... I did the right thing.
    So the thing is that I'm no longer WP user since today. I ordered Moto G 2014 from Amazon and it arrived today. Nothing special to say at the end. Snapchat pushed me into buying but there were quite many other apps I wasn't satisfied with on WP, eg. mostly non working Runtastic. So Lumia is going into drawer, waiting for W10, than I will probably test drive it for couple of days. I'm not necessarily gone forever, just until they sort this app situation, I know there will be some things I will miss but I feel I'm losing less than gaining. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...ca93cc2bb5.jpg
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...f05f94b044.jpg
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...8aa922095d.jpg
    Congrats on the new phone! I know what you mean by the apps. WP has enough to "get by" on, but since I got my new iPad Air 2, I've been reminded how much I miss, and are missing out on, on the other platforms.
    Sport Driver likes this.
    01-06-2015 02:12 PM
    My wife is crazy with Pintrest as well. I tried but gave up.
    I can keep up with her on the iPad, but with the 1520, it's just awkward.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 02:24 PM
    I'm writing test tomorrow so I didn't play with the phone as much as I wished so it's been mostly just set up to get me through tomorrow and I will play more with it later tomorrow. So far fair enough for the price, returning to home screen I notice lag, the icons have to load but that could be just Google launcher which isn't the best one so I'm trying Nova tomorrow. The pleasant surprise is camera, which fells better than on 820 and the LED notification, didn't expect it so I will live without Glance bit easier :)
    More about the phone in coming days :)
    01-06-2015 02:32 PM
    ... I did the right thing.
    So the thing is that I'm no longer WP user since today. I ordered Moto G 2014 from Amazon and it arrived today. Nothing special to say at the end. Snapchat pushed me into buying but there were quite many other apps I wasn't satisfied with on WP, eg. mostly non working Runtastic. So Lumia is going into drawer, waiting for W10, than I will probably test drive it for couple of days. I'm not necessarily gone forever, just until they sort this app situation, I know there will be some things I will miss but I feel I'm losing less than gaining. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...ca93cc2bb5.jpg
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...f05f94b044.jpg
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...8aa922095d.jpg
    Moto G is a nice get. Hope you enjoy it. I would like to own a moto again...but that'll wait until they use bigger batteries in their X line.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Sport Driver likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:01 PM
    I'm writing test tomorrow so I didn't play with the phone as much as I wished so it's been mostly just set up to get me through tomorrow and I will play more with it later tomorrow. So far fair enough for the price, returning to home screen I notice lag, the icons have to load but that could be just Google launcher which isn't the best one so I'm trying Nova tomorrow. The pleasant surprise is camera, which fells better than on 820 and the LED notification, didn't expect it so I will live without Glance bit easier :)
    More about the phone in coming days :)
    I thought it moto g had the active display (the moto x version of glance), but I could be wrong...

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Sport Driver likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:03 PM
    At least it was a Moto :p.good choice
    sent from my rare nokia lumia 810
    01-06-2015 03:12 PM
    While I wouldn't buy a phone for an app ( im not putting you down or anything ) but snapchat is a powerful tool that had tempted me to buy an iPhone because it would be nice to use snapchat out and about . Either way enjoy your new phone ✌
    Sport Driver likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:19 PM
    I thought it moto g had the active display (the moto x version of glance), but I could be wrong...

Posting 1+1 Style!
    It doesn't, probably because it has LCD screen.
    01-06-2015 03:27 PM
    While I wouldn't buy a phone for an app ( im not putting you down or anything ) but snapchat is a powerful tool that had tempted me to buy an iPhone because it would be nice to use snapchat out and about . Either way enjoy your new phone ✌
    Well it wasn't just snapchat, also Runtastic, had problems with FB messenger and at the end also with battery life which was horrible, hardly lasted a work day, before I got home.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:29 PM
    At least it was a Moto :p.good choice
    ? Now, which Android OEM are you hating on with this comment?

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:35 PM
    It doesn't, probably because it has LCD screen.
    Check XDA. Looks like they ported the apps to the moto G from the moto x...if you're so inclined.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Sport Driver likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:37 PM
    A couple other things I've been missing out on with WP and the Windows app store, are all the recording/DAW (digital audio workstation) apps. Sure, I can run full fledged x86/x64 applications like ProTools, Cakewalk Sonar, or Reason on my desktop PC, or my laptop (or on a full windows tablet like the Surface Pro 3 if I had one), but there's no touch based apps for WP/RT for a truly portable recording studio solution. With the iPad, I have access (once again) to tons of synthesizer, effects, amp modelers, Garage Band and other touch based DAWs, etc etc.

Then there's certain social platform apps that WP just doesn't seem like it'll ever get. I don't use Snapchat, but that's one if them. And then as mentioned above, Pinterest! All we get are the third party offerings which just aren't the same. Instagram beta? *sigh*..

And then there's all the games... WP has it's fair share yes, like Age of Empires - Castle Siege, a worthy answer to Clash of Clans, and in some ways, it's much better than.. But it's still not Clash of Clans! Other games like Candy Crush Saga (which I could care less about) come too late. They've already been forgotten about on the other platforms, while they've moved in to the next big thing.

Ok, that's my WP rant.. I'm done now! lol with all that said, I still love (or really enjoy having) my Windows Phone! I'm not going anywhere! But I sure am glad I'm able to afford the luxury of having both! (WP and iOS)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:37 PM
    There's no "app gap" in this household! lol
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    01-06-2015 03:40 PM
    So it's that weird time of year in Florida when we use the air conditioning during the daytime, and the heat at night.
    sinime likes this.
    01-06-2015 03:48 PM
    So it's that weird time of year in Florida when we use the air conditioning during the daytime, and the heat at night.
    It's kind of like that a lot in TX... Although I love the winter electric bills... $114 vs. $225+ in the summer. And people think I'm crazy keeping it at 71 in the summer and around 68 in the winter
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-06-2015 04:18 PM
    I see MSFT is in rare form...selling the unlocked international 830 for $499. Man, I always knew they were arrogant and this shows it even more...

Posting 1+1 Style!
    To continue this discussion a bit further...
    Lumia 930 available for $385 from Expansys USA....I mean what the heck!
    Nokia Lumia 930 Smartphone RM-1045 (Unlocked, Black) #A00018893 - Expansys USA
    01-06-2015 04:19 PM
    How it is so far?

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
    I just woke up. I'll be posting a review at the other side of the fence....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-06-2015 04:38 PM
    500 bucks for an 830? WTH..
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-06-2015 05:13 PM
    Actually it would be closer to $545 after taxes for us in California. The Expansys version would be no tax either....
    I could pick it up in Asia for less than half the price that MSFT is selling it for...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-06-2015 05:16 PM
    ? Now, which Android OEM are you hating on with this comment?

Posting 1+1 Style!
    None :p all the andriod oems have their strong suits. But I'm not a fan of Google

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830
    01-06-2015 05:25 PM
    That is strange o.O

Ed Boland likes this.
    01-06-2015 05:27 PM
    O.o I bought mine for 150 less

01-06-2015 05:27 PM
    I really do wish this cold of mine to go soon...
    01-06-2015 05:39 PM
    Anyway, I'm going to try to get some sleep without waking myself up or anyone else for that matter.
    01-06-2015 05:47 PM
    Anyway, I'm going to try to get some sleep without waking myself up or anyone else for that matter.
    Feel better soon. Did you drink that hot tea?
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-06-2015 06:40 PM
144,483 ... 38253826382738283829 ...