you could also throw lead into the mix

as in power lead - monitor lead - internet lead
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-25-2013 08:06 AM
    Did you get a cat5e?

Or cat6 there more then that as well for different uses! :P
    It says CAT5 STP.
    09-25-2013 08:06 AM
    Craig Ferguson has thought me everything about the term Cable TV. "You guys are only here because you can't afford cable!" ;-)

I wanted to write reserve, not reverse. Oops. I was reffering to the TV show "The Wire". I know that a person with a microphone for example in investigations is wearing a wire.

I didn't know about the telegraph cable, interesting.
    Yep that's right. There's also an horse racing term - Down to the wire, which means finish line. I've seen some shows take old sayings and shorten them.
    09-25-2013 08:16 AM
    you could also throw lead into the mix

as in power lead - monitor lead - internet lead
    Yeah lets confuse the situation. :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-25-2013 08:17 AM
    It says CAT5 STP.
    Should have went with CAT6, especially if you have a gigbit router.
    09-25-2013 08:17 AM
    Should have went with CAT6, especially if you have a gigbit router.
    Is CAT5 100 Mbit? I don't really care, all I do with this is using the internet which is 10 Mbit. Therefore I just took a cheap one.
    09-25-2013 08:46 AM
    Is CAT5 100 Mbit? I don't really care, all I do with this is using the internet which is 10 Mbit. Therefore I just took a cheap one.
    Yep that the best way don't need experience Ethernet cables, Cat5 will be fine unless you want a Cat6e for true ultimate speed!!!
    09-25-2013 08:54 AM
    Yes CAT5 is for 100 MBit max speed. CAT6 is for 100MBit or higher.

Also STP stands for Sheilded Twisted Pair.
    09-25-2013 08:57 AM
    With Cat6e you can get a full 10 gigabit Ethernet speeds!!!

Which the speed will maintain the same strength throughout a 100 metres!!!
    Muessig likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:00 AM
    Yes CAT5 is for 100 MBit max speed. CAT6 is for 100MBit or higher.

Also STP stands for Sheilded Twisted Pair.
    The shielded one had the same price as the the normal, but it said it's extra strong, so I took this one. It has to come in a door which I close at night, so extra strength will be good.
    09-25-2013 09:02 AM
    The shielded one had the same price as the the normal, but it said it's extra strong, so I took this one. It has to come in a door which I close at night, so extra strength will be good.
    The shielding is for reduction of noise on the signals. You would have wanted armored cable. Not sure what 'extra strength' is, it may have more to with the connectors rather than the actual cable.
    09-25-2013 09:09 AM
    Also BP did make a mention of some programs possibly blocking youe WiFi. Did your computer come pre-installed with a virus prorgram other than MS?
    09-25-2013 09:11 AM
    Also BP did make a mention of some programs possibly blocking youe WiFi. Did your computer come pre-installed with a virus prorgram other than MS?
    Yes, it was the first thing I removed. And I checked auto-start and processes, there's nothing running.
    09-25-2013 09:13 AM
    Yes, it was the first thing I removed. And I checked auto-start and processes, there's nothing running.
    Ah, bummer. I say removed the PCI card, ship it back to Asus and tell them to send you back something that works. :P
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:27 AM
    Ah, bummer. I say removed the PCI card, ship it back to Asus and tell them to send you back something that works. :P
    I have a cable now. If I have a stable connection now, I'm happy.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:35 AM
    There will be a bill for my services. :P
    09-25-2013 09:38 AM
    There will be a bill for my services. :P
    But of course. Please note in the bill for what service exactly. You can send it to me by mail.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:58 AM
    Still not right though.
    09-25-2013 10:01 AM
    GUYS!!!!!! I would like to say Msft is not doing as bad as all the apple and android fans paint it out to be. because right now im sitting next to a girl who has the surface rt and she was oh you have one like mine and also I another girl had one working on a power point . also I have seen more windows phones this time 2 htc 8x!
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    09-25-2013 11:03 AM
    GUYS!!!!!! I would like to say Msft is not doing as bad as all the apple and android fans paint it out to be. because right now im sitting next to a girl who has the surface rt and she was oh you have one like mine and also I another girl had one working on a power point . also I have seen more windows phones this time 2 htc 8x!
    I don't know on what topic you are majoring, but it can't be statistics or science in general :P

Or as we say in German: A swallow doesn't make a summer.
    09-25-2013 11:08 AM
    Elop gets 19 Million for his work, and the Fins don't like it: 20 Minuten - Geldregen fr Nokia-Chef bringt Finnland in Rage - News
    09-25-2013 11:12 AM
    Elop gets 19 Million for his work, and the Fins don't like it: 20 Minuten - Geldregen fr Nokia-Chef bringt Finnland in Rage - News
    Yeah I've read about that on both the BBC and The Guardian. It was a standard American style CEO contract. I'm not into conspiracy theories but the whole scenario seems rather fishy to me. There's a couple of threads on the WPC site praising Elop. I personally can't stand him.
    09-25-2013 11:22 AM
    Yeah I've read about that on both the BBC and The Guardian. It was a standard American style CEO contract. I'm not into conspiracy theories but the whole scenario seems rather fishy to me. There's a couple of threads on the WPC site praising Elop. I personally can't stand him.
    I have never really thought about this guy. I never watch these shows and I don't care much, however I feel the same about the fishyness.
    09-25-2013 11:28 AM
    Or as we say in German: A swallow doesn't make a summer.
    That all depends on who is swallowing

Ive seen the movies... I know what those Germans get up to in the summer...
    Chregu, N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-25-2013 11:37 AM
    I have never really thought about this guy. I never watch these shows and I don't care much, however I feel the same about the fishyness.
    Well if you look at it without any preconceptions. The basic story is this - CEO from MS takes over Nokia. Decides Nokia isn't going in a good direction, stuck in it's ways (which it was), scraps all development on existing products and concentrates on the only OS, in his mind, that will do, WP, a product of MS. Strikes deal with MS in hopes to get WP and Nokia going in the right direction. Involved in the sell of the phone division to MS, steps down as Nokia CEO and gets new position in MS.

People can say what they want about there was no way to predict what will happen but need to keep in mind that more often than not things happen in companies many years before we even get wind of them. So I don't really know what to think. We'll probably never know the truth unless someone comes out with the information.
    09-25-2013 11:39 AM
145,641 ... 364365366367368 ...