The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So today is the staff lunch and party. Somehow, I don't feel as excited about it. Maybe because I'm tired from the semester and work, but I'd rather be on a beach or a massage table right now.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    Jamaica Mon!
    12-11-2014 10:30 AM
    So today's been interesting.

I'm at our lunch and they screwed up the coach. So we're all sitting here waiting. :P At the pub waiting to return.
    At least the battery on your phone will not die while you are waiting for the bus....
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-11-2014 10:31 AM
    So here is an interesting story...

Two days ago someone walks off with my friend's iPhone 5S that I helped him acquire after he got laid off. This is a gent who is in his mid 60s. Based on his usage patterns and needs and his penchant for losing phones left and right I told him to go to the ATT store and get the 520 for $29.99. He lives in a small town about 3 hours away from me and for him ATT works. The store clerk de-activated his SIM in the iPhone and got the IMEI reported as stolen and then proceeded to convince him to get an Android!! Grrr....

No my friend used the iPhone 5S pretty much stock and he only uses one app on the iPhone, just ONE!!
    The 520 would have been perfect, lose the phone, just replace it with another $30 phone.

The logic used by the sales person in the ATT store:
    1. This phone does not have all the apps. My friend doesn't need any apps!!!! He needs ONE app and it is available on WP!
    2. It is very difficult to import your Google Contacts on to the WP device, what a liar! Also he claimed my friend would be happy with Android email app on the ZTE Compel that he sold him not realizing this elderly gentleman is a huge fan of Outlook!!

SMH!!!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-11-2014 10:35 AM
    At least the battery on your phone will not die while you are waiting for the bus....
    Charged it yesterday morning. It's still at 42%. It's 4:35pm.
    12-11-2014 10:35 AM
    Charged it yesterday morning. It's still at 42%. It's 4:35pm.
    Almost OPO like. What is your Screen On Time?
    12-11-2014 10:36 AM
    Jamaica Mon!
    I can't with you...

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    12-11-2014 10:42 AM
    Almost OPO like. What is your Screen On Time?
    Well I'd like to point out that the data signal at my work is crap and I think that has a lot to do with my battery issue in general.

Screen on time is 3h 18m. I played a Angry Birds a few times, the free version with all the ads, and was trying to use data in an area that was crap.

Standby time is 20h 28m. 9% without signal.

I still think there might be some apps eating into my battery but I'm not sure which ones. I've looked at the list but I don't see them being much of an issue.
    12-11-2014 10:43 AM
    Well I'd like to point out that the data signal at my work is crap and I think that has a lot to do with my battery issue in general.

Screen on time is 3h 18m. I played a Angry Birds a few times, the free version with all the ads, and was trying to use data in an area that was crap.

Standby time is 20h 28m. 9% without signal.

I still think there might be some apps eating into my battery but I'm not sure which ones. I've looked at the list but I don't see them being much of an issue.
    Not as bad as signal in my office. I usually have close to 30-45% time no signal on the OPO with slightly greater SoT. So the OPO is pretty much comparable to the Z3.
    12-11-2014 10:46 AM

Two days ago someone walks off with my friend's iPhone 5S that I helped him acquire after he got laid off. This is a gent who is in his mid 60s. Based on his usage patterns and needs and his penchant for losing phones left and right I told him to go to the ATT store and get the 520 for $29.99. He lives in a small town about 3 hours away from me and for him ATT works. The store clerk de-activated his SIM in the iPhone and got the IMEI reported as stolen and then proceeded to convince him to get an Android!! Grrr....

No my friend used the iPhone 5S pretty much stock and he only uses one app on the iPhone, just ONE!!
    The 520 would have been perfect, lose the phone, just replace it with another $30 phone.

1. This phone does not have all the apps. My friend doesn't need any apps!!!! He needs ONE app and it is available on WP!
    2. It is very difficult to import your Google Contacts on to the WP device, what a liar! Also he claimed my friend would be happy with Android email app on the ZTE Compel that he sold him not realizing this elderly gentleman is a huge fan of Outlook!!

SMH!!!
    Moral of the story.... don't send old person by themselves to get a smartphone at a carrier store. 99% of the time they'll leave with the wrong phone for them.

The sales people only care about maximizing sales. Nothing more. Probably didn't help that he had an iPhone before hand. Though Android and iPhone are quite different.
    12-11-2014 10:48 AM
    Not as bad as signal in my office. I usually have close to 30-45% time no signal on the OPO with slightly greater SoT. So the OPO is pretty much comparable to the Z3.
    I work in a Faraday cage. :P On one side of my building there's zero signal and what signal there is, is fairly weak. But yeah from what I've heard the OPO battery is pretty good.
    12-11-2014 10:53 AM

SMH!!!

I guess the sales rep didn't care about the needs of the consume :/ . even I wouldn't push a low end android unless its a moto G or E . sales reps are only part of the problem :/
    12-11-2014 10:58 AM
    Moral of the story.... don't send old person by themselves to get a smartphone at a carrier store. 99% of the time they'll leave with the wrong phone for them.

The sales people only care about maximizing sales. Nothing more. Probably didn't help that he had an iPhone before hand. Though Android and iPhone are quite different.
    He couldn't wait an extra day because of his work. I told him I would get the phone to him via Amazon Next Day service...the logic used was your Google contacts will show up right away on the Android....sheeesh!
    12-11-2014 12:18 PM
    I work in a Faraday cage. :P On one side of my building there's zero signal and what signal there is, is fairly weak. But yeah from what I've heard the OPO battery is pretty good.
    Same here, almost a Faraday cage here as well and I probably in the worst dead spot....my next door neighbor puts his phone up on the shelving to get reception...I am not that desperate...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-11-2014 12:19 PM
    12-11-2014 12:47 PM
    Doesn't grass grow quicker or paint dry faster? :P

Yeah apparently it does :p
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-11-2014 01:04 PM

Just read that =))
    12-11-2014 01:05 PM
    Hah!
    Attached Thumbnails adobephotoshopexpress_da74166ac6d645689cb90ca54ebc5bd7.jpg  
    12-11-2014 01:06 PM
    Hah!
    pic from an admirer?
    12-11-2014 01:07 PM
    Funny how I've said this quite often on this site with people often not agreeing with me. If you're not into the latest and greatest then WP will suit you just fine. If you want it, I'd avoid WP completely until they sort that out.
    hope4wp likes this.
    12-11-2014 01:15 PM
    Yeah apparently it does :p
    I've actually watched cricket and I understand it a bit. It's worse than baseball. :P

I'm not into sports though so maybe I'm missing something. :/
    12-11-2014 01:16 PM
    pic from an admirer?
    Nope! I took it :p i saved money for a high end dslr...and then thought do i really need it :D so i took a picture with 5 mp with my 1520! And decided i don't need a high end camera lol
    12-11-2014 01:17 PM
    That's bad for WP. Even worse for WP is that I think the same. And even worse than that is that I'm not alone.
    I have four more months on the contract, I don't change devices any earlier than after 2 years. Hopefully Win10 for phones actually comes in January so I will be able to test it for 2 months before I decide where to. If the only thing will be tinkering under the hood I'm leaving. Design of WP isn't bad I just kind of got bored of it in 2 years.
    hope4wp likes this.
    12-11-2014 01:18 PM
    I've actually watched cricket and I understand it a bit. It's worse than baseball. :P

I'm not into sports though so maybe I'm missing something. :/
    Maybe! I've never seen a baseball match :O except in movies
    12-11-2014 01:19 PM
    So today has been a bit of a weird day - I unexpectedly had a team Christmas lunch which was fairly nice -- not as nice as LaRue's leisurely afternoon though!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-11-2014 01:23 PM
    Time is dragging by here.... tick...... tock.......
    12-11-2014 01:36 PM
142,810 ... 37373738373937403741 ...