My MSW will cost me about 60K.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    Yeah Masters are more expensive. The cost I gave you was purely for a Bachelor. My wife's Masters wasn't cheap. She still wants to do her doctoral. :P
    12-15-2014 08:34 AM
    Fruitcake is fairly heavy.... for a cake.

And Sahib is a lightweight based on the pictures of him...
    12-15-2014 08:35 AM
    You lack focus and being in the moment. Two things that we've all pointed out.

I'll say it again. If you really want to be with someone they need to be your priority. You can't just be flippant about it.

Instead of being on this thread focus more on her (whichever one that happens to be at the moment).
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:37 AM
    I can't afford to go to school in this century...
    Neither can I, but I had no choice.

worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-15-2014 08:39 AM
    Yeah Masters are more expensive. The cost I gave you was purely for a Bachelor. My wife's Masters wasn't cheap. She still wants to do her doctoral. :P

My advisor begged me to get a Ph.D. but I got out after my Masters degree.

I do think kids graduating today want to be a manager right away because that means not doing the work. Although I see that attitude less with females at least in my line of work.
    sahib lopez, MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-15-2014 08:40 AM
    Neither can I, but I had no choice.

I have stayed away from getting an MBA because of cost...it is at the top of the list of excuses...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:41 AM
    What's killer here in the US is the amount of debt students end up occurring - both at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Fortunately, for me I only have graduate level debt and not both. It is just brutal how the life is shaking out on some levels.

Sahib, take note - get your head screwed in right and "work smarter, not harder".

sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-15-2014 08:46 AM
    I'm going to read this convo this is interesting 😊
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    12-15-2014 08:48 AM
    I'm going to read this convo this is interesting 😊

Unless you get some NSFW pictures on Snapchst😉
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    12-15-2014 08:50 AM
    What's killer here in the US is the amount of debt students end up occurring - both at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Fortunately, for me I only have graduate level debt and not both. It is just brutal how the life is shaking out on some levels.

Sahib, take note - get your head screwed in right and "work smarter, not harder".

So far I have no debt ......keyword so far.
    12-15-2014 08:50 AM
    I have stayed away from getting an MBA because of cost...it is at the top of the list of excuses...
    That was my main excuse for why I waited so long and now as to why I'm working and in school simultaneously. I just couldn't grab enough aid at the graduate level.

Especially in my field, the longer you go without the good degree, the more it locks you into a job that cannot wipe your *** well.

12-15-2014 08:51 AM
    Unless you get some NSFW pictures on Snapchst😉

Yeah,yeah yeah i would of gotten that yesterday 😉
    12-15-2014 08:51 AM
    Good. Be smart as to how you acquire your educational debt.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 08:52 AM

It's the same here. People getting into debt just to go to college. Mostly from low social economic (ie. poor) areas in hopes of getting out of it. I was of that same position when I was younger, so many years ago.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:05 AM
    As for bashing MSFT, I guess I'll say this - I don't mind MSFT employees register here and peruse the forums. Now if users see stuff implemented in products going forward and credit is given appropriately, that's good too. But if it is the same old ****, then it really doesn't make a difference.

12-15-2014 09:21 AM
    As for bashing MSFT, I guess I'll say this - I don't mind MSFT employees register here and peruse the forums. Now if users see stuff implemented in products going forward and credit is given appropriately, that's good too. But if it is the same old ****, then it really doesn't make a difference.

Thing is everyone thinks we should be celebrating MS rather than criticising them. I'm happy to praise the good points, when there are some. Thing is what good has really come out of MS lately? A couple of beta programs and low end hardware. What's there to celebrate?

As for the employees. I haven't seen any yet and don't care if I do.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:23 AM
    Good for you...I was lucky as well...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:25 AM
    Thing is everyone thinks we should be celebrating MS rather than criticising them. I'm happy to praise the good points, when there are some. Thing is what good has really come out of MS lately? A couple of beta programs and low end hardware. What's there to celebrate?

The 830 should have had more RAM and a better processor along with the selfie camera and $100 less to compete with the OPO.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:29 AM
    It's the same here. People getting into debt just to go to college. Mostly from low social economic (ie. poor) areas in hopes of getting out of it. I was of that same position when I was younger, so many years ago.
    Many of those poor don't escape that debt because many of those middle level, middle skill jibs are gone now. Especially since many of those are women and their numbers depress the wages in the "market that caters to female jobs (social services, for example) even further. Yes, the system is still full of ****.

Take notes, Sahib.

sahib lopez likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:36 AM

Precisely. And at the end of the day, even if MSFT has a smaller market share, they're still rolling in the $.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:37 AM
    The 830 should have had more RAM and a better processor along with the selfie camera and $100 less to compete with the OPO.
    The 830 should have had the 801 processor and have been sold for $50 cheaper. That would sell well in the mid range, even if the camera is a side grade in comparison to the 920/925.

sahib lopez likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:39 AM
    Many of those poor don't escape that debt because many of those middle level, middle skill jibs are gone now. Especially since many of those are women and their numbers depress the wages in the "market that caters to female jobs (social services, for example) even further. Yes, the system is still full of ****.

Take notes, Sahib.

Work is another form of slavery. We're just a different type of serf. :/

I don't know if I mentioned this before. I read something a while back. The quote was something like this "Most Americans don't consider themselves poor, they just haven't reached their potential as millionaires."

Most people don't realise that working is no way to gain independence or 'live'.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:40 AM
    And a better ffc 😐 since my 810 was better
    12-15-2014 09:42 AM
    Precisely. And at the end of the day, even if MSFT has a smaller market share, they're still rolling in the $.

I think for me WP is simply a no go for a couple of years. I've sort of given up. It's sad to put it that way but I get the same sort of experience on my Android. Most people don't seem to realise that MS services are basically identical to those on WP. OneDrive backs up my photos automatically. My email syncs, etc. What am I missing aside from Live Tiles? Is that really anything to miss?
    12-15-2014 09:43 AM
    12-15-2014 09:47 AM
142,726 ... 37513752375337543755 ...