Well we already had a woman, not that we shouldn't have another. I think if we did get someone that wasn't a white person it might help make people realise that the UK is multicultural.

This has to happen in Canada and Australia as well.

Neither Canada not the US have had a woman leader.

Then again. I really hate politics as it's crap regardless which crap party you put in. There's been zero progress since the conservative 80s. If anything I'd like to have a referendum on politics itself but then too large of a population wouldn't know what we were having a referendum on.

That's really the issue with the world. Too many people are clueless and are more concerned with living their lives than to care about a bunch of pompous jerks in office. So they keep getting elected by a minority of voters.
    like the US congress.... they are to busy blocking each others agendas than talking it over :/
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:13 AM
    I didn't know it was called the unicorn...

I didn't realise they took landscape mode off the WC app... hehehe... toilet humour....

Well the 1520 is a bit long in the tooth now. I thought glance had different settings for brightness.
    nah glace is dim on the newer wp phones its kinda useless to use it in day light.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:14 AM
    Here's my screenshot, which is a picture shot last Christmas at the end of grandmother's funeral on my white 920 now owned by my dad.

I use this as my Windows ID picture.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    lol i just noticed that you calendar had a smiley face XD .... which is kinda creepy since you aren't the most....... smiley person here;) ( i tease)
    11-07-2014 12:15 AM
    Well we already had a woman, not that we shouldn't have another. I think if we did get someone that wasn't a white person it might help make people realise that the UK is multicultural.

This has to happen in Canada and Australia as well.

Neither Canada not the US have had a woman leader.

Then again. I really hate politics as it's crap regardless which crap party you put in. There's been zero progress since the conservative 80s. If anything I'd like to have a referendum on politics itself but then too large of a population wouldn't know what we were having a referendum on.

That's really the issue with the world. Too many people are clueless and are more concerned with living their lives than to care about a bunch of pompous jerks in office. So they keep getting elected by a minority of voters.
    It really should boils down to leadership skills and effectiveness, not merely striving for diversity. Here in the US, history will have a mixed view on Obama...came in like a lion, may end up leaving like a lamb. It would have been tough for a phone to succeed under the terms Obama came in...didn't help he didn't put his foot down firmly in some ways, did court the rich business leaders well enough and that some members of Congress were elected and wasted their time opposing him blindly than helping to move the country forward.

sahib lopez likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:15 AM
    lol i just noticed that you calendar had a smiley face XD .... which is kinda creepy since you aren't the most....... smiley person here;) ( i tease)
    That's simple calendar app, that's why. Yes, you're right...in real like in don't like to smile a lot. The GF is trying to work on me with that...

sahib lopez likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:17 AM
    that's the only complaint i have after asking my sister to let me borrow it for a day. the only thing that i dislike is how faint glance is on LCD panels. you see it better with amoled screens
    Well said. I'm almost better off with the 930, really.

sahib lopez likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:18 AM
    I didn't know it was called the unicorn...

I didn't realise they took landscape mode off the WC app... hehehe... toilet humour....

Well the 1520 is a bit long in the tooth now. I thought glance had different settings for brightness.
    Yup. That's because it has the AWS LTE bands for T-Mobile and the regular LTE bands for AT&T. So I have 3 AWS LTE supported models...the unicorn, the Princess and a OPO.

While people talk about the chip set jump from the 801 to the 805 being minor, the jump from the 800 in both the Z Ultra and 1520 to the 801 in the OPO is serious. I don't feel any warming with yard use on the OPO as I feel with the Z Ultra and so far with the 1520. Yes, it is older tach but MSFT outside the limited release W8 has been rocking older chip sets since 8.0 was launched.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:22 AM
    It really should boils down to leadership skills and effectiveness, not merely striving for diversity. Here in the US, history will have a mixed view on Obama...came in like a lion, may end up leaving like a lamb. It would have been tough for a phone to succeed under the terms Obama came in...didn't help he didn't put his foot down firmly in some ways, did court the rich business leaders well enough and that some members of Congress were elected and wasted their time opposing him blindly than helping to move the country forward.

It's early morning. I want trying to imply to have diversity for diversity sake. I just think there are a lot of issues around diversity here, Canada, US and Australia and I'm sure other countries as well.

I feel sorry for Obama and the circumstances he got elected in and then never having a chance to do anything because the other party was more interested in the blame game than doing anything useful. I feel for the US. I really do. The next 10 years could really suck.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-07-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    11-07-2014 12:24 AM
    That's simple calendar app, that's why. Yes, you're right...in real like in don't like to smile a lot. The GF is trying to work on me with that...

I have the same problem. Doesn't help that as you get older your face sags as well. :\
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-07-2014 12:25 AM

good stuff... a gf that helps you out :) that alone would make me smile :p..... i hope it works out with the smile thing
    11-07-2014 12:36 AM
    Well said. I'm almost better off with the 930, really.

i honestly would of gone with the 930 if i knew 3 things 1) the glance on the 830 wasn't as good as my 810 2) if i knew msft was coming out with a smart band 3) if the 930 had T-Mobile LTE bands
    the only time i find glance is useful is at night because its dimmer and dimmer the better. the glance on my 810 was bright
    11-07-2014 12:39 AM
    Its coming 11 11 2014, follow the link:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/...see-morelumia/
    11-07-2014 01:07 AM
    Its coming 11 11 2014, follow the link:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2014/...see-morelumia/
    Yay another mid range phone. Just what we needed.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-07-2014 01:13 AM
    i think its a low end... im leaning towards that
    11-07-2014 01:17 AM
    i think its a low end... im leaning towards that
    Does it really matter? It's not what is needed. There are enough phones in that area.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-07-2014 01:36 AM
    So unless MS surprises us with some unknown flagship phone that they managed to keep secret I'd say next weeks announcement is going to be quite disappointing for many people.

Of course, announcing and having it for sale are two different things.

Oh, oh!!! US only... :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-07-2014 05:05 AM
    i honestly would of gone with the 930 if i knew 3 things 1) the glance on the 830 wasn't as good as my 810 2) if i knew msft was coming out with a smart band 3) if the 930 had T-Mobile LTE bands
    the only time i find glance is useful is at night because its dimmer and dimmer the better. the glance on my 810 was bright
    The battery on the 930 is small. I'm told that once you start to push it you can get Nexus 5 like performance - not good. If the 1520 ran a little warm on my last night and all I was doing was Xbox Music + IE via WiFi, the 930 might singe me at that rate. I was hopeful that they'd do a unicorn version of the 930 but I guess it would clash with the Icon and they were putting it in less markets than the 830.

sahib lopez likes this.
    11-07-2014 05:44 AM
    The battery on the 930 is small. I'm told that once you start to push it you can get Nexus 5 like performance - not good. If the 1520 ran a little warm on my last night and all I was doing was Xbox Music + IE via WiFi, the 930 might singe me at that rate. I was hopeful that they'd do a unicorn version of the 930 but I guess it would clash with the Icon and they were putting it in less markets than the 830.

Well since I haven't bought the L930 you can guess my opinion of it. People are speculating that the new phone they're announcing is the 1330.

Have I mentioned I don't like the number system?
    11-07-2014 06:03 AM
    So now I have an issue... :/

The Moto Droid Maxx (Turbo) is Mexico only with no release dates for anywhere else (how weird). So now I'm a bit stuck what phone to get next. Sigh.

I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen over here...

MIA, thoughts on Nexus 6? Sony Z3? What would you go with? I'm a little lost now.
    11-07-2014 06:19 AM
    So now I have an issue... :/

The Moto Droid Maxx (Turbo) is Mexico only with no release dates for anywhere else (how weird). So now I'm a bit stuck what phone to get next. Sigh.

I'm starting to feel like a second class citizen over here...

MIA, thoughts on Nexus 6? Sony Z3? What would you go with? I'm a little lost now.
    You've got a size issue...lol. If you pick the Nexus 6, might as well have gone with a 1+1, slightly smaller,such cheaper, still very good specs and more internal memory - the 32GB model will be way more expensive than the 64GB OPO for instance.

I would take the Z3 Compact, actually. If you're considering a Z3, it is roughly the same size as the OPO (1+1). Their cameras are a tie, Z3 wins on waterproofing and SD slot; OPO wins on more internal memory, price, and being closer to stock Android.

If you were still fixed on those two, i'd do a Z3 as it is the smaller device. You're still better off waiting an seeing how the N6 looks in person.

11-07-2014 06:58 AM
    Personally, I think OEMs will treat the S805 chip like they did the 800 last year...not really use it and just jump into 64 bits with the 810. MSFT being MSFT will use the 805 predominantly. I suppose they'd be smart to jump to 810 chips too due to their longer release cycles on WP, but they won't do that.

11-07-2014 07:02 AM
    You've got a size issue...lol. If you pick the Nexus 6, might as well have gone with a 1+1, slightly smaller,such cheaper, still very good specs and more internal memory - the 32GB model will be way more expensive than the 64GB OPO for instance.

I would take the Z3 Compact, actually. If you're considering a Z3, it is roughly the same size as the OPO (1+1). Their cameras are a tie, Z3 wins on waterproofing and SD slot; OPO wins on more internal memory, price, and being closer to stock Android.

If you were still fixed on those two, i'd do a Z3 as it is the smaller device. You're still better off waiting an seeing how the N6 looks in person.

The problem with the 1+1 is that I'm not sure I can get it over here. I thought it was still by invitation only.

How much does the thing cost anyway? I'd like the latest version if I were to get it. There appears to be different options on the thing.

Still no idea what to do though. :/

I'll have to wait some more. How fun. :/
    11-07-2014 07:22 AM
    OK so I can buy the 1+1 and the specs look great. Damn thing is cheap too! I can almost buy two of those for the price of the L830....

Invite anyone? :)
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    11-07-2014 07:30 AM

MS needs to target marker share, by releasing low/mid ranged devices, its targeting more of developing countries. Don't worry, 925, 1520 successors are coming soon
    11-07-2014 07:40 AM
    MS needs to target marker share, by releasing low/mid ranged devices, its targeting more of developing countries. Don't worry, 925, 1520 successors are coming soon
    I'm not worrying. I'm simply not caring any more. Let them target low to mid range if that's what they want to do. Some will stick around, others will leave tired of waiting for a half decent flagship. I'll probably be one of them. I'll come back when WP is more mature.
    11-07-2014 08:05 AM
144,685 ... 36423643364436453646 ...