Did your credit card get charged or is it a free phone?
    Got charged the day it was placed. I'm keeping it anyway.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
    01-06-2015 09:26 AM
    Got charged the day it was placed. I'm keeping it anyway.

I thought that with a canceled order you might have got a refund.
    01-06-2015 09:28 AM
    Morning from the east coast U.S.!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 09:30 AM
    I thought that with a canceled order you might have got a refund.
    Apparently Lazada didn't actually cancel it. I had doubts yesterday when I called customer service, and it arrived earlier.

01-06-2015 09:30 AM
    I tell ya... Bluetooth stereo headsets are the way to go! No wires to get in the way!
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-06-2015 09:33 AM
    Morning Ed. Off to work for me.
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    01-06-2015 09:33 AM
    Hey I've seen that pic before using a different device though.
    Yup, when winter comes it has the same look in my neck of the woods...

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
    01-06-2015 10:01 AM
    Apparently Lazada didn't actually cancel it. I had doubts yesterday when I called customer service, and it arrived earlier.

How it is so far?

01-06-2015 10:02 AM
    MSFT, the new Apple or should I say the original?

I read the article and then some comments. Most people feel like you but of course there are defenders.

It would appear MS is gaining some sort of rabid fans. The idea that MS can't do anything right seems to be the biggest retort by them.
    Lol. I mean, if I was an armchair CEO for a second, I would have delayed the 830 a smidgen and just undercut the 930 sales (which probably aren't doing as well anyways) and dropped the 801 processor in their and still sell it for $50 less, just to get people a truly affordable flagship that could hold folks over until 2015. It would make the 930 and 1520 as niche products, but they already are. And it would make comparisons to the one for Windows more valid than they are now.

If MSFT was looking for a push into the lower markets, a 830 with that better processor and a cheaper price would do it. But, their arrogance knows no bounds. At least with the old Apple when they overcharged you, the experience was decent enough. The new Apple and MSFT are one and the same in my book these days. And then Google has the balls to try to follow these to some degree with their new Nexus pricing. Sigh.

These companies take some of us consumers as sheep and those rabid yet mindless defenders keep justifying these actions with their putrid defensive efforts. Simply appalling.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 10:08 AM
    Lol. I mean, if I was an armchair CEO for a second, I would have delayed the 830 a smidgen and just undercut the 930 sales (which probably aren't doing as well anyways) and dropped the 801 processor in their and still sell it for $50 less, just to get people a truly affordable flagship that could hold folks over until 2015. It would make the 930 and 1520 as niche products, but they already are. And it would make comparisons to the one for Windows more valid than they are now.

If MSFT was looking for a push into the lower markets, a 830 with that better processor and a cheaper price would do it. But, their arrogance knows no bounds. At least with the old Apple when they overcharged you, the experience was decent enough. The new Apple and MSFT are one and the same in my book these days. And then Google has the balls to try to follow these to some degree with their new Nexus pricing. Sigh.

These companies take some of us consumers as sheep and those rabid yet mindless defenders keep justifying these actions with their putrid defensive efforts. Simply appalling.

I agree completely with what you just said. I think the mindless followers are our biggest issue in the tech world today.
    01-06-2015 10:45 AM
    I've survived on less. I can't sleep on long distance flights so I typically don't get more than 2-3 hours.

I'm just annoyed that I'm going to work sick-ish in the new year. The cold I have is not that bad but it is disrupting my sleep.

Not a good way to start the New year :/ it's almost hump day you can make it without turning into a zombie 😎
    01-06-2015 11:00 AM
    Here you go Sahib...a light coating, complete with 19F temperature.

Posting 1+1 Style!

*sigh* all that wonderful snow and here is just sun 😐
    01-06-2015 11:02 AM

Morning from the west coast!😎
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:02 AM
    Not a good way to start the New year :/ it's almost hump day you can make it without turning into a zombie 😎
    It's a short week for me. Only three days so I'll live.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:09 AM
    Make that two now. :)
    01-06-2015 11:09 AM
    *sigh* all that wonderful snow and here is just sun 😐
    You can come and get it. While you're here, take that 9 degree weather with you.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 11:25 AM
    I agree completely with what you just said. I think the mindless followers are our biggest issue in the tech world today.
    That's the sad part. It is really hard to be fair and objective when knuckleheads like that remove the ability to debate honestly in such a manner.

01-06-2015 11:50 AM
    Make that two now. :)
    The day is just starting for me :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    01-06-2015 11:57 AM
    You can come and get it. While you're here, take that 9 degree weather with you.

I'd be able to deal with it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    01-06-2015 12:00 PM
    So my GF is a heavy, HEAVY Pinterest user... and I've been trying to participate and stay involved with her and her boards/interests... But you know what has terrible support, and for some reason just does NOT work well in IE11 on Windows Phone??? Pinterest!
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    01-06-2015 12:36 PM
    Good thing I've got that iPad!
    worldspy99 likes this.
    01-06-2015 12:36 PM
    I guess the "Pin it" third party app gets the job done fairly well
    01-06-2015 01:05 PM
    After reading this I think... ;)
    ... I did the right thing.
    So the thing is that I'm no longer WP user since today. I ordered Moto G 2014 from Amazon and it arrived today. Nothing special to say at the end. Snapchat pushed me into buying but there were quite many other apps I wasn't satisfied with on WP, eg. mostly non working Runtastic. So Lumia is going into drawer, waiting for W10, than I will probably test drive it for couple of days. I'm not necessarily gone forever, just until they sort this app situation, I know there will be some things I will miss but I feel I'm losing less than gaining.

01-06-2015 01:20 PM
    ... I did the right thing.
    So the thing is that I'm no longer WP user since today. I ordered Moto G 2014 from Amazon and it arrived today. Nothing special to say at the end. Snapchat pushed me into buying but there were quite many other apps I wasn't satisfied with on WP, eg. mostly non working Runtastic. So Lumia is going into drawer, waiting for W10, than I will probably test drive it for couple of days. I'm not necessarily gone forever, just until they sort this app situation, I know there will be some things I will miss but I feel I'm losing less than gaining.
    Welcome to the club. :) You picked a good phone so you'll have to tell us what you think. :)

Most of us who have switched feel the same way. Thing is as time goes by you miss WP less and less sadly.

There are some things that I wish android did similar to WP but those are minor. I wouldn't doubt there's ways to fix that but I haven't taken the time to sort it out.

Hour you enjoy your new phone!
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 01-06-2015 at 02:09 PM.
    Sport Driver and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-06-2015 01:51 PM
    So my GF is a heavy, HEAVY Pinterest user... and I've been trying to participate and stay involved with her and her boards/interests... But you know what has terrible support, and for some reason just does NOT work well in IE11 on Windows Phone??? Pinterest!
    My wife is crazy with Pintrest as well. I tried but gave up.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-06-2015 01:52 PM
143,641 ... 38243825382638273828 ...