But I think there has to a flagship from MSFT soon . I do think the 830 is how mid range phones should be , carry some stuff from high end models , and low end well low end stuff like what we see from the 6xx and down.
    I guess MSFT should go crazy with specs next high end phone ;)
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    You and everyone else looking for a real replacement for the L920.

It appears however their first release as MS is going to be mid range however...
    11-04-2014 09:43 AM
    You and everyone else looking for a real replacement for the L920.

It appears however their first release as MS is going to be mid range however...

I'm guessing they(msft) are hoping the 830 will be a good stop gap to appease some consumers for the lack of new wp in the market .

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    11-04-2014 10:03 AM
    I'm guessing they(msft) are hoping the 830 will be a good stop gap to appease some consumers for the lack of new wp in the market .

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    Not sure who they're appeasing. There seems to be this idea that the L930 is good enough and the L830 is for those who don't want a L930. Not sure I get the logic as myself.

L930 seems to be liked by some, mostly for the design. I don't see anything great about it other than that. The hardware is OK but that's about it.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-04-2014 10:08 AM
    Maybe I'm not into the whole specs thing like other people . I don't think ill get there
    The problem with specs is that most people don't know what's good specs and what's bad specs. That is the main issue.

Some people like flashy specs, that's not what I want, new is nice but not always best. I want 100% grunt, nothing else is really necessary aside from a good camera. I'm quite happy with a HD screen and HD video recording. Good battery is my number one priority now.

Except for the L1520 there's nothing else with a good battery from WP currently. It's too big for my purposes. Though some people can get good life out of their phones somehow.

If MS or some other OEM can produce something that ticks the boxes I'll stick with WP as it mostly suits my needs. Currently there's nothing.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-04-2014 10:55 AM
    Not sure who they're appeasing. There seems to be this idea that the L930 is good enough and the L830 is for those who don't want a L930. Not sure I get the logic as myself.

L930 seems to be liked by some, mostly for the design. I don't see anything great about it other than that. The hardware is OK but that's about it.

i think it is :P I'm not interested in the 930 but the 830 was on my radar and fits the bill :)
    though the 930 would be perfect if it had an SD card slot and a SD805
    11-04-2014 11:06 AM
    i think it is :P I'm not interested in the 930 but the 830 was on my radar and fits the bill :)
    though the 930 would be perfect if it had an SD card slot and a SD805
    Now you have had the 830 for a while, what are your pros and cons?
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-04-2014 11:50 AM
    Now you have had the 830 for a while, what are your pros and cons?
    hmmm if i had to say the pros is that the 720p screen looks awesome on my 5in phone. the battety life is just like my 810( lasts me all day doing the same things and more)
    - build quality is very good and it feels like its uni body with no creaks or bends.
    - the camera is better than my 810s camera and is fast at taking pictures with it ( i bet due to denim )

cons
    the screen isnt as bright as my 810
    i think amoled looks better than LCD on this phone
    the camera button and power button don't feel as tactile as my 810
    whites aren't white compared to my sisters 1520.
    11-04-2014 01:29 PM
    the only thing i would do to make the 830 the best phone for me is change the LCD to amoled , raise the power button more.
    11-04-2014 01:30 PM
    the only thing i would do to make the 830 the best phone for me is change the LCD to amoled , raise the power button more.
    You actually raise a really good point here. Whenever I've looked at the 830 in the shops I really didn't like the change in the side buttons to be plastic and the same colour as the rest of the phone. On my 920 Nokia had the buttons be more tactile and a different colour to the rest of the phone. I didn't get the same confidence in pressing them on the new phones.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-04-2014 01:49 PM
    You actually raise a really good point here. Whenever I've looked at the 830 in the shops I really didn't like the change in the side buttons to be plastic and the same colour as the rest of the phone. On my 920 Nokia had the buttons be more tactile and a different colour to the rest of the phone. I didn't get the same confidence in pressing them on the new phones.
    the moment i pressed the power and camera button on my 830 i knew they were a little off. i got used to it but im not a fan of how flush they are with the phone. makes me think that the buttons might get stuck one day
    11-04-2014 01:53 PM
    heheheh looks like todays topic with my teacher and a student is the surface pro 3 ;)... hehehe good stuff :D
    they are also saying how awesome it would be to have them here at school
    11-04-2014 02:59 PM
    So philosophy is done, history on the plan for tomorrow.
    And one interesting thing, the list of 100 richest Slovenians was published today. And the richest are founders of Outfit7(husband and wife), the creators of Talking Tom :). They were on the right place at the right time :)
    11-04-2014 03:34 PM
    So philosophy is done, history on the plan for tomorrow.
    And one interesting thing, the list of 100 richest Slovenians was published today. And the richest are founders of Outfit7(husband and wife), the creators of Talking Tom :). They were on the right place at the right time :)
    i like history :3
    11-04-2014 03:42 PM
    I like it too I just didn't have much time to learn because of philosophy, and the topic isn't the most interesting either (mid 19th century in Europe).
    11-04-2014 03:45 PM
    I like it too I just didn't have much time to learn because of philosophy, and the topic isn't the most interesting either (mid 19th century in Europe).

When I think of the 19th century I think of the medieval times :P
    11-04-2014 05:07 PM
    Looks like the days are getting shorter and it's already afternoon here in Cali
    11-04-2014 06:40 PM
    When I think of the 19th century I think of the medieval times :P
    Mediaeval times or Middle ages was 5th to 15th, but I'm sure you knew that.
    11-04-2014 11:57 PM
    Looks like the days are getting shorter and it's already afternoon here in Cali
    It's dark here at 5 pm now. Sunrise is just before 7 am. So it's dark right now.
    11-04-2014 11:59 PM
    I like history too but most of it that is taught in school is not very good. More often than not our heroes are made one dimensional and their flaws are often hidden.
    11-05-2014 12:03 AM
    Mediaeval times or Middle ages was 5th to 15th, but I'm sure you knew that.
    .... or im just a little off ._. .... ops ....awkward
    11-05-2014 12:12 AM
    It's dark here at 5 pm now. Sunrise is just before 7 am. So it's dark right now.
    you already had day light savings ?
    11-05-2014 12:13 AM
    you already had day light savings ?
    Yep. Were back on standard time now. Daylight savings is when you go an hour ahead. :)
    11-05-2014 12:14 AM
    I like history too but most of it that is taught in school is not very good. More often than not our heroes are made one dimensional and their flaws are often hidden.
    both my world history and US history said that the ones that make up history are the victors/ changed the world.
    11-05-2014 12:15 AM
    Yep. Were back on standard time now. Daylight savings is when you go an hour ahead. :)
    wait so fall back is the correct time but spring forward isn't o.o? thanks for the calcification :P
    11-05-2014 12:17 AM
    .... or im just a little off ._. .... ops ....awkward
    Mid 19th century or the 1800s the beginning of the industrial revolution.
    11-05-2014 12:18 AM
142,851 ... 36363637363836393640 ...