And the Xbox Music division would be played by those office chimps from those CareerBuilder commercials.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    11-16-2014 04:19 PM
    hey rue I heard someone talk about evolution and while I don't totally agree with it ( not the point right now) I heard them saying common misconceptions about it so I walked up to the person and explained to them that evolution isn't about coming from plants or from fishes but from a common ancestor.
    im not sure why but I kinda felt annoyed that people talk that they know something but in reality they don't. im a fan of common understanding :P
    You'll have to tell me what you don't agree with it and maybe I can help.

As for their statement, it not incorrect. All living things have common ancestors that meet up at different points along a continuum of time. Our most distant ancestor is about 4 billion years ago our most recent is about 6 million with other apes. We are but one twig on a giant tree of life.

Thing is, it's best not to think of evolution as a straight line or a consistent path. It also has no guarantees. We are, to put mildly, lucky to be here.
    11-16-2014 04:20 PM
    And the Xbox Music division would be played by those office chimps from those CareerBuilder commercials.
    they are getting better with the xbox music though :P
    Trill Gates likes this.
    11-16-2014 04:20 PM
    I wonder what the plot would be ;P ...... would Michel bay be directing it with lots of explosions ;)

This would be the Xbox Music division reviewing their performance ratings for their app. LOL
    11-16-2014 04:21 PM
    You'll have to tell me what you don't agree with it and maybe I can help.

As for their statement, it not incorrect. All living things have common ancestors that meet up at different points along a continuum of time. Our most distant ancestor is about 4 billion years ago our most recent is about 6 million with other apes. We are but one twig on a giant tree of life.

Thing is, it's best not to think of evolution as a straight line or a consistent path. It also has no guarantees. We are, to put mildly, lucky to be here.
    :P cant get into right now because its sunday XD anyways
    it was more the way she said it made my eye brow raise made me think " that's not what the book says"
    im trying to be more open minded to get a understating of what evolution is instead of going by what others say so I don't become of those people who think they know what it is :P
    11-16-2014 04:25 PM

This would be the Xbox Music division reviewing their performance ratings for their app. LOL
    LOL
    11-16-2014 04:26 PM
    the last post was by me at 2:26.. wow :P slow day
    11-16-2014 10:02 PM
    the last post was by me at 2:26.. wow :P slow day
    It happens. We cannot all bomb the thread like you when you go off in your rants.
    11-16-2014 11:26 PM
    It happens. We cannot all bomb the thread like you when you go off in your rants.
    o.o I rant ? when was the last time I did that ?
    11-16-2014 11:46 PM
    Shameless free post.
    11-17-2014 12:01 AM
    :P cant get into right now because its sunday XD anyways
    it was more the way she said it made my eye brow raise made me think " that's not what the book says"
    im trying to be more open minded to get a understating of what evolution is instead of going by what others say so I don't become of those people who think they know what it is :P
    I went to bed wondering what Sunday had to do with anything. :P

As for your friend I thought about it some more and I think she may have read a book by Richard Dawkins called Ancestors Tale. It's a book that goes in reverse order starting from now and meeting up with different ancestors in the past at different times. The idea is to remove our thoughts on progression when we think of evolution. The last chapter talks about the idea of playing the whole scenario from the beginning again and the likelihood of us being part of the result is unlikely. This is a concept that all evolutionary biologist agree with. So it's not just Dawkins.

Your ideas about evolution so far, from what I can tell, are not wrong either but you didn't say which book you're reading. Neither of the two books I gave you are a complete guide and even together don't explain everything. They were just to provide evidence for evolution and a way of understanding the general concepts of it.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:04 AM
    Shameless free post.
    Yeah we get a lot of those here.
    11-17-2014 12:06 AM
    I went to bed wondering what Sunday had to do with anything. :P

As for your friend I thought about it some more and I think she may have read a book by Richard Dawkins called Ancestors Tale. It's a book that goes in reverse order starting from now and meeting up with different ancestors in the past at different times. The idea is to remove our thoughts on progression when we think of evolution. The last chapter talks about the idea of playing the whole scenario from the beginning again and the likelihood of us being part of the result is unlikely. This is a concept that all evolutionary biologist agree with. So it's not just Dawkins.

Your ideas about evolution so far, from what I can tell, are not wrong either but you didn't say which book you're reading. Neither of the two books I gave you are a complete guide and even together don't explain everything. They were just to provide evidence for evolution and a way of understanding the general concepts of it.
    as in I didn't want to do work or go into detail because im lazy Sunday afternoon :P
    not my friend though :P anyways yes I started to read again the dawkins Richard one since the year is winding down; oh thanks for ruining the ending ! ;P
    11-17-2014 12:11 AM
    Yeah we get a lot of those here.
    to much to even count o.o
    11-17-2014 12:11 AM
    as in I didn't want to do work or go into detail because im lazy Sunday afternoon :P
    not my friend though :P anyways yes I started to read again the dawkins Richard one since the year is winding down; oh thanks for ruining the ending ! ;P
    The book I gave you is not that one silly. :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:15 AM
    That's a big book by the way. I know the introduction could upset you some.

As before if you have any questions or need help with some concepts let me know.
    11-17-2014 12:18 AM
    That's a big book by the way. I know the introduction could upset you some.

As before if you have any questions or need help with some concepts let me know.
    ill keep an open mind and of course ill question the book ( since I question everything ) :P
    11-17-2014 12:34 AM
    The book I gave you is not that one silly. :P
    o.o....if you didn't give me that one then who did ?
    11-17-2014 12:34 AM
    o.o....if you didn't give me that one then who did ?
    No... I mean I didn't give Ancestors Tale. Richard Dawkins has written several books.

I gave you The Greatest Show on Earth.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    11-17-2014 12:53 AM
    I just can't help finding Christmas decorations tacky sometimes. Especially when its the same display year after year.
    11-17-2014 06:42 AM
    I'm back from my Hyderabad - Banglore tour. Feeling sleepy 😫.....
    Enjoyed alot and its time to get back to studies...
    11-17-2014 07:14 AM
    I'm back from my Hyderabad - Banglore tour. Feeling sleepy .....
    Enjoyed alot and its time to get back to studies...
    Enjoy your sleep and your studies.
    11-17-2014 07:15 AM
    Enjoy your sleep and your studies.
    😫 😪 💤 💤 💤
    11-17-2014 07:20 AM
    No... I mean I didn't give Ancestors Tale. Richard Dawkins has written several books.

I gave you The Greatest Show on Earth.
    Huh now I wonder .....who did o.o ... Oh well :p
    11-17-2014 07:23 AM
    I just can't help finding Christmas decorations tacky sometimes. Especially when its the same display year after year.
    A friend of mine already has hers up since last month ._.
    11-17-2014 07:24 AM
144,792 ... 36643665366636673668 ...