WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WPC 10K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well guys my time has come. After being unable to get the 925/1020 to replace my faulty 920, I have had to take the offer of the HTC One. Android awaits.

Good luck sir. Hope you get a Lumia 520 as a spare and visit us from time to time. The One is a nice phone and probably something I'd get too if I was looking for a high end Android (either this or the Z1 for me).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So glad not to have any meetings today. I'd be sure to fall asleep in them. I'm having issues doing that at my desk and the keyboard imprint on face look isn't a good fashion statement.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

If someone offered me a HTC One I would have to accept it too. :p

Good question though...

Just asking out of interest - in no way bashing the HTC One here - just not sure if I missed the backstory as to why that was the only option and why a 925/1020 couldn't be a replacement.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just asking out of interest - in no way bashing the HTC One here - just not sure if I missed the backstory as to why that was the only option and why a 925/1020 couldn't be a replacement.

I haven't seen anything about it before that post either.

I knew you weren't bashing it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

6 warranty repairs since getting the phone in the end of January (I had a thread detailing the progress of this debacle as it happened). Phones4U said "Ok, we'll take your 920 off you and let you take home either a Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy S3, or HTC One". I was able to get offered a HTC 8X but I would consider that a serious haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience if I did that and they wouldn't offer me a 925/1020 for it. The One was the only one I considered worth it from that. But the offer was there for like 3-4 months before finally accepting in an attempt to try and blag myself the 925/1020. But it didn't pay off. Besides, the One is fantastic and I'm getting a red one (stock permitting).

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

6 warranty repairs since getting the phone in the end of January (I had a thread detailing the progress of this debacle as it happened). Phones4U said "Ok, we'll take your 920 off you and let you take home either a Sony Xperia Z, Samsung Galaxy S3, or HTC One". I was able to get offered a HTC 8X but I would consider that a serious haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience if I did that and they wouldn't offer me a 925/1020 for it. The One was the only one I considered worth it from that. But the offer was there for like 3-4 months before finally accepting in an attempt to try and blag myself the 925/1020. But it didn't pay off. Besides, the One is fantastic and I'm getting a red one (stock permitting).

Wait a minute - 6 warranty repairs to a Nokia handset and you wanted another Nokia in exchange but consider an 8x a "haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience"

I can see why you picked the HTC One but after 6 warranty repairs there would be no way I would want another Nokia.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Messy but at least you get a good phone at the end.

I'm not sure why they don't seem to mind losing customers. I think Phones 4U are the worst when it comes to customer service and don't get me started on EE....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wait a minute - 6 warranty repairs to a Nokia handset and you wanted another Nokia in exchange but consider an 8x a "haemorrhaging of my Windows Phone experience"

I can see why you picked the HTC One but after 6 warranty repairs there would be no way I would want another Nokia.

I couldn't agree more. A lot of people on this forum go on and on about how great the hardware is and blame the OS for everything. Truth is a lot of it is hardware related or firmware related. I would have given up after 2 times. I don't have much tolerance and I'm not overly brand loyal.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Messy but at least you get a good phone at the end.

I'm not sure why they don't seem to mind losing customers. I think Phones 4U are the worst when it comes to customer service and don't get me started on EE....

They offered to change the handset after the 4th repair (of which they only did 2, Nokia did the other 2). They did that back in April or May. It's taken me this long to accept though. They did go out of their way to say I bought SIM-free.

Because value added extras in terms of software and exclusives on the HTC 8X... Well, I don't think there really is anything. Nokia however have so many exclusives. And I still want a 1020 so may sell the One to buy it.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

They offered to change the handset after the 4th repair (of which they only did 2, Nokia did the other 2). They did that back in April or May. It's taken me this long to accept though. They did go out of their way to say I bought SIM-free.

That rubbish services, I sent my device back twice to Nokia and nothing got done so I'm just waiting for a SONY device to come out on WP.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't agree more. A lot of people on this forum go on and on about how great the hardware is and blame the OS for everything. Truth is a lot of it is hardware related or firmware related. I would have given up after 2 times. I don't have much tolerance and I'm not overly brand loyal.

Me neither. If my 8x keeps playing up and going to see if I can exchange for an AtivS as this is my second 8x. Love the phone but its not much good to me if its starting to have the same problems my first one did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786