I honestly think the weight of the phone is the very least concerning issue there could be.
    You'd be surprised how much people care about weight. When the L920 came out that's all anyone talked about.

Overall design (if it looks pretty) is important and weight. From a specs perspective. Battery life is #1 for most people, second is user experience, this includes apps. Camera sits third.

I have no data to back that up but that's my general feel about things.
    01-13-2015 08:18 AM
    You'd be surprised how much people care about weight. When the L920 came out that's all anyone talked about.

Overall design (if it looks pretty) is important and weight. From a specs perspective. Battery life is #1 for most people, second is user experience, this includes apps. Camera sits third.

I have no data to back that up but that's my general feel about things.
    The only people I heard talking about it were the tech reviewers. I don't think that's something any real consumer would actually care about. I think design and specs are going to sit right upfront, then UX, battery life, camera
    01-13-2015 08:22 AM
    The only people I heard talking about it were the tech reviewers. I don't think that's something any real consumer would actually care about. I think design and specs are going to sit right upfront, then UX, battery life, camera
    Being the owner of L920 I'm happy it's no longer my daily driver. It was like carrying a brick around. So they were right about the weight. Most L920 users may not complain but when they get a new phone I have little doubt they'd want something lighter.

Overall design is always the most important thing, but since everyone has light phones it will be a consideration when 'trying' them out. Unless you love WP already and don't care it will be a consideration. Where UX and battery life sits is debatable. I'm glad we agree with camera not being first as there are people who seem think it's #1..
    01-13-2015 08:37 AM
    Being the owner of L920 I'm happy it's no longer my daily driver. It was like carrying a brick around. So they were right about the weight. Most L920 users may not complain but when they get a new phone I have little doubt they'd want something lighter.

Overall design is always the most important thing, but since everyone has light phones it will be a consideration when 'trying' them out. Unless you love WP already and don't care it will be a consideration. Where UX and battery life sits is debatable. I'm glad we agree with camera not being first as there are people who seem think it's #1..
    For me personally, camera is something that's very high up, but I don't necessarily see it being something people put as a number one priority. However, I think Microsoft could use it as a selling point though, brag about the camera. It could still be a wow factor and a selling point
    01-13-2015 08:39 AM
    Make it at least 3000mAh battery and I'm in. True all day battery life is becoming more and more standard, and one the Icon lacks that I can't stand. Also, 1080p isn't enough to wow anybody (even though they realistically won't know the difference...)
    They can get away with 1080p and a 2800mah if they price it 1+1 style. Plus, the 805 chip can help, especially in a thinner design.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    01-13-2015 09:26 AM

On my priority list:

1) Battery life
    2a) Music experience
    2b) Storage space
    3) Availability of the apps I use (or OS natural ability to offset those apps)
    4) Camera

On my preferred list:

1) nice design
    2) waterproofing
    3) wireless charging
    4) quality screen

Android is my daily driver for now because it covers those better than WP. Especially on the priority list.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    01-13-2015 09:32 AM

Didn't mind the brick nature of the 920. What I didn't like was the battery.

Posting 1+1 Style!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-13-2015 09:33 AM
    G'day gents... Happy Tuesday to all!
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-13-2015 10:17 AM
    So what's new?
    01-13-2015 10:21 AM
    What's new ...phone talk . Honestly I think the blend between polycarbonate and aluminum band around the phone is a good start . They could start using the 830 thinness , put the 930 internals ( soc 805 or 810 ) 1080p , 2500maH battery or more , 20mp camera , and to top it.off amoled screen 😁
    sent from my rare green linux 830
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-13-2015 10:56 AM
    So I know you are all thinking " sahib doesn't know what muffines are " and yes I do know what they are im playing along with it :p sheesh 😅
    01-13-2015 10:57 AM
    G'day gents... Happy Tuesday to all!

Sup...I would of liked to sleep in one more hour but oh well 8am is a good time to wake up
    01-13-2015 10:58 AM
    So I know you are all thinking " sahib doesn't know what muffines are " and yes I do know what they are im playing along with it :p sheesh
    I had that feeling but I was giving your ignorance the benefit of the doubt. :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-13-2015 10:59 AM
    So what's new?
    I'm done with grades for this semester( we only have 2), it was philosophy time and it want better than expected. I have also been using Moto for a week now and hopefully I will be able to write short review about it in coming days :)
    N_LaRUE, Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    01-13-2015 11:26 AM
    It's been an slightly interesting day.

A coworker of mine that I met in Australia (originally from the UK) is planning to return and has a potential job at my company. They were the one that held me a bit with connections when I first moved to the UK. Funny how things go round.

I put in s good word for them of course.

The other good news is that my accountant sent back my taxes and it looks like a refund! Which is cool!
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    01-13-2015 11:40 AM
    I'm at work myself... Blah
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-13-2015 11:46 AM
    This 1520 that I am playing with is stupid fast...
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-13-2015 11:48 AM
    Okay off to a meeting for the rest of the day.
    01-13-2015 11:49 AM
    Predictive typing on WP is miles ahead of the competition.
    sahib lopez and Ed Boland like this.
    01-13-2015 11:49 AM
    Love the screen on this sucker!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-13-2015 11:50 AM
    I'm done with grades for this semester( we only have 2), it was philosophy time and it want better than expected. I have also been using Moto for a week now and hopefully I will be able to write short review about it in coming days :)

For a minute I thought you said " im going to write up and essay on the Moto " good thing I re read it :p
    01-13-2015 11:53 AM
    I like the predicted texts on WP way better than IOS ( can't say about android since I haven't had much play time with android ) I turned it off in my iPod since it never got any of them right .
    01-13-2015 11:57 AM
    Android Swype is good but predictive typing is not as good as WP.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:01 PM
    For a minute I thought you said " im going to write up and essay on the Moto " good thing I re read it
    To be fair I would rather write about Moto than about 20th century literature
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:40 PM
    Android Swype is good but predictive typing is not as good as WP.
    It's miles ahead of WP in Slovene, mostly because there is no text prediction for Slovene language on WP
    01-13-2015 12:41 PM
143,653 ... 38573858385938603861 ...