The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Mondays?

Not feeling the best either. I'm getting over a cold. Hopefully it clears soon. I hate flying with sinus congestion. Very painful. :/
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-15-2014 06:15 AM
    Damn it! I forgot about the meeting at 12:30... :/ I haven't had lunch yet....
    12-15-2014 06:24 AM
    Well if he wants to come to London this time of year, sure. I'll be in Barcelona...
    I surely wouldn't. Now, why would I fly 6 hours to go from one cold place to the next? If I was going to see the Aurora Borealis, sure...

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2014 06:29 AM
    I didn't lose contact with her I just couldn't think of a way to start it o.o
    Am I allowed to hit you with a fruitcake whenever you have brain cramps like this?

N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2014 06:30 AM
    Morning folks. Had an annoying weekend - I felt all of the grind of 2014 just hit me yesterday.. It has been a long, long *** year for me indeed.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 06:33 AM
    Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Mondays?

Not feeling the best either. I'm getting over a cold. Hopefully it clears soon. I hate flying with sinus congestion. Very painful. :/
    Pulled this one out again just for you:

12-15-2014 06:39 AM
    Well I had a frank discussion with my boss this morning, telling him I'm not here to do admin work forever and I'm here to design. He said I'm free to take on design jobs when I can but that he doesn't just want me to become a fully fledged designer here and when I leave have a hard time getting a job.

Do I'm left wondering if I need to get a degree out whether 8 treats hands on experience speaks for itself...
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2014 06:42 AM
    So every once in a while these horoscope things may get something right.

The picture is the key chain for my house keys. I agree with the stuff in the personality section - but Monday as a lucky day? 1,5,7 as lucky numbers? They're high as Sahib on taco bell girl...

Attached Thumbnails 23369.jpg   23371.jpg  
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-15-2014 06:43 AM
    Well I had a frank discussion with my boss this morning, telling him I'm not here to do admin work forever and I'm here to design. He said I'm free to take on design jobs when I can but that he doesn't just want me to become a fully fledged designer here and when I leave have a hard time getting a job.

Do I'm left wondering if I need to get a degree out whether 8 treats hands on experience speaks for itself...
    That's why I am back in school getting a Masters. These days many people don't recognize the experience as much without the degree. Now, not everyone needs a degree in every profession for success, but the question you ask is being asked by many a folk in this wasteland of a global economy.

My current supervisor and I are the same age, similar enough experience levels and even the same small license (I didn't officially applied for mine). The difference is that even though I could probably do her job - especially with my length of experience in the clinic vastly outweighs hers - she has a masters, I have a bachelors.

12-15-2014 06:48 AM
    Today my exams got over. Its a temporary relief now
    12-15-2014 07:09 AM

Here's an article that kinda plays to my earlier point:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/bus...r/?tid=HP_more

Not saying it is as simple as this, but I'm sure many people in many countries can relate to much of the sentiment expressed.

12-15-2014 07:13 AM
    I see things are worse than we thought...
    I guess when I should be thinking the obvious I don't think of it
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 07:31 AM
    Damn it! I forgot about the meeting at 12:30... :/ I haven't had lunch yet....
    That's going to be a long meeting
    12-15-2014 07:32 AM
    Am I allowed to hit you with a fruitcake whenever you have brain cramps like this?

As long as the first cake doesn't hurt ;)
    12-15-2014 07:32 AM
    Here's an article that kinda plays to my earlier point:

As workers are devalued, many need multiple jobs to make a middle-class wage | The Washington Post

Not saying it is as simple as this, but I'm sure many people in many countries can relate to much of the sentiment expressed.

There's been a wage decline in the UK and apparently we're just hitting the levels in some areas (note some) back to pre 2007 levels. Affordability and wages are not aligned here. In Australia I know that the contracting wages have dropped significantly but I'm unsure about standard wages.

No idea about Canada.

As for degrees. One of the bigger issues lots of people are having currently is graduating with some degree and no positions being available. The other one I've run across in my field is recent grads being hired thinking their going to be 'managing' someone. Not realising that their at the bottom of the heap. :P Not sure what these colleges are putting in their heads lately.

Whether someone needs a degree or not depends on many things. A lot is placed on education these days, not that I'm against that, but is it really necessary for all jobs? Is a degree really necessary to make it in the design field that Muessig is in for example? I think if he wanted to run a business or have a good business mindset then yes it's worth it. But I think it isn't going to help his creativity that much unless he went to a well recognised school. What's the point of getting a degree for the heck of it? Get a good portfolio of work and people will seek you out or take risks, like moving to an area where there's more opportunity.

Here in the UK we also have the class issue which is a whole other problem in itself.
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    12-15-2014 07:37 AM
    As long as the first cake doesn't hurt ;)
    Fruitcake is fairly heavy.... for a cake.
    12-15-2014 07:38 AM
    I guess when I should be thinking the obvious I don't think of it
    You lack focus and being in the moment. Two things that we've all pointed out.

I'll say it again. If you really want to be with someone they need to be your priority. You can't just be flippant about it.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 07:39 AM
    There's been a wage decline in the UK and apparently we're just hitting the levels in some areas (note some) back to pre 2007 levels. Affordability and wages are not aligned here. In Australia I know that the contracting wages have dropped significantly but I'm unsure about standard wages.

No idea about Canada.

As for degrees. One of the bigger issues lots of people are having currently is graduating with some degree and no positions being available. The other one I've run across in my field is recent grads being hired thinking their going to be 'managing' someone. Not realising that their at the bottom of the heap. :P Not sure what these colleges are putting in their heads lately.

Whether someone needs a degree or not depends on many things. A lot is placed on education these days, not that I'm against that, but is it really necessary for all jobs? Is a degree really necessary to make it in the design field that Muessig is in for example? I think if he wanted to run a business or have a good business mindset then yes it's worth it. But I think it isn't going to help his creativity that much unless he went to a well recognised school. What's the point of getting a degree for the heck of it? Get a good portfolio of work and people will seek you out or take risks, like moving to an area where there's more opportunity.

Here in the UK we also have the class issue which is a whole other problem in itself.
    To me, with how things are going, a degree is always a plus to have. What's best is a mix of appropriate experience and a degree. Muessig may not need one because it may not enhance his natural talent and experience as much, but truth be told, traditional employment structures are weakening and perhaps more micro entrepreneurship is the way forward to compete with other countries that have advantages in terms of sheer volume of labor.

I'm sure Muessig will do what's best for him, but to me one can never have enough tools in the toolbox. The trouble though is many of these degrees are too expensive for no reason other than keeping school administrators employed. So in a sense you cannot blame some of the greenhorn grads with degrees thinking they'll be managers from jump street. The whole economic system is a mess because old money still rules at the end of the day.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:05 AM
    To me, with how things are going, a degree is always a plus to have. What's best is a mix of appropriate experience and a degree. Muessig may not need one because it may not enhance his natural talent and experience as much, but truth be told, traditional employment structures are weakening and perhaps more micro entrepreneurship is the way forward to compete with other countries that have advantages in terms of sheer volume of labor.

I'm sure Muessig will do what's best for him, but to me one can never have enough tools in the toolbox. The trouble though is many of these degrees are too expensive for no reason other than keeping school administrators employed. So in a sense you cannot blame some of the greenhorn grads with degrees thinking they'll be managers from jump street. The whole economic system is a mess because old money still rules at the end of the day.

Getting a degree here in the UK isn't that cheap an average of 9000/yr. That may not seem that expensive but for most people it's out of reach. Doing it part time is even more expensive.

I'd like to get a better education myself but the cost and time are just not lining up for me. :/ So I know how that feels. I think it would even beneficial for me but a lot comes down to mindset anyway. If you want something you'll go get it, regardless.

A lot of the most successful people in the world don't have degrees.

Here in the UK a lot of who you know and what school you went to is important rather than the actual education you took.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:21 AM
    Getting a degree here in the UK isn't that cheap an average of 9000/yr. That may not seem that expensive but for most people it's out of reach. Doing it part time is even more expensive.
    My MSW will cost me about 60K.

12-15-2014 08:25 AM
    I think I had a few good ones this month :o or maybe not .....

You had a few good chances which you messed up so maybe not after all :-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:26 AM
    My MSW will cost me about 60K.

I can't afford to go to school in this century...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:27 AM
    ....none of those came to my mind to be honest :/

Et tu Sahib?
    12-15-2014 08:31 AM
    I see things are worse than we thought...

You perhaps need to lower your expectations my friend...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:32 AM

I think his brain is fried not suffering from brain cramps...
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    12-15-2014 08:34 AM
142,845 ... 37503751375237533754 ...