Getting ready to head off to work.. 13 hour shift today fml fml
    12-30-2014 06:56 AM
    Hopeful for an easy day at work today. Hopeful for the same for Ed on that long shift.

I really should take a vacation.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-30-2014 07:26 AM
    Looks like it's another quiet day here. I'm at work so I cannot blow the threads up again like I did last night.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-30-2014 08:46 AM
    Thanks Mia.. yeah, I can't hang on the site as much as I'd like to while I'm working either, but I'll be in and out...

Can't wait till my 1520 arrives!

Anyway, I'll check in on you guys laterz
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-30-2014 09:17 AM
    Thanks Mia.. yeah, I can't hang on the site as much as I'd like to while I'm working either, but I'll be in and out...

Can't wait till my 1520 arrives!

Anyway, I'll check in on you guys laterz
    Hopefully you got a good case for yours.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    12-30-2014 09:44 AM
    There appears to be no fireworks for new years here.
    New austerity measures are in effect?
    12-30-2014 10:20 AM
    It's like Sahib said, the folding clothes part that sucks the most about laundry.
    I actually don't mind it.
    12-30-2014 10:20 AM
    Hopefully you got a good case for yours.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    The new case makes the big OPO more manageable. Much better than the black Tudia case.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    12-30-2014 10:22 AM
    The new case makes the big OPO more manageable. Much better than the black Tudia case.
    Yup. My new case is the same and it looks like I've gotten the better bamboo case to go with it too. The OPO does feels much more manageable with the new cases.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    12-30-2014 11:05 AM
    I actually don't mind it.
    Whenever I want to be mindless, sure. But when it is a ton of clothes to fold, forget it.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    12-30-2014 11:06 AM
    Whenever I want to be mindless, sure. But when it is a ton of clothes to fold, forget it.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    I tend to do one or two loads at a time. I like dish washing as well, very therapeutic. Along with car washing and waxing the car. I'm not a big fan of yard work though.
    12-30-2014 11:29 AM
    I tend to do one or two loads at a time. I like dish washing as well, very therapeutic. Along with car washing and waxing the car. I'm not a big fan of yard work though.

That reminds me of "The Karate Kid".
    12-30-2014 12:02 PM
    id take yard work any day w/e weather than folding cloths :P
    12-30-2014 12:04 PM
    Speaking of beasts, I ran a couple benchmark apps to compare my new tablet (iPad Air 2) against my previous tablet (the Surface 2 RT), and the iPad completely killed it in every category. I know it was kind of a not fair comparison but... I just wanted to see. I should compare scores between it and a Surface Pro 3 i7 model, but there were no S3 Pros that had been tested in their database, only the RTs
    I bet the surface 3 would be faster :P!!! if there was a surface 3 :(
    12-30-2014 12:06 PM
    im not a big fan of the idea of android apps on wp .
    12-30-2014 12:07 PM
    im not a big fan of the idea of android apps on wp .
    Not many people are but Android apps are not that bad. Whether they work well is a different story. Official Android apps are safe.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2014 12:13 PM
    How's your time in Spain going, LaRue? Nice pics so far! Sounds like you've been doing a load of walking.

Yesterday I went to see the final Hobbit and today I'm off to Crewe.
    Barcelona has been good. I was a touch worried at first as I heard so many stories of people getting pick pocketed. They tried to get my wife but didn't get anything. They have interesting tactics.

We've been fine ever since though and have meet some nice people and gone to some great restaurants. We've seen some great sights too, even if they were a touch touristy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2014 12:16 PM
    Nice! You do recordings?
    I don't do recordings but I have recorded. Generally I prefer to hear the music I listen to in the way it was mixed / intended, which is why I'm upgrading my speakers.
    12-30-2014 12:23 PM
    Not many people are but Android apps are not that bad. Whether they work well is a different story. Official Android apps are safe.
    its not about security its all about how the apps with be developed. I prefer the wp ui on apps rather than on android, I don't like the android design language a lot.
    12-30-2014 01:05 PM
    So my replacement 1520 arrived! (I had it shipped here to my work) but I can't use it yet... because I have to go to a physical AT&T store and activate a new SIM card...

I guess I can connect to the wifi here at work though, and do all the updates and download all my apps right?
    Muessig and worldspy99 like this.
    12-30-2014 01:08 PM
    So my replacement 1520 arrived! (I had it shipped here to my work) but I can't use it yet... because I have to go to a physical AT&T store and activate a new SIM card...

I guess I can connect to the wifi here at work though, and do all the updates and download all my apps right?
    yeah do that first :P use it as a small tablet :P
    12-30-2014 01:17 PM
    its not about security its all about how the apps with be developed. I prefer the wp ui on apps rather than on android, I don't like the android design language a lot.
    I don't find android apps any worse than WP.

My main point was if they work well, if you took the time to read my post properly...
    12-30-2014 01:21 PM
    Barcelona has been good. I was a touch worried at first as I heard so many stories of people getting pick pocketed. They tried to get my wife but didn't get anything. They have interesting tactics.

We've been fine ever since though and have meet some nice people and gone to some great restaurants. We've seen some great sights too, even if they were a touch touristy.
    Pickpockets dislike me because when they pick my pocket, they're grabbing onto bills. I've got a policy - "you've taken a bill from my pocket, you're responsible paying for it".

On a serious note, I'm glad they didn't get anything from the wife.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-30-2014 01:30 PM

Yes.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    12-30-2014 01:30 PM
    I don't find android apps any worse than WP.

My main point was if they work well, if you took the time to read my post properly...
    Sahib skims man...thought you knew this already...

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    12-30-2014 01:31 PM
142,847 ... 38043805380638073808 ...