot of people know about it. That's why I think they are taking the us approach and later expand . That ones who already bought a smartband already have one but the ones who don't and are in the market for one have more options . It might not be the right move for MSFT but it might be the best.
    Stop being defensive and read what I wrote.

MS is not some small time operator. They're a huge international multi billion dollar organization. If you were talking about a small organization I would agree with you but we're not. You don't seem to get that tech news goes world wide. BBC had this thing in their tech news today. This site alone is international and word spreads.

When most other markets (excluding China) are your biggest customers and you keep shrugging your shoulders at them and say, well you're not in the US, what kind of message does that send them? The UK has over 10% WP.

Aside from their phones and DP access to Cortana, we have nothing of significance to draw up to WP or MS. Keep in mind that both Google and Apple have tonnes of support for their products from every manufacturer. MS has to fight to gain market share. I know that they released this device to work with iOS and Android, they're hoping to get interest from there. But there's a whole market in the EU that wants this device. Who are already MS followers and have been waiting for a device like this.

It's not good publicity for them and it just angers customers they have already upset with slow updates and lack lustre hardware. Add in lack of services in many countries outside the US and you wonder why WP people seem to get tired with MS.

Are you getting my point yet?
    Toan Le likes this.
    10-30-2014 09:42 AM
    To be honest I'm not sure what MSFT has to do to get a world wide release .
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    Spend some fking money... that's how.
    10-30-2014 09:42 AM
    I wanted a 4.7 inch smart watch. I guess I'll just have to make my own now.
    10-30-2014 10:41 AM
    I guess what I really want is a smart arm brace.
    10-30-2014 10:45 AM
    So today was a bit normal day for me, because I didn't hear that "meow" today.
    Sent from whichever device I happen to be using today.
    10-30-2014 11:24 AM
    I haven't read the previous posts today, I would read it & reply tomorrow. I think its that MS band talk & all. Anyways I'm done for today. Gud nyt
    10-30-2014 11:25 AM
    So today was a bit normal day for me, because I didn't hear that "meow" today.
    Got a TT?
    10-30-2014 11:26 AM
    I haven't read the previous posts today, I would read it & reply tomorrow. I think its that MS band talk & all. Anyways I'm done for today. Gud nyt
    Who's talking about MS Band? It's so boring! <.<
    10-30-2014 11:31 AM
    Who's talking about MS Band? It's so boring! <.<
    Rue and Sahib (and me, but not so much).Not so much about the band but about why this thing is not available world wide and why is that super stupid. Other than that I think it's genuinly a good product.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-30-2014 11:54 AM
    Rue and Sahib (and me, but not so much).Not so much about the band but about why this thing is not available world wide and why is that super stupid. Other than that I think it's genuinly a good product.
    I like fancy analog wristwatch much more than any fitness bands or smart watches.
    10-30-2014 11:59 AM
143,631 ... 36283629363036313632 ...