it has gotten better hasn't it .... that's what I got from wp8 to 8.1
    Better is a matter of opinion.

I personally believe that if MS had their way WP OS would be completely different than what it is now but they didn't count on the carriers being a pain.

I'm curious to see what they do next. I think W10 will be the last update for a lot of phones and I'm hoping that they keep the new lineup smaller. If I recall properly they said the updates were ready for 69 Lumias (not sure if that's just the EU). That's a lot of different models. No wonder why it takes so long. That needs to change.

Hopefully 2015 is a year of change for MS in a good way but we'll see...
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-20-2014 03:37 AM
    12-20-2014 04:01 AM
    I'm packing now to go to my native place...
    12-20-2014 04:01 AM
    So, I found the "catch" to that iPhone 4S I bought... It's locked to the previous users "find my iPhone" and itunes/icloud account. I only figured this out after trying to start fresh and restoring through itunes. Now it's stuck at activation and can't be activated without the previous owner's username and pass. The problem is the girl I bought it from at work.. she (or her husband) recently bought it from someone on Craigslist. So tracking down that original person might prove to be tricky.. huuurrr
    Might have to experiment with jailbreaking this thang!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-20-2014 07:30 AM
    The forked tongue of that other nation, one North Korea is backward in terms of technology and now they hacked into Sony! The is somewhere in the clouds!?
    To me.. (and this is just my personal opinion) "North Korea hacked into Sony" sounds exactly like "Saddam has WMD"
    ...that's all
    12-20-2014 07:34 AM
    Ed@work yaaaaaay
    12-20-2014 08:10 AM
    Yeah, so the way it sits right now, I have a $50 paperweight lol... I can't believe I didn't see that, I mean, I did, but thought "eh, I'll just wipe it and restore..." Well, I haven't used iTunes or an iPhone in a few years and obviously they've since up'd security measures with this "find my iPhone/icloud/activation lick" thing. *sigh* maybe I should make a post over at iMore and see what the guys over there have to say.

Any ideas?
    12-20-2014 08:53 AM
    Ewww btw, iTunes has changed quite a bit since the last time I used it... No wonder I wanted to switch to WP!
    12-20-2014 08:55 AM
    Ewww btw, iTunes has changed quite a bit since the last time I used it... No wonder I wanted to switch to WP!
    I can get you your $50 back as someone is looking for a good condition 4S for parts.
    12-20-2014 10:18 AM
    I can get you your $50 back as someone is looking for a good condition 4S for parts.
    Oh yeah? Lemme see if I can get ahold of the previous owner.. If not, I may take you up on that.
    12-20-2014 10:44 AM
    I could live without a start menu as well but there was too much backlash from users.

I still think they went about things the wrong way but that's my opinion.
    It's funny because when I try to use it like w8 I get frustrated that I can't use the charms menu and see all the apps :p. Then I remember that it's technical preview .
    12-20-2014 10:47 AM
    So, I found the "catch" to that iPhone 4S I bought... It's locked to the previous users "find my iPhone" and itunes/icloud account. I only figured this out after trying to start fresh and restoring through itunes. Now it's stuck at activation and can't be activated without the previous owner's username and pass. The problem is the girl I bought it from at work.. she (or her husband) recently bought it from someone on Craigslist. So tracking down that original person might prove to be tricky.. huuurrr
    Ouch ..and the girl didn't tell you . She's a shady person I say
    12-20-2014 10:48 AM
    Sorry Ed, lemons happen. I figured as much when you quoted the initial price. If all else fails, take up 99 on his offer

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    12-20-2014 11:37 AM
    Ouch ..and the girl didn't tell you . She's a shady person I say
    Nah, I honestly believe she really didn't know. She's as dumb as a box of rocks, bless her heart lol...

She doesn't know the difference between an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5 for one (which is why she bought this 4S thinking it was a 5), nor does she know the difference between an android phone and a windows phone. Yeah, it's that bad..
    12-20-2014 11:40 AM
    Nah, I honestly believe she really didn't know. She's as dumb as a box of rocks, bless her heart lol...

She doesn't know the difference between an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5 for one (which is why she bought this 4S thinking it was a 5), nor does she know the difference between an android phone and a windows phone. Yeah, it's that bad..
    Ah I guess stuff like that happens . At least it was 50$ :p
    MSFTisMIA and hope4wp like this.
    12-20-2014 04:27 PM
    So...today's the GF's mom's birthday, and as such we ordered her food because she was too busy getting her hair done to go to the restaurant with us. We've been trying to take to this restaurant for months, but its almost like pulling teeth. Good thing they let you order takeout.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    12-20-2014 05:36 PM
    Yeah, so I got my $50 back, and suggested to her that she try to get her money back as well. Maybe if she insists on getting her money back from the guy she bought it from, he'll suddenly "remember" how to log into his itunes/icloud/iWhatever account and remove the phone from his account.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-20-2014 05:56 PM
    That's interesting for both of you . Mia celebrating a bday and Ed getting his money back . Meanwhile I'm driving back and forth >.<
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-20-2014 08:14 PM
    I was planning to hard to reset my phone since the semester is over but since they pulled 6snap, im not going to do so
    12-20-2014 10:03 PM
    looks like its going to be a quite Saturday night for me :P
    12-20-2014 11:47 PM
    I was planning to hard to reset my phone since the semester is over but since they pulled 6snap, im not going to do so
    Oh yeah snapchat, I got the warning that they will ban my account if I don't stop using it on 3rd party apps. So I won't be using snapchat from my Lumia which is lame because I don't carry tablet around :( So if we don't get the official app than there is no chance that I'm buying WP next, snapchat has become important part of my life.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-21-2014 01:26 AM
    This is the issue with 3rd party apps. This why no one should have to rely on 3rd party apps. This is why WP will have issues gaining traction until the official apps come on board and are kept up to date.

No one seems to get this for some reason. All it would take is some API changes from the app makers and all of Rudy's apps stop working. That's not what you want to impress new users to your platform.

Thing is, as security becomes more and more an issue with apps and cloud services I can see 3rd party apps being shut down in time.

That's just my opinion though.
    12-21-2014 02:53 AM
    Problem is I started using WP way earlier than Snapchat. If I knew that I wouldn't have bought WP in the first place. I don't really care if Snapchat doesn't have all the functionality on WP I just want to have to be able to use it.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    12-21-2014 03:51 AM
    I won't ever use Snapchat, official or 3rd party, due to my concerns about privacy and security (which happen to be concerns of the FTC). Snapchat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like BBM, since it is secure. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...8-ab33834e16ef
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-21-2014 04:11 AM
    Well I don't really care about security. I just want an app that will work on WP
    12-21-2014 05:26 AM
144,450 ... 37743775377637773778 ...