Off to take my weight training final ....!😎
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    12-15-2014 09:48 AM
    Off to take my weight training final ....!
    Sounds like a lot of heavy lifting... :P
    12-15-2014 09:50 AM
    Talkative a usual...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 09:50 AM
    Buzz off:-)
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2014 10:25 AM
    Sounds like a lot of heavy lifting... :P

Nice pun .....ill take that ;P
    12-15-2014 10:52 AM
    Yeah there is something wrong with me when I don't think a girl I waving at me and I look around only to find out yes she was waving at me o.o........
    12-15-2014 10:53 AM
    Yeah there is something wrong with me when I don't think a girl I waving at me and I look around only to find out yes she was waving at me o.o........
    Well I guess you're young but you're seeming younger than you should be.
    12-15-2014 10:56 AM
    Well I guess you're young but you're seeming younger than you should be.

In my defense I didn't think she was waving hi to me. The only reason she sad hi was because she is friends with a friend of mine.
    Besides there have been lots of times I wave thinking its for me but it not o.o.....
    12-15-2014 11:01 AM
    It happens to all of us at some point.
    12-15-2014 11:12 AM
    In my defense I didn't think she was waving hi to me. The only reason she sad hi was because she is friends with a friend of mine.
    Besides there have been lots of times I wave thinking its for me but it not o.o.....
    Your defense is as airtight as a slice of Swiss cheese.

Posted Approved 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 11:14 AM
    It happens to all of us at some point.

That's why I got only the habit of looking around when I get a distant wave
    12-15-2014 11:15 AM
    Oh I waved back :p that nobody had to worry about ;p
    12-15-2014 11:17 AM
    From the department of "you can always find something whenever you're not looking for it"...

So I was hunting for a stack of check books I bought from the back as the current one I was using just finished. My landlord used to let people pay online but they ran that system in such a faulty way they pulled that option completely. So I recycled a check and paid a few bills and was all set today to go to the bank to order a new stack.

So of course I went looking for something in my closet and out of the corner of my eye guess what I see? Lol.

Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 12-15-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2014 11:19 AM
    There's been a wage decline in the UK and apparently we're just hitting the levels in some areas (note some) back to pre 2007 levels. Affordability and wages are not aligned here. In Australia I know that the contracting wages have dropped significantly but I'm unsure about standard wages.

No idea about Canada.

As for degrees. One of the bigger issues lots of people are having currently is graduating with some degree and no positions being available. The other one I've run across in my field is recent grads being hired thinking their going to be 'managing' someone. Not realising that their at the bottom of the heap. :P Not sure what these colleges are putting in their heads lately.

Whether someone needs a degree or not depends on many things. A lot is placed on education these days, not that I'm against that, but is it really necessary for all jobs? Is a degree really necessary to make it in the design field that Muessig is in for example? I think if he wanted to run a business or have a good business mindset then yes it's worth it. But I think it isn't going to help his creativity that much unless he went to a well recognised school. What's the point of getting a degree for the heck of it? Get a good portfolio of work and people will seek you out or take risks, like moving to an area where there's more opportunity.

Here in the UK we also have the class issue which is a whole other problem in itself.
    Totally agree! My degree in the IT field has really helped me with nothing. Sure, I can get hired on at the bottom of the totem pole like you say, at a big corporation making chicken feed, but I make much more in the hospitality industry here in the U.S.
    Was my college education worth it? Yes, if course, but only by applying my knowledge to my own business (I repair, clean and build computers on the side) I don't know about other countries, but here in the States, you'll never make any money working for someone else unless you're really good at what you do, and stick it out for a long time. Self employment and starting your own business is the only way to ever "make it". I've been in the restaurant biz for almost 30 years and love it, (I'm a certified chef and general manager) and I do very well, but when my side business meets or exceeds my primary income, and I've saved up enough to open a real shop (I run my PC biz out of my garage at home), I'll be retiring from the former to focus 100% on the later.

I then may even start my own cooking show!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 11:20 AM
    Totally agree! My degree in the IT field has really helped me with nothing. Sure, I can get hired on at the bottom of the totem pole like you say, at a big corporation making chicken feed, but I make much more in the hospitality industry here in the U.S.
    Was my college education worth it? Yes, if course, but only by applying my knowledge to my own business (I repair, clean and build computers on the side) I don't know about other countries, but here in the States, you'll never make any money working for someone else unless you're really good at what you do, and stick it out for a long time. Self employment and starting your own business is the only way to ever "make it". I've been in the restaurant biz for almost 30 years and love it, (I'm a certified chef and general manager) and I do very well, but when my side business meets or exceeds my primary income, and I've saved up enough to open a real shop (I run my PC biz out of my garage at home), I'll be retiring from the former to focus 100% on the later.

I then may even start my own cooking show!
    Have you tried blogging about food? Putting up recipes, telling stories and exposing a bit of your personality?

Food is a big thing at the moment, especially over here in the UK. Anyone who can give a bit of themselves to their cause will do well. Celebrity chefs are raking it in over here.

All you need is a good angle to come from. Some imagination. A good personality and you're good to go.

If I had more time and was an actual chef I'd do it as well while things are still good.

On my Z3
    Ed Boland and MSFTisMIA like this.
    12-15-2014 11:29 AM
    Have you tried blogging about food? Putting up recipes, telling stories and exposing a bit of your personality?

Food is a big thing at the moment, especially over here in the UK. Anyone who can give a bit of themselves to their cause will do well. Celebrity chefs are raking it in over here.

All you need is a good angle to come from. Some imagination. A good personality and you're good to go.

If I had more time and was an actual chef I'd do it as well while things are still good.

On my Z3
    I've thought about it, and like you, there's never enough hours in a day. Also, you know the old saying "the shoemakers children go barefoot"? This is why I'm hoping to get out of the management job I have now within the next couple of years. Then I'll have more time to focus on my own thing. I've got big ideas.... ;)
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    12-15-2014 11:44 AM
    Also, back on the degree thing, I personally know about 5 people who've attained at least a B.S. and are looking for work... my girlfriend is one of them.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 11:47 AM
    Anyway, I think I'll go work on the links in my "Universal Games and Apps" thread now.. I'm off today, waiting for my laundry to finish.. then later we're going out to finish our Christmas shopping.

Oh btw! I put up Christmas lights finally last night. Bought 4 packs of "icicles" to go across the front of the house.

N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    12-15-2014 11:54 AM
    12-15-2014 11:55 AM
    Uh... yeah, sorry. I guess those pics are kinda large.
    12-15-2014 11:56 AM
    HDR anyone?

N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    12-15-2014 11:58 AM
    I've thought about it, and like you, there's never enough hours in a day. Also, you know the old saying "the shoemakers children go barefoot"? This is why I'm hoping to get out of the management job I have now within the next couple of years. Then I'll have more time to focus on my own thing. I've got big ideas.... ;)
    I understand. I'm doing a job now that I'm doing to keep money coming in. I like it but it's not my passion by a long shot. Doesn't help that the project I'm is boring as all hell either. :P I'm thinking of asking for a transfer to another project.

Unfortunately my passion is for breakfast and making bread. :P Neither pay well at this stage. :P We have plans to get a B&B up and running sometime in the future. Possibly try a supperclub or breakfast club before that.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-15-2014 12:05 PM
    Work is another form of slavery. We're just a different type of serf. :/

I don't know if I mentioned this before. I read something a while back. The quote was something like this "Most Americans don't consider themselves poor, they just haven't reached their potential as millionaires."

Most people don't realise that working is no way to gain independence or 'live'.
    That's some quote there.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 12:09 PM
    That's some quote there.

I wish I could remember it correctly but it was something along those lines.
    12-15-2014 12:12 PM
    I wish I could remember it correctly but it was something along those lines.
    It is that same attitude that keeps the rat race running here,and old money loves it because they don't have to work as hard as their millions get replenished.

When I did security work downtown (Wall St) some years ago, I always cracked up at how people acted. Some of the EVPs at the mid level were dipsticks with their attitude and when I met the folks on the board, they were the smoothest,most chill people ever. I remember being security at one of the luncheons and someone said that I should be in there with the movers and shakers, instead of being security outside. That told me all I needed to hear.

I only care about working smart to get to a point where I can make a difference and not starve financially in my personal life doing it.

Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 12-15-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-15-2014 12:22 PM
143,692 ... 37523753375437553756 ...