What a fortuitous coincidence!

My mom's spare is running KitKat! Hmm...
    You have to go here and ask to join if you want install the apps - https://plus.google.com/communities/...68857649028735

You have to install each app separately and you can't install the other until you open the one you downloaded.
    12-01-2014 05:16 AM
    What is pure water? You should ask that question first... :P
    Shouldn't that refer to just water, and water alone?
    12-01-2014 05:18 AM
    You have to go here and ask to join if you want install the apps - https://plus.google.com/communities/...68857649028735

You have to install each app separately and you can't install the other until you open the one you downloaded.
    >Google+
    >tfw I don't want to share any more of my data with Google
    12-01-2014 05:20 AM
    Shouldn't that refer to just water, and water alone?
    If you're referring to the chemical component of H2O then yes, that would be the 'purest' water and it most definitely isn't blue, it's clear and see through. However, you won't find 'pure water' in nature. You also couldn't drink large quantities of it anyway.
    12-01-2014 05:25 AM
    >Google+
    >tfw I don't want to share any more of my data with Google
    Blame MS for putting it on there but it's up to you. Social media and other things like it don't bother me that much. I keep my information minimal on them. The only one that's different is LinkedIn and that's only because it's a professional network.
    12-01-2014 05:27 AM
    If you're referring to the chemical component of H2O then yes, that would be the 'purest' water and it most definitely isn't blue, it's clear and see through. However, you won't find 'pure water' in nature. You also couldn't drink large quantities of it anyway.
    I believe it's obvious that you won't find pure water in nature, especially when you have water absorbing gases from the air, and having minerals dissolve in it from rocks.

You also have the life in water to worry about.
    12-01-2014 05:29 AM
    I believe it's obvious that you won't find pure water in nature, especially when you have water absorbing gases from the air, and having minerals dissolve in it from rocks.

You also have the life in water to worry about.
    Well you brought up the idea of 'pure' water. :P Something that can only be derived by process. I should know, I worked on a desalination project so I have a pretty good understanding of the stuff. :P
    12-01-2014 05:32 AM
    Blame MS for putting it on there but it's up to you. Social media and other things like it don't bother me that much. I keep my information minimal on them. The only one that's different its LinkedIn and that's only because it's a professional network.
    Thanks to /pol/, /tech/, and /sci/, I'm seriously looking into taking a lot of my personal information off the web.

Step one is deactivating my Facebook account, but that'll happen once I finish college.
    12-01-2014 05:32 AM
    Thanks to /pol/, /tech/, and /sci/, I'm seriously looking into taking a lot of my personal information off the web.

Step one is deactivating my Facebook account, but that'll happen once I finish college.
    I guess I'm not overly paranoid but that's ok. :) To each their own.

Also, I should mention that your signature still states you have a creepy avatar... you don't. :P
    12-01-2014 05:34 AM
    Well you brought up the idea of 'pure' water. :P Something that can only be derived by process. I should know, I worked on a desalination project so I have a pretty good understanding of the stuff. :P
    Oh yeah, I did.

Oh, well.
    12-01-2014 05:35 AM
    Oh yeah, I did.

Oh, well.
    LOL! Anything you'd like to know? :P
    12-01-2014 05:36 AM
    I guess I'm not overly paranoid but that's ok. :) To each their own.

Also, I should mention that your signature still states you have a creepy avatar... you don't. :P
    I'm thinking of something to replace it, but not yet. Now is not the right time and place to do this.
    12-01-2014 05:37 AM
    LOL! Anything you'd like to know? :P
    I'd like to know why an Israeli contractor was allowed to install massive security cameras in the Fukushima nuclear power plant before the Fukushima earthquake.
    12-01-2014 05:39 AM
    I'm thinking of something to replace it, but not yet. Now is not the right time and place to do this.
    I've been contemplating changing my avatar again too but I'm still thinking of it.
    12-01-2014 05:39 AM
    I'd like to know why an Israeli contractor was allowed to install massive security cameras in the Fukushima nuclear power plant before the Fukushima earthquake.
    They're a security firm? They have experience in dealing with nuclear facilities? Especially where people might want to get their hands on pure uranium?

You're not going with that nonsense that they set off nuclear bombs that caused the tsunami are you?
    12-01-2014 05:47 AM
    I've never made it to the top poster list this quickly, ever. Let me check how WinC is doing lately.
    12-01-2014 05:47 AM
    They're a security firm? They have experience in dealing with nuclear facilities? Especially where people might want to get their hands on pure uranium?

You're not going with that nonsense that they set off nuclear bombs that caused the tsunami are you?
    I read into the seismic data that the Japanese detected during the earthquake. The raw seismic data.

My former earth science teacher couldn't believe it - the data was implying that it was a far weaker earthquake than that 9.0, and that the epicenter was inland.
    I'm looking into it, but hey, /pol/ is somehow right in this case.
    12-01-2014 05:50 AM
    I read into the seismic data that the Japanese detected during the earthquake. The raw seismic data.

My former earth science teacher couldn't believe it - the data was implying that it was a far weaker earthquake than that 9.0, and that the epicenter was inland.
    I'm looking into it, but hey, /pol/ is somehow right in this case.
    There seems to be a lot of mistrust in information these days. It's rather depressing. I know that 'regular' news articles are horrid things and the vast majority of science articles are down right wrong but that doesn't mean everyone is lying all the time. I don't see why Japan would let anyone near it with nuclear weapons considering they were the only place on Earth that ever had two dropped on them in combat.

Even though we know a lot about tectonic plates there's still a lot we don't know. I'm not even sure I could read the seismic data correctly without being trained properly.
    12-01-2014 05:59 AM
    So I read up on the conspiracy theories running around about the Japan tsunami. I didn't even know that there were any! o.O

So the one about the Israeli nuclear bombs in the cameras... highly unlikely. They simply don't have the kind of technology. The guy who wrote that thing is a neo Nazi and shouldn't be taken seriously. He has no background whatsoever in these things.

Second, the HAARP thing is out as well. People just simply don't know enough about these things and people get upset when they don't have access to things so they make crap up.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-01-2014 06:18 AM
    So I read up on the conspiracy theories running around about the Japan tsunami. I didn't even know that there were any! o.O

So the one about the Israeli nuclear bombs in the cameras... highly unlikely. They simply don't have the kind of technology. The guy who wrote that thing is a neo Nazi and shouldn't be taken seriously. He has no background whatsoever in these things.

Second, the HAARP thing is out as well. People just simply don't know enough about these things and people get upset when they don't have access to things so they make crap up.
    Rule of thumb: if it's a big event, there's bound to be a conspiracy theory on it.

And, you know what happens with people like these: they throw so much stuff at the wall that some of it is bound to stick (see: prior experience with Tomi Ahonen)
    12-01-2014 06:26 AM
    Rule of thumb: if it's a big event, there's bound to be a conspiracy theory on it.

And, you know what happens with people like these: they throw so much stuff at the wall that some of it is bound to stick (see: prior experience with Tomi Ahonen)
    I think I prefer the religious nut jobs over the conspiracy theory nut jobs. At least the religious ones most people ignore the other ones unfortunately get a large following for some reason because they say enough to make people question things. Which isn't a bad thing but the problem is most don't have enough understanding to know what's right and wrong and our disenchantment with established ideas has created a environment of mistrust.
    12-01-2014 06:35 AM
    I'm also happy to find out that MSFTisMIA has finally ditched that Posted Approved signature (whatever it was.)
    Don't get too excited. I reserve that signature for Nexus devices and it will return within the next two weeks...

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-01-2014 06:47 AM
    I think I prefer the religious nut jobs over the conspiracy theory nut jobs. At least the religious ones most people ignore the other ones unfortunately get a large following for some reason because they say enough to make people question things. Which isn't a bad thing but the problem is most don't have enough understanding to know what's right and wrong and our disenchantment with established ideas has created a environment of mistrust.
    At my internship last night during the life skills group we talked about the value of protesting - non violent means vs violent means. The topic of Ferguson came up and of course some clients were for the burning and looting and some mentioned a conspiracy theory.

I'm not a huge fan of conspiracy theories myself but they do have a place...it is just deciding which of the conspiracy theories one thinks has the most legitimacy. Good luck with that.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-01-2014 06:54 AM
    It is just deciding which of the conspiracy theories one thinks has the most legitimacy. Good luck with that.
    Yep and most people don't have the time or the knowledge to know different. Which is the main problem. So instead of questioning the questioner we get the spread of stupid ideas by those who don't know any better.

Lack of scientific knowledge depresses me greatly but I blame the school system for that. The way academics is set up it's a wonder anyone goes into science at all.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-01-2014 07:00 AM
    At my internship last night during the life skills group we talked about the value of protesting - non violent means vs violent means. The topic of Ferguson came up and of course some clients were for the burning and looting and some mentioned a conspiracy theory.
    The burning and looting I will never understand. I guess being lost in the moment can cause that. Mob rule and so forth. I just don't see it helping the situation other than keeping those marginalized even more marginalized.
    12-01-2014 07:01 AM
143,584 ... 36973698369937003701 ...