He's a Brit, therefore he probably won't eat it. However that's what I'd do.

I can ride horses, but that's the point, I wouldn't ride one of these small ponies ;-)
    I cant ride horses - but will gladly eat them or gamble on them.
    09-26-2013 04:24 AM
    I cant ride horses - but will gladly eat them or gamble on them.
    You bet on horse race?
    09-26-2013 04:25 AM
    Just had my lunch and my Boss pat my back :)
    You got a pat on the back for eating lunch??

Damn that's a cool boss.
    N_LaRUE and BIGPADDY like this.
    09-26-2013 04:25 AM
    You bet on horse race?
    Yes - But only when I actually go to the races which is only once or twice a year.
    09-26-2013 04:26 AM
    Yes - But only when I actually go to the races which is only once or twice a year.
    Ok, I am about to race some horses. How about you bet a few million pounds on them?
    hahah!
    09-26-2013 04:28 AM
    Ok, I am about to race some horses. How about you bet a few million pounds on them?
    hahah!
    If I had a few million kicking around spare to bet on horses - I wouldn't be sitting here on this forum.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-26-2013 04:31 AM
    If I had a few million kicking around spare to bet on horses - I wouldn't be sitting here on this forum.
    Nokia is going to announce new phones, where are your bets?
    09-26-2013 04:34 AM
    You got a pat on the back for eating lunch??

Damn that's a cool boss.
    I thought he was burping him..
    09-26-2013 04:34 AM
    I didn't say hate, that's too strong a word. Its just not quite Friday. Its like one more hurdle to get to, to reach the end of the week. Its also the day before payday so im usually broke by Thursday and I hate not having money.
    So dislike Thursday but hate not having money. OK got it. :P
    09-26-2013 04:35 AM
    Martin are you aged 35?
    09-26-2013 04:36 AM
    I didn't say hate, that's too strong a word. Its just not quite Friday. Its like one more hurdle to get to, to reach the end of the week. Its also the day before payday so im usually broke by Thursday and I hate not having money.
    Weekly pay seems so strange to me. In Switzerland I think everybody gets paid monthly. There might be exceptions for temporary positions, but I have never heard of long term employes not being paid monthly.
    09-26-2013 04:37 AM
    Nokia is going to announce new phones, where are your bets?
    I don't bet on things like that.
    09-26-2013 04:39 AM
    Martin are you aged 35?
    Yes - good to see you have a basic grasp of maths.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    Weekly pay seems so strange to me. In Switzerland I think everybody gets paid monthly. There might be exceptions for temporary positions, but I have never heard of long term employes not being paid monthly.
    How about you get paid every hour and you spend like 10 minutes in an hour to collect your pay :D?, so if you worked for 8 hours, you get paid for 80 minutes where you basically did nothing and then there's lunch break and **** break etc.,
    Yes - good to see you have a basic grasp of maths.
    I am a teacher at the kindergarten school nearby :)
    09-26-2013 04:40 AM
    It has its upsides as well as downsides - Its good knowing you have money coming in every Friday so don't have to budget for a whole month - but it sometimes sucks living from week to week - I only really ever get to save any money when a month has 5 weeks - Week 1 is bill week taking almost all my pay - week 2 is rent week again taking nearly all my pay - week 3 is maintenance week which is half my pay - Week 4 don't have any outgoings but have to ration my money to cover the next two weeks.
    09-26-2013 04:43 AM
    He's a contractor. Weekly pay is the norm when you contract. I miss it already. Now that I've decided to be staff it's the first time in my life that I ever got paid monthly. I don't like it. I even forgot what day I got paid. LOL!
    09-26-2013 04:45 AM
    He's a contractor. Weekly pay is the norm when you contract. I miss it already. Now that I've decided to be staff it's the first time in my life that I ever got paid monthly. I don't like it. I even forgot what day I got paid. LOL!
    This isn't the norm in Switzerland. Bills generally are paid at the end of the month and people get upset if they get a bill at the beginning of the month with only 10 days time to pay it.

So I think it's pretty easy to plan ahead, you pay all your bills a day after you get your payment.
    09-26-2013 04:54 AM
    This isn't the norm in Switzerland. Bills generally are paid at the end of the month and people get upset if they get a bill at the beginning of the month with only 10 days time to pay it.

So I think it's pretty easy to plan ahead, you pay all your bills a day after you get your payment.
    I'm in enough shock getting paid monthly. Having it as 'the norm' is rather depressing. My 'bills' are all over the month so there's no standard day they come out.

When I lived in Australia you pay rent weekly. I couldn't have fathomed getting paid monthly in that situation. But lots of people do get paid monthly.
    09-26-2013 04:57 AM
    I'm in enough shock getting paid monthly. Having it as 'the norm' is rather depressing. My 'bills' are all over the month so there's no standard day they come out.

When I lived in Australia you pay rent weekly. I couldn't have fathomed getting paid monthly in that situation. But lots of people do get paid monthly.
    I do.
    09-26-2013 05:07 AM
    I do.
    Are you Aussie?
    09-26-2013 05:10 AM
    Are you Aussie?
    How about, it does not matter whether am Aussie or Brit but get paid monthly?
    09-26-2013 05:17 AM
    Hmm - this thread has got so big were no longer displaying on the latest discussions page.

Quite annoying.
    09-26-2013 05:20 AM
    Hmm - this thread has got so big were no longer displaying on the latest discussions page.

Quite annoying.
    Quite pants, I'd say it that way, yes thats correct, quite pants.
    09-26-2013 05:31 AM
    I have also never heard of weekly rent in Switzerland. Personally I think it doesn't matter if you get paid weekly or monthly, there should just be some kind of system in it or it gets messy. In Switzerland everything I can think of is organized in a monthly fashion.
    09-26-2013 05:33 AM
145,259 ... 369370371372373 ...