try out the camera :D!
    I want a Windows phone with LTE, that's the only thing going for it. I've tried the camera when I was in Singapore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-04-2014 01:55 AM
    more ram is good don't get more wrong, but I don't think wp lets no more than 6 programs in the background when they are suspended. that's why I think a more optimized os is needed to take advantage of the more ram

the only thing I can think of is some smartphones don't have high end specs and considered high end models. I honestly don't think consumers know about specs its only what they are pushed to buy. I think it comes to down "us" who know about phones that give opinions "to our not so knowledgeable peers" to what to buy. if it wasn't for the spec hungry crowd we wouldn't have the cell tech we have. that's why I don't think its what the market want but what we want.

well low end wp run better than low end android but that's just about it . high end androids run as smooth as high end wp
    You're talking about Windows Phone 7, and 8, to a certain extent, not 8.1.
    N_LaRUE and Dawn_N_Dusk like this.
    11-04-2014 02:22 AM
    What I don't like, but somehow like, about the x30 lineup is that these phones are just placed too close to each other.

The 730 will cannibalize sales of the 830, the 830 is a far better deal than the 930, the 930 just sucks for an upgrade from the 92x line.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:25 AM
    By the way, expect a big bomb of a thread from me tonight. Avatar related.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-04-2014 02:25 AM
    more ram is good don't get more wrong, but I don't think wp lets no more than 6 programs in the background when they are suspended. that's why I think a more optimized os is needed to take advantage of the more ram

the only thing I can think of is some smartphones don't have high end specs and considered high end models. I honestly don't think consumers know about specs its only what they are pushed to buy. I think it comes to down "us" who know about phones that give opinions "to our not so knowledgeable peers" to what to buy. if it wasn't for the spec hungry crowd we wouldn't have the cell tech we have. that's why I don't think its what the market want but what we want.

well low end wp run better than low end android but that's just about it . high end androids run as smooth as high end wp
    I'm going to put a quote here.

640 K ought to be enough for anybody - Bill Gates
    Now that quote is attributed to him but he never said it and was probably misquoted. However, it does signify my feelings in regards to people's comments on hardware when discussing WP and smartphones.

Here's a typical argument I hear over and over again when it comes to WP.

Person - Why are WP so expensive and low spec'd?
    WPFanboy - You don't need high specs to run WP, It's not necessary.
    Person - But then why is the x30 device so expensive?
    WPFanboy - The x30 device is priced perfectly for the market
    Person - But the specs are so low, xxx Android has way better specs but cost xxx less!
    WPFanboy - Yeah but xxx Android needs those specs to run smooth. WP runs great on any spec!
    Person - But that doesn't justify the price...
    WPFanboy - The camera on any x30 device beats anything on Android.

That's generally the argument. I hear it over and over again. I'm a little tired of it to be honest. Lots of people missing the point.

More RAM is more about apps and efficiency of the system rather than just the OS. Having more RAM is better for any system, doesn't matter if it's 'required' or not.

Specs are important and you can say it's the people who understand specs (which a lot of people claim they do but really don't) which drives the market but the simple reality is if you want to do more and do it efficiently then you need the specs to do it. It's really that simple.

WP is getting more complex with the OS and apps. It will need more RAM.
    11-04-2014 03:26 AM
    See I don't know why people complain about its camera, I know its not great, but its quite satisfactory for me.
    yups, it is good indeed.
    11-04-2014 05:21 AM
    The 830 is finally here, but I no longer have the hunger for it. I need inspiration. Ha ha ha
    did you get it's flip shell? the phone looks quite handsome with it ;)
    my friends like it's camera more than i do.
    11-04-2014 05:26 AM
    WP is getting more complex with the OS and apps. It will need more RAM.
    only until windows 10 is released on all kinds of devices. it's complexity will no more exist :)
    11-04-2014 06:17 AM
    did you get it's flip shell? the phone looks quite handsome with it ;)
    my friends like it's camera more than i do.
    Have not made a decision to get it. I need more reason.

11-04-2014 06:18 AM

no more reasons here. i liked it's design and some specs and the denim, so bought it. it's my first wp, by the way :)
    11-04-2014 06:22 AM
    no more reasons here. i liked it's design and some specs and the denim, so bought it. it's my first wp, by the way :)
    I like it better than the 930. Congratulations by the way.

11-04-2014 06:26 AM
    only until windows 10 is released on all kinds of devices. it's complexity will no more exist :)
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. If anything complexity will increase with cross platform not decrease.
    11-04-2014 06:43 AM

I'd try to give you more reasons but I can't think of any...
    11-04-2014 06:44 AM
    So there is this girl who was waiting for a ride home and I just came back with my food and drink. I was waiting for the bus. I seen her around at school and sometimes on the bus. I never had the courage to talk to her but I did now. I knew she had the 810. So what I did was do what I would do. And say " yes I made it back on time" and she heard me and said "ha the bus never gets here on time for me" knowing she would pull out her phone I asked her " its because of you " and she said " nooooo its because you got here late" then she pulled out her 810 and showed me the time. There I asked her " so what do you think of your 810" she loves it . She likes square brick phones. I showed her my 830 and wants one
    Then the bus came and she said " bye enjoy your late bus ride" I said enjoy your waiting outside

Yup that's how it went and no I didn't ask for her number if Mia is going to ask
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    Good move. You'll get her number next time. Cannot always ask for it the first go around.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-04-2014 06:47 AM
    I forgot to change my avatar, whew. Now, I can make that thread I was talking about.
    11-04-2014 07:33 AM
    I forgot to change my avatar, whew. Now, I can make that thread I was talking about.
    What exactly is the guy doing? Dancing or leaning against a wall?
    11-04-2014 07:54 AM
    leaning and talking simultaneously, surely.
    11-04-2014 08:10 AM
    Explaining something whilst doing an arbitrarily weird pose.

EDIT: crap, thought about another scene. All I remember is that he's talking, lel.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-04-2014 08:14 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean by that. If anything complexity will increase with cross platform not decrease.
    o_o!! really? I was thinking it'll be good enough to tackle the problems wp have been facing till now :/ fine. at least there will more apps for my windows 8.1 :)
    11-04-2014 08:20 AM
    Explaining something whilst doing an arbitrarily weird pose.

EDIT: crap, thought about another scene. All I remember is that he's talking, lel.
    Arbitrary weird pose is correct. :P
    11-04-2014 08:25 AM
    o_o!! really? I was thinking it'll be good enough to tackle the problems wp have been facing till now :/ fine. at least there will more apps for my windows 8.1 :)
    Well it's my opinion only. I have no idea what it's going to mean in general but just thinking of the scaling needed to translate an app from Windows to phone and still make it usable and easy to use will be interesting. I just wonder what this will do for size of apps and so on. I haven't played with W10 or seen any of the videos on it but then they didn't really touch on the cross platform thing.

Still, overall, having more RAM available and a good CPU and space will be a good thing for any phone.
    11-04-2014 08:33 AM
    Well it's my opinion only. I have no idea what it's going to mean in general but just thinking of the scaling needed to translate an app from Windows to phone and still make it usable and easy to use will be interesting. I just wonder what this will do for size of apps and so on. I haven't played with W10 or seen any of the videos on it but then they didn't really touch on the cross platform thing.

Still, overall, having more RAM available and a good CPU and space will be a good thing for any phone.
    I agree about having better things for all three. 8GB/512MB isn't acceptable today, and considering that WP devs often suck at optimization, a Q400 isn't enough anymore.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-04-2014 08:37 AM
    You're talking about Windows Phone 7, and 8, to a certain extent, not 8.1.
    Why is that o.o ? I can only have 6 programs in the background before one is kicked out . Unless I'm missing the point here
    11-04-2014 08:41 AM
    Maybe I'm not into the whole specs thing like other people . I don't think ill get there
    11-04-2014 10:06 AM
    But I think there has to a flagship from MSFT soon . I do think the 830 is how mid range phones should be , carry some stuff from high end models , and low end well low end stuff like what we see from the 6xx and down.
    I guess MSFT should go crazy with specs next high end phone ;)
    11-04-2014 10:23 AM
145,721 ... 36353636363736383639 ...