That happens to me sometimes in transit when my data connection acts up as I try to quote a response...
    I think this is the 10th time it has happened.
    09-27-2013 07:25 AM
    So I'm listening to Nokia Music and I have the Alternative Rock mix going. Some good songs but there's one on there that probably has the worst singing voice I have heard in a long time. Song - Killed By an Angel, Artist - Sunny Day Real Estate. Never heard of them and I wish I could delete the song off the list!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-27-2013 07:25 AM
    So I'm listening to Nokia Music and I have the Alternative Rock mix going. Some good songs but there's one on there that probably has the worst singing voice I have heard in a long time. Song - Killed By an Angel, Artist - Sunny Day Real Estate. Never heard of them and I wish I could delete the song off the list!
    I used Nokia Music, it was alright, but as i've mentioned i use iTunes for my music so the only real way is to sync via the app on my Mac.
    09-27-2013 07:28 AM
    Never!!!
    09-27-2013 07:28 AM
    Never!!!
    Do you know that song??? I mean really??
    09-27-2013 07:29 AM
    I actually pulled out my 8X today and am rocking some K'naan while I sit here on the train, waiting to into NYC under the Hudson River. Watching the AMTRAK train pass by just now reminded me of Tuesday how due to Amtrak signal problems I was stuck in the Hudson River tunnel for 45mins.

The day is off to an interesting start...my coworker called out. my other coworker's (and good friend) daughter has been sick the last two days so she was out - no sure if she is in today. I've got the rookie we've been training for the past two weeks who cannot see patients on her own yet. Plus I have a doctor's appointment today (routine) before my dinner date. Looks like if it's just me and the rookie today I have to reschedule the Dr visit...decisions, decisions
    09-27-2013 07:33 AM
    I actually pulled out my 8X today and am rocking some K'naan while I sit here on the train, waiting to into NYC under the Hudson River. Watching the AMTRAK train pass by just now reminded me of Tuesday how due to Amtrak signal problems I was stuck in the Hudson River tunnel for 45mins.
    I wish I could stream music to work. As soon as I'm on the train I lose signal.

The day is off to an interesting start...my coworker called out. my other coworker's (and good friend) daughter has been sick the last two days so she was out - no sure if she is in today. I've got the rookie we've been training for the past two weeks who cannot see patients on her own yet. Plus I have a doctor's appointment today (routine) before my dinner date. Looks like if it's just me and the rookie today I have to reschedule the Dr visit...decisions, decisions
    Sounds like fun...

I haven't been in NYC since 2005. I got to make it back there some time except spend more time. I only stayed a couple of days both times I've been. I'd like to spend about a week or so to explore more. Maybe in a year or two. :)
    09-27-2013 07:38 AM
    I have a very romantic view towards living in the USA. But as a scientist I guess I wouldn't want to go there, then I wouldn't have much of a life anymore in general.
    09-27-2013 07:43 AM
    I have a very romantic view towards living in the USA. But as a scientist I guess I wouldn't want to go there, then I wouldn't have much of a life anymore in general.
    I find a lot of Europeans have a romantic view of the US. As a scientist I think you'd find it rather frustrating considering the constant cuts in funding. Unless you plan to work for the military or a drug company.
    09-27-2013 07:49 AM
    I find a lot of Europeans have a romantic view of the US. As a scientist I think you'd find it rather frustrating considering the constant cuts in funding. Unless you plan to work for the military or a drug company.
    I guess it's the movies and TV shows. And additionally I had some great holidays in the USA.

I don't think the American military wants to employ a Swiss nonentity like me...
    09-27-2013 07:55 AM
    Back after days here... SO MUCH to read. I prefer ignoring it. XD

I went for a Gaming competition today, COD4, Got second. Unfortunately no cash prize for 2nd one. :(

I failed my driving test. Who knew you have to extend hand as well while taking a uturn? :/ The guy was a total ******. :( Have to wait a week to give it again.

I tell you, sad days. :(

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2013 07:57 AM
    I almost moved to the US permanently a few years ago. Had a whole plan laid out with the company I was working with. Was going to head up a US branch. Had found suitable office space in Elizabeth NY and had even found a nice house in Westfield NY to buy. Had built up a list of contacts for picking up work as well so could have hit the ground running.

Directors thought it was a great idea. So much so that they took all my contacts, pinched a load of my ideas, went over to the US and opened up an office in New Orleans and put someone else in charge.

4 months after the move and after I had left that company due to feeling completely betrayed Katrina hit wiping out there investment.

Karma sure does make me smile sometimes.
    mpt15, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-27-2013 08:02 AM
    I almost moved to the US permanently a few years ago. Had a whole plan laid out with the company I was working with. Was going to head up a US branch. Had found suitable office space in Elizabeth NY and had even found a nice house in Westfield NY to buy. Had built up a list of contacts for picking up work as well so could have hit the ground running.

Directors thought it was a great idea. So much so that they took all my contacts, pinched a load of my ideas, went over to the US and opened up an office in New Orleans and put someone else in charge.

4 months after the move and after I had left that company due to feeling completely betrayed Katrina hit wiping out there investment.

haha.. That was interesting!!! I

feel sad for them... You'll find something better. :D

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    09-27-2013 08:04 AM
    Do you know that song??? I mean really??
    Nope :P

But it happen too me as well so it should happen to everyone else to get a bad song on the Nokia mix. :P
    09-27-2013 08:11 AM

The ending is the best but that totally sucked. I hate companies who do crap like that.
    09-27-2013 08:16 AM
    The ending is the best but that totally sucked. I hate companies who do crap like that.
    It sucked at the time but it was a valuable lesson to keep my ideas close to my chest in future.
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and Chregu like this.
    09-27-2013 08:22 AM
    I lime with you too
    09-27-2013 08:23 AM
    It sucked at the time but it was a valuable lesson to keep my ideas close to my chest in future.
    Understand totally. It's not always easy knowing who to trust.
    09-27-2013 08:24 AM
    I guess it's the movies and TV shows. And additionally I had some great holidays in the USA.

I don't think the American military wants to employ a Swiss nonentity like me...
    I won't get too political here, but depending on a few things, some of those romantic notions actually fit and can make living in the US and NYC a very pleasant experience. My NYC experience is a little bit different but I still like living here enough for right now.

For the record, if you're good at what you, the US Govt will hire you.
    Chregu and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-27-2013 08:47 AM
    Understand totally. It's not always easy knowing who to trust.
    You can trust me for I'm not a crook!
    Chregu likes this.
    09-27-2013 08:58 AM
    For the record, if you're good at what you, the US Govt will hire you.
    Well, for the next 4 years I think I'm set here :)

They seemed to like the cake. The one I thought was too long in the oven was actually almost perfect. And the almond cake I baked for the first time was also liked very much. So I'm quite pleased.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-27-2013 09:10 AM
    I just thank someone by mistake
    Have you ever like, paid someone by mistake?
    09-27-2013 09:29 AM
    I want you to know something come closer .......
    09-27-2013 09:29 AM
    Have you ever like, paid someone by mistake?
    Nope but im sure I don't always get the exact change sometimes so I just pay by debit card. 8-)
    09-27-2013 09:30 AM
    Nope but im sure I don't always get the exact change sometimes so I just pay by debit card. 8-)
    Mine is lying in the yard
    09-27-2013 09:45 AM
142,809 ... 377378379380381 ...