Morning folks. It is cold outside and I'm dragging my feet to go to work.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-08-2015 06:19 AM
    I see both the 930 and 830 went gold. Pity they didn't update the chip sets whole doing it.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    azcruz and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-08-2015 06:21 AM
    Well...my OPO shoots in RAW (both the 16 and the 64 GB models) and so does the 1520. At this point I wouldn't use that because I lack the skills and the post processing software at home. I certainly would use that after taking a photography class and getting the software. From then on, I'd be inclined to take my super important photos using that format only.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    I agree with taking photos that matter with RAW format. That would make sense. I just don't see it being a the 'norm'. I read on another site that state most people who have a DSLR rarely switch it off Auto and don't know what RAW is.

The key factor with RAW is knowing how to edit it properly. I agree that having training in software and how to achieve the best results is a good idea. Sure you can muck about but why not do it right?

My workshop didn't go into the software much but the trainer did encourage us to use RAW but also felt that for most situations JPEG is fine.

I've heard rumours that Sony will allow RAW with 5.0. :) I probably do the same as you and save it for important shots. :)

Keeping in mind that a RAW image is about 5x bigger than a JPEG one. So in my case the average picture is about 3MB with RAW it will be over 15MB.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2015 07:18 AM
    I see both the 930 and 830 went gold. Pity they didn't update the chip sets whole doing it.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    If only....

Then again, people who own WPs are proud the OS runs buttery smooth on the low/old hardware... How dare you say that WP needs better hardware! Get a 1520 if you want the best experience.. oh... you have one... :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2015 07:20 AM
    I got an invite for the OPO....
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2015 07:21 AM
    Getting one?

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
    01-08-2015 07:27 AM
    Getting one?

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
    No I'm happy to be a one phone type of person. I still have my L920 as well which I'm waiting for Denim, not that I expect much from that.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2015 07:28 AM
    No I'm happy to be a one phone type of person. I still have my L920 as well which I'm waiting for Denim, not that I expect much from that.
    Now I feel guilty. Ha ha. Two Android phones, two iPhones, and two Windows phones.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    01-08-2015 07:30 AM
    Morning gang...
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-08-2015 07:33 AM
    I agree with taking photos that matter with RAW format. That would make sense. I just don't see it being a the 'norm'. I read on another site that state most people who have a DSLR rarely switch it off Auto and don't know what RAW is.

The key factor with RAW is knowing how to edit it properly. I agree that having training in software and how to achieve the best results is a good idea. Sure you can muck about but why not do it right?

My workshop didn't go into the software much but the trainer did encourage us to use RAW but also felt that for most situations JPEG is fine.

I've heard rumours that Sony will allow RAW with 5.0. :) I probably do the same as you and save it for important shots. :)

Keeping in mind that a RAW image is about 5x bigger than a JPEG one. So in my case the average picture is about 3MB with RAW it will be over 15MB.
    Agreed. Taking a photog class is on my short list for sure.

Personally I like having the 64GB internal storage. I realize I only use half for true data and keep a chunk of the remainder free for backups. If I went back to a setup like the Z2 (16GB+ microSD), I'm keeping the bare minimum of apps onboard now that I have an Android tab.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    01-08-2015 07:34 AM
    Morning gang...
    Mornin' Ed (tips hat).

Posting 1+1 Style!
    01-08-2015 07:34 AM
    Now I feel guilty. Ha ha. Two Android phones, two iPhones, and two Windows phones.

Lol. In my house I've got iPhone, 1 WP, 1 Android, 1 Android phablet, 1 Android tab and one windows transformer.

Nothing to be be ashamed of there.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    azcruz and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-08-2015 07:36 AM
    If only....

Then again, people who own WPs are proud the OS runs buttery smooth on the low/old hardware... How dare you say that WP needs better hardware! Get a 1520 if you want the best experience.. oh... you have one... :P
    GTF outta here with that mess! Lol. And these are the same folks who like to **** on the HTC M8 too when it has the newer chip set and the biggest battery on a WP model under 6".

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-08-2015 07:38 AM

We're all different. :) It's good. :)
    azcruz and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-08-2015 07:39 AM
    About time...

Posting 1+1 Style!
    01-08-2015 07:39 AM
    GTF outta here with that mess! Lol. And these are the same folks who like to **** on the HTC M8 too when it has the newer chip set and the biggest battery on a WP model under 6".

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Thought you'd like that. :P

I'm a bit tired hearing that nonsense myself. Along with the usual bashing of Android thrown in.
    01-08-2015 07:41 AM
    So here I am, minding my business and going to work slower than usual (it's a Thursday, so I can do that if I have no morning meetings)...only to hit NJ transit rails to find out overhead wire problems made everything late.

I tell you, they've sucked over the two years I've been using them, especially after Sandy hit the area.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    01-08-2015 07:41 AM
    About time...

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Yeah but I don't need it. So it's a bit of a waste.
    01-08-2015 07:42 AM
    Thought you'd like that. :P

I'm a bit tired hearing that nonsense myself. Along with the usual bashing of Android thrown in.
    It is unnecessary. Really is. Especially the Android lags argument.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE and Sport Driver like this.
    01-08-2015 07:42 AM
    Yeah but I don't need it. So it's a bit of a waste.
    Don't feel bad for OnePlus. They've actually sold 1 million units, especially since they projected to sell only 50k. Good for them.

I like my OPO. I'd only move it for a Z2/Z3. I was bitterly disappointed that moto x 2014 has the similar sized battery as the 930. I was really looking forward to that phone - would have bought it if it had a 2800mah battery and no waterproofing.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    01-08-2015 07:50 AM
    Perhaps, but it's ok. No big deal. :)
    Well you can always post a review here...
    01-08-2015 08:55 AM
    i got my chicken wings, PowerAde , comfy chair , texting my friend . this night is a good night
    Snapchatting with your Taco Bell friend?
    01-08-2015 08:56 AM
    i got my chicken wings, PowerAde , comfy chair , texting my friend . this night is a good night
    What, no eating muffins?
    01-08-2015 08:57 AM
    Morning folks. It is cold outside and I'm dragging my feet to go to work.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    In that weather anyone would have to drag their feet...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-08-2015 08:58 AM

Posting 1+1 Style!
    Even more pity is that they didn't drop the price of the 830...would be nice to get bling on the cheap...
    01-08-2015 08:59 AM
144,463 ... 38323833383438353836 ...