WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I don't think Microsoft is on a high...

I could write so much about this, but I think buying an iPhone or an Android device will be enough regarding their Windows Phone plans.

Well, when the Xbox One will be released here in September the PS4 will already have its market share, and it will be the better console. Now I wrote something.

However rational Microsoft's reason for all of this, they have the crappiest PR ever. All the left promises seem to me like mockery. Towards pretty much everybody including the company itself.

Let's see where they are heading, and I will enjoy the competition's products while doing so.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't think Microsoft is on a high...

I could write so much about this, but I think buying an iPhone or an Android device will be enough regarding their Windows Phone plans.

Well, when the Xbox One will be released here in September the PS4 will already have its market share, and it will be the better console. Now I wrote something.

However rational Microsoft's reason for all of this, they have the crappiest PR ever. All the left promises seem to me like mockery. Towards pretty much everybody including the company itself.

Let's see where they are heading, and I will enjoy the competition's products while doing so.

There's a lot about WP I still like. The high end Lumias have some of the best, if not the best, smartphone cameras on the market. My 920 was good, the 925 is slightly better, and I often what i could do with a 930/1520 or even a 1020 camera.

My concern is that I don't see the arc of progress as cleanly with WP as you can with Android and iOS. Buying Nokia was ultimately necessary but a setback for the OS. MSFT's weaknesses have been carrier relationships and they haven't done anything to fix that. They're still using the exclusive model of 4 years ago.

They better know what they're doing as they may look like RIM...a hangers on type. I may get one of the newer handsets in a few months but unless the prices get very competitive, and more importantly, their software and aftercare improves, they've got little shot unless they have something earthshaking.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I also still like Windows Phone. And maybe I'll come back to it in a year or two.

My mother wrote me that her Lumia 620 broke, so I told her to ask my brothers for a phone with Whatsapp that I can send it in. Now I'm visiting her but she's not home yet.

Two interesting things:

The replacement she got is a Galaxy Note, I looked it up. 5.3 inches screen. However I look at it I can't get used to this size. It's huge.

The second thing, I plugged her Lumia in and started it. Nothing out of the ordinary happened... It just started and is running fine now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's a lot about WP I still like. The high end Lumias have some of the best, if not the best, smartphone cameras on the market. My 920 was good, the 925 is slightly better, and I often what i could do with a 930/1520 or even a 1020 camera.

My concern is that I don't see the arc of progress as cleanly with WP as you can with Android and iOS. Buying Nokia was ultimately necessary but a setback for the OS. MSFT's weaknesses have been carrier relationships and they haven't done anything to fix that. They're still using the exclusive model of 4 years ago.

They better know what they're doing as they may look like RIM...a hangers on type. I may get one of the newer handsets in a few months but unless the prices get very competitive, and more importantly, their software and aftercare improves, they've got little shot unless they have something earthshaking.

I agree with all this. However, even though I still like my L920 camera they managed to screw up the camera software which caused me and others to hard reset our phones in hopes of fixing it.

My main concern is that neither Nokia or MS performed well since I purchased a WP. Both have provided issues with my experience and even with the WP8.1 it's not exactly motoring ahead like I'd hoped it would. Cyan is taking forever to roll out. Developers haven't released updates to work with WP8.1 and many are still in Beta. What's with the f'in Beta nonsense anyway? Why do they have two f'in versions of the software running at the same time???

What I want is a hardware that works and makes the experience swift and sleek and I want an OS that caters to my needs in a timely manner. At this stage WP is providing neither. This why I'm seriously considering either a Sony (BP you watching?) or Nexus 6. Unless WP manages to pull a miracle in the next 5 months I'll be on an Android phone next year or sooner.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Surprised to see you pop in on a Sunday. And here I thought I had to go Sahib and post like crazy, talking about different topics on a quiet spell...

I still may do that, but now if I choose not to, it's cool.

This Sunday is a bit of slow one for me. :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll give my 8X to my mother in autumn. It works the same as her Lumia and I have never any issues. Also, most of the hardware was just recently replacement, it's practically a new phone.

On her Lumia the screen is often unresponsive, and the phone really didn't work anymore. My brother took out the SIM to look at the size, I guess that was the trick, however they didn't try again starting it up afterwards.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll give my 8X to my mother in autumn. It works the same as her Lumia and I have never any issues. Also, most of the hardware was just recently replacement, it's practically a new phone.

On her Lumia the screen is often unresponsive, and the phone really didn't work anymore. My brother took out the SIM to look at the size, I guess that was the trick, however they didn't try again starting it up afterwards.

Maybe she'll like the Note 3. :p

I've heard that some low end Nokia's don't work very well. It probably needs a hard reset after the Cyan update.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Maybe she'll like the Note 3. :p

I've heard that some low end Nokia's don't work very well. It probably needs a hard reset after the Cyan update.

It's the Note 1, and there's no Cyan update for her phone yet ;-)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree with all this. However, even though I still like my L920 camera they managed to screw up the camera software which caused me and others to hard reset our phones in hopes of fixing it.

My main concern is that neither Nokia or MS performed well since I purchased a WP. Both have provided issues with my experience and even with the WP8.1 it's not exactly motoring ahead like I'd hoped it would. Cyan is taking forever to roll out. Developers haven't released updates to work with WP8.1 and many are still in Beta. What's with the f'in Beta nonsense anyway? Why do they have two f'in versions of the software running at the same time???

What I want is a hardware that works and makes the experience swift and sleek and I want an OS that caters to my needs in a timely manner. At this stage WP is providing neither. This why I'm seriously considering either a Sony (BP you watching?) or Nexus 6. Unless WP manages to pull a miracle in the next 5 months I'll be on an Android phone next year or sooner.

Short list: Sony Z1 Compact, Sony Z2, LG G3
Future devices: Sony Z3 compact, Sony Z3, Moto X+1, Nexus 6

If you like a light and unobtrusive skin, outside of the Nexus line, Sony and Moto have it. If you like a smaller device, Moto has it or the Z1/Z3 Compact. Of you don't mind a bigger phone, Z2 and maybe the Z3 or Nexus 6. If you want an all on one, the G3 is the best out now.

The cameras on the models that are out are OK. Your 920 smokes the Moto X (so does my 8X), and is just as good as the Sony models, since the Z1/Z1Compact/Z2 uses the exact same camera. If the camera is important you may want to wait until you see how the newer models fare. I enjoy my Z Ultra so if you can get a Sony at a good price their stuff is a nice buy. My Z Ultra and the Z1Compact have been getting updates very quickly. Everyone has gone WP like flat in their UI design so I'm curious to see what Sony does.

Posted via Princely Purple Z Ultra

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss