How about, it does not matter whether am Aussie or Brit but get paid monthly?
    I was referring to Australia when I made my comment, that's why I asked.
    09-26-2013 05:34 AM
    I was referring to Australia when I made my comment, that's why I asked.
    What if I say this thread is where nothing matters except reaching 10k post count, no matter what you say or do :D?

I'd like to put this in a Morpheus meme but am too too too lazy you know.
    09-26-2013 05:35 AM
    I have also never heard of weekly rent in Switzerland. Personally I think it doesn't matter if you get paid weekly or monthly, there should just be some kind of system in it or it gets messy. In Switzerland everything I can think of is organized in a monthly fashion.
    Well Australia is messy but that's a whole other discussion. I'm all for a simpler system. Finland's was pretty good.
    09-26-2013 05:36 AM
    What if I told you,
    All that matters is whether you get paid?
    hah!
    09-26-2013 05:38 AM
    What if I told you,
    hah!
    I got payed yesterday. This was pretty nice.

I just realized after the last step of a long and expensive experiment, that I ****ed the basics up. This is quite the opposite of pretty nice.
    09-26-2013 05:41 AM
    I got payed yesterday. This was pretty nice.

I just realized after the last step of a long and expensive experiment, that I ****ed the basics up. This is quite the opposite of pretty nice.
    I will be paid on Monday, and I am not even excited, it stays the same even after I get paid.

Do you get any interest from the bank for keeping your money with them?
    09-26-2013 05:42 AM
    What if I told you,
    hah!
    Getting paid is good. I rather be a millionaire and do what I want though. :P
    09-26-2013 05:46 AM
    I will be paid on Monday, and I am not even excited, it stays the same even after I get paid.

Do you get any interest from the bank for keeping your money with them?
    I got paid last Friday and didn't even know it. LOL! Oh well I guess I'll get used to the idea one day.

Here in the UK there's interest on savings but it's so low it's pointless, it was the same in Australia.
    09-26-2013 05:48 AM
    Getting paid is good. I rather be a millionaire and do what I want though. :P
    On a serious note - I could have gazillion dollars under my disposal, that won't really make me happy, rather it'll get me worried, make me lose sleep and carp like that.
    All I need is my own home and a disposable income with certain savings to meet unforeseen expenses, nothing makes me more happy :)
    09-26-2013 05:49 AM
    On a serious note - I could have gazillion dollars under my disposal, that won't really make me happy, rather it'll get me worried, make me lose sleep and carp like that.
    All I need is my own home and a disposable income with certain savings to meet unforeseen expenses, nothing makes me more happy :)
    As a PhD student I get paid little for Swiss job standards (I get paid extremely well in comparison to PhD students in other countries), but I still think I can afford everything and more than I need. I wouldn't mind getting paid more though ;-)
    09-26-2013 05:54 AM
    As a PhD student I get paid little for Swiss job standards (I get paid extremely well in comparison to PhD students in other countries), but I still think I can afford everything and more than I need. I wouldn't mind getting paid more though ;-)
    I would love to settle abroad :'(, can't at the moment.
    I have to learn the guitar first so am not lonely, specially when am in Swiss town where you are living and I come to cheer you up with my guitar skills, I could come right now but my skills will only depress you.
    Chregu likes this.
    09-26-2013 05:56 AM
    When I said I wanted to be a millionaire I meant just enough to allow me to do what I want. I don't want to be famous or ridiculously rich that I have to worry about it. Just enough that I can get by without much notice.
    09-26-2013 06:10 AM
    I would love to settle abroad :'(, can't at the moment.
    I have to learn the guitar first so am not lonely, specially when am in Swiss town where you are living and I come to cheer you up with my guitar skills, I could come right now but my skills will only depress you.
    I'm on country number 4. I can tell you that living in one country is not much different than living in another. They all start to feel the same after a while. You still got to go and do what you need to do. Yes some things are better than others and in some places people go on about 'lifestyle' but at the end of the day you still need to earn a living and do the everyday things.
    09-26-2013 06:17 AM
    I'm on country number 4. I can tell you that living in one country is not much different than living in another. They all start to feel the same after a while. You still got to go and do what you need to do. Yes some things are better than others and in some places people go on about 'lifestyle' but at the end of the day you still need to earn a living and do the everyday things.
    I never hear of random blasts or corruption taking place in Swiss :)
    09-26-2013 06:21 AM
    I never hear of random blasts or corruption taking place in Swiss :)
    You never hear of corruption because it's kept quiet. To suggest that it doesn't exist is silly. What do you mean by 'random blasts'.
    09-26-2013 06:23 AM
    You never hear of corruption because it's kept quiet. To suggest that it doesn't exist is silly. What do you mean by 'random blasts'.
    Bomb blasts, and other terror stuff in India are common, like children bursting crackers for New Year, its worst in Pakistan and Afgan tho.

I know Swiss has corruption, compared to India its much much much less!
    09-26-2013 06:28 AM
    Bomb blasts, and other terror stuff in India are common, like children bursting crackers for New Year, its worst in Pakistan and Afgan tho.

I know Swiss has corruption, compared to India its much much much less!
    Yes, it's less obvious and just different. If there's one thing I think I've learned so far in life is that corruption is just different in 1st world countries compared to 3rd world countries. We tend to turn a blind eye to it cause it's just worded differently whereas in India and other places is more blatant. As for terrorism is another issue that I think would somewhat disappear if we got rid of some of our more silly ideas as humans. There will always be those who will covet power but maybe if we got more enlightened in our thinking as a world population, maybe there would be less terrorism. However I don't see that happening for another 1000 years or so, if humans are still around by then.
    09-26-2013 06:36 AM
    When I said I wanted to be a millionaire I meant just enough to allow me to do what I want. I don't want to be famous or ridiculously rich that I have to worry about it. Just enough that I can get by without much notice.
    I think around 5 million would do it for me. That's enough for me to get my house built, make sure my family are taken care of, enjoy life for a year, and have enough left over to stick in a bank and live comfortably off the interest.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-26-2013 06:39 AM
    What are you planning for the weekend?
    I am planning to lay on the couch all day, maybe spray some tea tree oil mixed with water on my room, I have some almost invisible bugs in the ceiling, saw 3-4 of them on clothes.
    09-26-2013 06:40 AM
    As for terrorism is another issue that I think would somewhat disappear if we got rid of some of our more silly ideas as humans. .
    For ideas see: Religions
    N_LaRUE and montsa007 like this.
    09-26-2013 06:41 AM
    I think around 5 million would do it for me. That's enough for me to get my house built, make sure my family are taken care of, enjoy life for a year, and have enough left over to stick in a bank and live comfortably off the interest.
    How much %age per year does the bank give in UK?

Over here 10-11.50%, depending where you invest.
    $100 invested today would be $110-$111.50 next year :)
    Am keen to know because am in Finances.
    09-26-2013 06:41 AM
    Words of wisdom, they are.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-26-2013 06:43 AM
    I was trying to be PC but yes you are correct, along with all the other superstitions.
    09-26-2013 06:43 AM
    How much %age per year does the bank give in UK?

Over here 10-11.50%, depending where you invest.
    $100 invested today would be $110-$111.50 next year :)
    Am keen to know because am in Finances.
    Not sure - but being a millionaire im sure I could find a nice Swiss bank account to put the money into that produced enough interest to live off.

Going on 10% your still talking 100K a year tax free on 1 million which is more than enough to live off with no mortgage. 2mill would obviously make it a lot better with 200K a year
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-26-2013 06:47 AM
    I was trying to be PC but yes you are correct, along with all the other superstitions.
    A apply a black dot on my door, hoping that some wild lizard will not snatch it from me.
    09-26-2013 06:47 AM
145,170 ... 370371372373374 ...