Rue, I got this bamboo case that took a month (free Chinese shipping) to arrive that I'm going to test drive for my 1+1. I may get this wine cork case for the unicorn as well. My environmentalist sister would be proud as it goes nicely with my Marley Headphones that are made out of wood as well.

And yes, it is a pain in the *** to remove. I have to tale the bottom part off for access to the USB port. Thankfully I can still plug headphones in.
    How heavy is that thing with the case? I can't imagine wood being that light...

Looks good though!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-10-2014 10:58 AM
    The Z Ultra is a big *** phone!

Nice to see the 1+1 is smaller looking compared to the L1520. Looks easier to hold as well.

Decisions, decisions...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:00 AM
    How heavy is that thing with the case? I can't imagine wood being that light...

Looks good though!
    So far it feels ok...but I'll get back to you tomorrow after using it for a full day. It has a padded liner on the inside of the case. It is a skinny jeans kinda tight fit putting in the phone and removing it from this case.
    11-10-2014 11:06 AM
    Lol don't mind being corrected at 7:46 am ��. Thanks
    Any time is a good time. :P

There's a lot most people don't understand about computers, CPUs, specs and chipsets. It drives me a little nutty when I see people parroting the same nonsense over and over again.

Keep in mind, I have a major in electronics. I have a very intimate knowledge of electronics, not so intimate as an R&D person but more than most people. I went to college some time ago but things haven't changed that much and I've kept up to date being interested in computers and working in the power electronics field for 11 years.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    11-10-2014 11:09 AM
    The Z Ultra is a big *** phone!

Nice to see the 1+1 is smaller looking compared to the L1520. Looks easier to hold as well.

Decisions, decisions...
    If you've ever held a Xperia Z2, that's about the size you're getting with the OPO. Of the 3 in the pictures, the OPO is the easiest to hold without a case. It is the easiest to hold one handed also. Z Ultra for me has better areas to grip since I'm used to typing on it, and even one handed than the 1520. The 1520 feels more slippery to me...although it is easier to type with two handed (this post is typed on said 1520).
    11-10-2014 11:10 AM
    The pictures I seen made it look thin o.o ......... I've been misled 😞
    In my midterm last week, i brought my Z Ultra as it was open book and the textbook is on my Kindle app that works great on my Z Ultra. My professor asked the same question most people to when they see it: "is that a phone or tablet?" with this look of WTF trying to process what they're seeing.

The Z Ultra has a wow factor indeed.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    11-10-2014 11:13 AM
    And just for giggles (these were shot on the OPO)...as Sahib rightfully stated, glance on the older models is much brighter than on the newer screens. My eyes always play tricks on me whenever I got from using one of the big screen phones, especially the 1520 or the Z Ultra, to picking up the 925...for the record, the 925 and 1520 have very similar thickness.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    Attached Thumbnails 18272.jpg   18274.jpg   18275.jpg  
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    11-10-2014 11:36 AM
    And just for giggles (these were shot on the OPO)...as Sahib rightfully stated, glance on the older models is much brighter than on the newer screens. My eyes always play tricks on me whenever I got from using one of the big screen phones, especially the 1520 or the Z Ultra, to picking up the 925...for the record, the 925 and 1520 have very similar thickness.

I know they're all toys but the L925 looks like a child's toy next to those monsters. :P
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 11-10-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-10-2014 11:41 AM
    The 925 is tinny 😅 it's cute .
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    11-10-2014 12:09 PM
    Any time is a good time. :P

There's a lot most people don't understand about computers, CPUs, specs and chipsets. It drives me a little nutty when I see people parroting the same nonsense over and over again.

Keep in mind, I have a major in electronics. I have a very intimate knowledge of electronics, not so intimate as an R&D person but more than most people. I went to college some time ago but things haven't changed that much and I've kept up to date being interested in computers and working in the power electronics field for 11 years.

Kinda surprising my Linux text book or windows 7 text book mentioned anything around the lines of x64 . It was more like a section ( a small one at that )
    11-10-2014 12:11 PM

I wonder if they dimmed it down to save power or using a different display type ...what ever it is I don't use glance anymore ...cant see it in day light :/
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:13 PM
    I wonder if they dimmed it down to save power or using a different display type ...what ever it is I don't use glance anymore ...cant see it in day light :/
    That's why for me I would have picked the 930 if it had a bigger battery (2600) and the 801 chipset. My 1+1 and Z U lack glance and I use them just fine. The 1+1 does have tap to wake but I don't is that either.

sahib lopez likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:43 PM
    I know they're all toys but the L925 looks like a child's toy next to those monsters. :P
    It does. Still runs well enough though...pity the battery ain't worth a damn.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:45 PM
    Don't know if I know them...

Link?
    COSMO - home of Pan Asian and Global dishes in stunning restaurants

Link above. They do delicious food. If you're lucky I might take a few pics!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-10-2014 12:57 PM
    Stuck in Phoenix airport thanks to a snowstorm in Minneapolis.
    11-10-2014 01:29 PM

That was my next suggestion! :P
    11-10-2014 01:37 PM
    Ahhhhhh! Snow! Way too early for that! :/

That's why I'm going to Barcelona for Christmas. :P
    Sport Driver likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:38 PM
    Ahhhhhh! Snow! Way too early for that! :/

That's why I'm going to Barcelona for Christmas. :P
    I'm probably going to end up some place warmer for Christmas
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:39 PM

Closest for me is Reading I think. Looks like a nice place. In not usually into buffets but I'm always open to try something.
    11-10-2014 01:40 PM
    I played with the Z3 - T-Mobile version. I love it! Yes, it lacks the personality of the Z2, but it oozes that iPhone-ish type class. Very light and fits nicely in hand. Still not enough to make me part with my OPO, but I could see myself or my banking friend or Rue owning one.

Although if it had wireless charging and I could run my Kindle app comfortably, ID sell both the OPO and Z Ultra to get it...

11-10-2014 01:44 PM
    I played with the Z3 - T-Mobile version. I love it! Yes, it lacks the personality of the Z2, but it oozes that iPhone-ish type class. Very light and fits nicely in hand. Still not enough to make me part with my OPO, but I could see myself or my banking friend or Rue owning one.

Although if it had wireless charging and I could run my Kindle app comfortably, ID sell both the OPO and Z Ultra to get it...

I looked at the Z3 over the weekend. I didn't mind it but I found the look of the 1+1 nice.

Still not sure what to do. :/
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-10-2014 01:46 PM
    I looked at the Z3 over the weekend. I didn't mind it but I found the look of the 1+1 nice.

Still not sure what to do. :/
    Must buy the OPO....
    11-10-2014 01:53 PM
    Snow 😕? Already? I hope it doesn't take too long.
    11-10-2014 02:02 PM
    Since everybody is teasing rue to buy OPO I must participate, this is the mail I got earlier today. :D
    Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1415646280872.jpg  
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    11-10-2014 02:06 PM
    Must buy the OPO....
    Rue, I agree with 99 there. Get a nice case on it and you're good to go. Just don't get the 16GB version.

11-10-2014 02:30 PM
145,268 ... 36483649365036513652 ...