Rue and Sahib (and me, but not so much).Not so much about the band but about why this thing is not available world wide and why is that super stupid. Other than that I think it's genuinly a good product.
    There's a tweet by Joe saying that they're 'testing' it in the US. Like Cortana... still makes little sense to me. All these 'beta' products from MS are getting on my nerves. :/

Anyway, chances are I won't bother with WP soon anyway so it won't matter.

By the way, I agree with you with regards to Nokia. It would be cool if they tried again with smartphones. No idea how that would go but if they did it right they could do very well. As long as they don't try to be the old Nokia.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:01 PM
    By the way, I agree with you with regards to Nokia. It would be cool if they tried again with smartphones. No idea how that would go but if they did it right they could do very well. As long as they don't try to be the old Nokia.
    Don't you think the phones made by MS and Nokia shall have similar designs? Those polycarb ones.
    10-30-2014 01:13 PM
    Don't you think the phones made by MS and Nokia shall have similar designs? Those polycarb ones.
    Why is that? They are not connected any more.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:19 PM
    There's a tweet by Joe saying that they're 'testing' it in the US. Like Cortana... still makes little sense to me. All these 'beta' products from MS are getting on my nerves. :/

Anyway, chances are I won't bother with WP soon anyway so it won't matter.

Well that's something new, beta testing of HW. I can only laugh at this. If it's not good enough for worldwide market than it's not good enough for anyone.
    Considering Nokia I would be happy to see them partner with Jolla producing Sailfish phones for geeks and Androids for masses. It could work.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:23 PM
    Why is that? They are not connected any more.
    If not then one of them will opt for new designs. But both may continue with their bright colours.
    Lumia 830 and 930-like designs shall not do well for a long period.
    But the boxy phones look so good to me! :) Highly rounded phones like 530 and 1320 don't do well with moderness. (All according to me)
    10-30-2014 01:24 PM
    Well that's something new, beta testing of HW. I can only laugh at this. If it's not good enough for worldwide market than it's not good enough for anyone.
    Considering Nokia I would be happy to see them partner with Jolla producing Sailfish phones for geeks and Androids for masses. It could work.
    Yups. Android from Nokia would be great. But only if they don't make another Nokia X-like mistake. The phones are rubbish. *eck* Many of my friends who have bought one of the Nokia X phones have installed other launchers. So, it would be great if Nokia uses the primary/default Android launcher or Z launcher with more functionalities.

Or Nokia might continue with it's abandoned Symbian or Meego. Nokia series phones with greater functionality and security might become a hit again ;)
    10-30-2014 01:28 PM
    This seems so similar to one other company...

http://www.androidauthority.com/sony...e-boss-545106/

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk
    10-30-2014 01:40 PM
    Yups. Android from Nokia would be great. But only if they don't make another Nokia X-like mistake. The phones are rubbish. *eck* Many of my friends who have bought one of the Nokia X phones have installed other launchers. So, it would be great if Nokia uses the primary/default Android launcher or Z launcher with more functionalities.

Or Nokia might continue with it's abandoned Symbian or Meego. Nokia series phones with greater functionality and security might become a hit again ;)

They won't go with Symbian again, it's dead with no apps. Meego is in fact predcessor of Sailfish ;)

N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-30-2014 01:44 PM
    They won't go with Symbian again, it's dead with no apps. Meego is in fact predcessor of Sailfish ;)

Do you like Sailfish? BB is better.
    However, both of them support Android apps and use that "Android apps compatible" tag for advertising.
    10-30-2014 02:03 PM
    BTW, how much did NASA lose due to rocket explosion? Feeling terribly bad for it! :-|
    10-30-2014 02:09 PM

i really doubt nokia will survive the second time around. i honestly dont think it will go far if it cant gain traction in the us
    10-30-2014 02:16 PM
    not beta testing the HW but how its received. look if doesnt go well in the US then what makes you so sure it will do well outside the US. think about it they failed with the zune and just making money off the surface. they are trying to see if they can compete.
    10-30-2014 02:24 PM
    i really doubt nokia will survive the second time around. i honestly dont think it will go far if it cant gain traction in the us
    Who cares if Nokia does well in the US???
    10-30-2014 02:27 PM
    not beta testing the HW but how its received. look if doesnt go well in the US then what makes you so sure it will do well outside the US. think about it they failed with the zune and just making money off the surface. they are trying to see if they can compete.
    It's still beta testing. What else would you call it? That's what Joe called it, 'testing' so why not call it what it is?

Again, I point out confidence or lack thereof. If they're that worried why bother with the product at all?
    10-30-2014 02:29 PM
    It's still beta testing. What else would you call it? That's what Joe called it, 'testing' so why not call it what it is?

Again, I point out confidence or lack thereof. If they're that worried why bother with the product at all?
    its good enough to be sold so i wouldn't call it beta personally.
    they either get into the game or get left behind . if they didnt dive into the fitness band then people would complain that why msft took so long to get into the game just like wp .
    10-30-2014 02:43 PM
    Who cares if Nokia does well in the US???
    True, if it succeeds in Europe and big part of Asia they are good. Big growth in coming years will be in Asia. And Europe is the most important market for Nokia, if there wasn't Nokia name on phones in Europe WP would never get 10% here.
    10-30-2014 03:05 PM
    so much candy x.x but i cant stop eating it ......
    so my photoshop professor brought a huge bowl of candy( really big) and he says gets as much as you want .... and knowing myself i like candy i cant stop D: but its sooooooo good :3
    10-30-2014 03:07 PM
    True, if it succeeds in Europe and big part of Asia they are good. Big growth in coming years will be in Asia. And Europe is the most important market for Nokia, if there wasn't Nokia name on phones in Europe WP would never get 10% here.
    last time i checked most of the high profile app makers are from the US . sure let them ignore the us
    i really dont see them making it, not even Samsung can get tizen off the ground , amazon couldn't do it , msft can barely get 4%. all of a sudden nokia can make it on their own? yeah right. good luck with them in the cut throat market
    10-30-2014 03:11 PM
    last time i checked most of the high profile app makers are from the US . sure let them ignore the us
    i really dont see them making it, not even Samsung can get tizen off the ground , amazon couldn't do it , msft can barely get 4%. all of a sudden nokia can make it on their own? yeah right
    They do it on their own now because they were partners with whom during most successful 10-15 years?
    10-30-2014 03:15 PM
    They do it on their own now because they were partners with whom during most successful 10-15 years?
    im going to be realistic here nokia is going to have a difficult time. that's reality and if you think they aren't go look at HTC and how they are getting by.
    10-30-2014 03:44 PM
    its good enough to be sold so i wouldn't call it beta personally.
    they either get into the game or get left behind . if they didnt dive into the fitness band then people would complain that why msft took so long to get into the game just like wp .
    If its good enough to be sold why 'test' it in one market?

Why not make it available everywhere. No one has answered this question yet. All I get is excuses and meaningless babble about MS this and MS that.

Yeah I've lost confidence in them. Maybe I need to take a break from WP and come back when they care about the rest of the world.... If that happens.
    10-30-2014 05:08 PM
    im going to be realistic here nokia is going to have a difficult time. that's reality and if you think they aren't go look at HTC and how they are getting by.
    Ok anyway, we will see what happens with Nokia.
    Let's get back to the MS Band for a moment. As far as I'm considered I would more happily buy MS Band than any WP at the moment. I find it useful and most importantly, I can buy whatever phone I want later. WP isn't there just yet where I would be going full into it.
    10-30-2014 05:09 PM
    Nokia doesn't have just one business. That's what you're missing. You're also looking from a US perspective, a place that forgot Nokia even existed.

If they do decide to try again they need to do it right and not be like the old Nokia. No one is expecting them to be Samsung or Apple but they could produce good phones that people will buy.

Whether it happens or not is up to them but if they make something good people will buy it. Simply because it's Nokia.
    10-30-2014 05:13 PM
    If its good enough to be sold why 'test' it in one market?

Why not make it available everywhere. No one has answered this question yet. All I get is excuses and meaningless babble about MS this and MS that.

Yeah I've lost confidence in them. Maybe I need to take a break from WP and come back when they care about the rest of the world.... If that happens.

I'm guessing and what some people are leaning is that they don't want the whole Zune fiasco again.

I'm asking that myself but there must be a corporate reason for them to not have it world wide maybe its country laws who knows . I'm sure MSFT would of loved to have it to everyone.

you already have MSFT services on android so you won't be missing alot :p
    10-30-2014 05:58 PM
    Ok anyway, we will see what happens with Nokia.
    Let's get back to the MS Band for a moment. As far as I'm considered I would more happily buy MS Band than any WP at the moment. I find it useful and most importantly, I can buy whatever phone I want later. WP isn't there just yet where I would be going full into it.

That's a good thing for MSFT to have it cross platform . I wish more companies do that. Unlike apple and Samsung .
    10-30-2014 06:00 PM
145,248 ... 36293630363136323633 ...