The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I got the Walkman one but nothing for the camera. Any idea what the bug fixes for the camera are? I've heard rumours that with 5.02 they'll allow RAW on the Sony. That seems to appeal to a lot of people because they hate the logarithm.
    Gotta research that. Its about time they added RAW support...it's not like the camera wasn't capable of doing it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-30-2015 12:19 PM
    The only thing that annoys me on the Z3 is MMS doesn't work...this is why I don't like carrier phones, even the carrier unlocked ones. Give me a straight CV or the virgin unlocked from the OEM.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    01-30-2015 12:20 PM
    no I have no idea but if its anything like digging holes then im down :3
    LOL! Another secret sadist. :P

No, you need to think this -

You're in cold weather and all rugged up. It's still snowing but you just go home from work. The snow is in the driveway and the plough has been through already blocking your drive way. The snow is wet and heavy.

You get your shovel out and start at where the plough has piled the snow about 2-3 feet at the end of your driveway. You can only do small shovel full because the snow weighs so much. By the time you're done clearing that part you're sweating from head to toe but you're freezing at the same time. You then need to clear the rest of the driveway because you have about 6" of wet heavy snow sitting there and if you don't clear it it will turn to ice when the temp drops. By the time you're done, if you don't take a break, you'll be out there for a good 1 to 2 hours. You'll be exhausted, sore back and ready for bed. It doesn't matter how fit you are.

In the morning, you have to clear another 3-4" before going to work...
    Sport Driver and sahib lopez like this.
    01-30-2015 12:24 PM
    The only thing that annoys me on the Z3 is MMS doesn't work...this is why I don't like carrier phones, even the carrier unlocked ones. Give me a straight CV or the virgin unlocked from the OEM.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    I never use MMS...
    01-30-2015 12:27 PM
    I never use MMS...
    I do, for work.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
    01-30-2015 12:41 PM
    LOL! Another secret sadist.

You're in cold weather and all rugged up. It's still snowing but you just go home from work. The snow is in the driveway and the plough has been through already blocking your drive way. The snow is wet and heavy.

You get your shovel out and start at where the plough has piled the snow about 2-3 feet at the end of your driveway. You can only do small shovel full because the snow weighs so much. By the time you're done clearing that part you're sweating from head to toe but you're freezing at the same time. You then need to clear the rest of the driveway because you have about 6" of wet heavy snow sitting there and if you don't clear it it will turn to ice when the temp drops. By the time you're done, if you don't take a break, you'll be out there for a good 1 to 2 hours. You'll be exhausted, sore back and ready for bed. It doesn't matter how fit you are.

Jup, that is the summary. But sahib, if you really love that snow and shoveling you should consider going to Canada for next winter going from house to house offering them to clean their drive way for money. You would probably have enough snow for the rest of your life and you will happily return to sunny California :)
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    01-30-2015 12:53 PM
    I'm going to get some shut eye. Bye!
    01-30-2015 01:05 PM
    LOL! Another secret sadist. :P

That sounds bleak and crappy :o I know I wouldt want to so that after coming back from a place . On top of that depressing since it gets dark by 5:30 .
    01-30-2015 01:21 PM
    Jup, that is the summary. But sahib, if you really love that snow and shoveling you should consider going to Canada for next winter going from house to house offering them to clean their drive way for money. You would probably have enough snow for the rest of your life and you will happily return to sunny California :)

I have to head to the mountains or look far off in the valley to see snow. Its so pretty :3
    01-30-2015 01:22 PM
    Afternoon folks.. (3pm here on the east coast U.S.)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-30-2015 02:08 PM
    One more hour of work, then I'm off for the rest of the day!
    01-30-2015 02:09 PM
    Really kinda tired today. Both physically, and mentally...
    01-30-2015 02:09 PM
    That sounds bleak and crappy :o I know I wouldt want to so that after coming back from a place . On top of that depressing since it gets dark by 5:30 .
    Keep in mind it gets darker earlier further north...
    01-30-2015 02:24 PM
    So I mentioned before how I'm surrounded by imbeciles here at work every day; here's a fine example:

We've got this guy working here that's been telling me for the last few days that he's going to be getting a "Windows Phone" soon. Of course I encouraged him, as he knows I use Windows Phone and always talk about it and my 1520.

Well, yesterday he came in on his off day (he and his wife :/) to show me his new "Windows Phone". He pulls it out of his pocket and I immediately recognize that it is definitely NOT a Windows Phone. "Umm, that's not a Windows Phone, that's an Android!" I explained. "Yes it is!" He argues back, with his wife chiming in along with him; "Yes it is! It's an HTC, and HTC is Windows Phones" o.O They continued insisting that this phone was a Windows Phone and went out to their car to get the box to "show me" (lol). His wife brings the box in and says "See! Windows Phone!", and points to the picture of the phone on the box, with the "square, window shaped... Uhmm "tiles"???

I had to walk out of the room...

01-30-2015 02:29 PM
    Where TF do these morons come from?
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-30-2015 02:31 PM
    I really need a career change....
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-30-2015 02:32 PM
    So I mentioned before how I'm surrounded by imbeciles here at work every day; here's a fine example:

We've got this guy working here that's been telling me for the last few days that he's going to be getting a "Windows Phone" soon. Of course I encouraged him, as he knows I use Windows Phone and always talk about it and my 1520.

Well, yesterday he came in on his off day (he and his wife :/) to show me his new "Windows Phone". He pulls it out of his pocket and I immediately recognize that it is definitely NOT a Windows Phone. "Umm, that's not a Windows Phone, that's an Android!" I explained. "Yes it is!" He argues back, with his wife chiming in along with him; "Yes it is! It's an HTC, and HTC is Windows Phones" o.O They continued insisting that this phone was a Windows Phone and went out to their car to get the box to "show me" (lol). His wife brings the box in and says "See! Windows Phone!", and points to the picture of the phone on the box, with the "square, window shaped... Uhmm "tiles"???

I had to walk out of the room...

https://vkrlyw.bn1301.livefilestore....Pro.jpg?psid=1
    Thanks Ed, I needed that laugh...

No surprised there...Boost mobile = Android. Surprisingly enough HTC still has a solid foothold in the Boost lineup. I see a fair amount of these HTCs. And because Boost rides Sprint, that also helps.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    Ed Boland likes this.
    01-30-2015 02:37 PM
    I really need a career change....
    This is why I'm in school...

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    01-30-2015 02:38 PM
    Where TF do these morons come from?
    "It is better to have folks think you're an i-d-i-o-t than to open your mouth and remove all shadow of a doubt."

Clearly some folks missed the day this lesson was being taught in school.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-30-2015 02:39 PM
    I mean, I understand not everyone knows the difference between different phones and different platforms.. and I'd never call someone an ***** for not knowing the difference, but I told them what is was... and what it wasn't, several times! Yet they continued to argue with me. Not to mention it's clearly printed right there on the box. And if they can't read, which evidently is a strong possibility, there's even a little green Android robot dude on the box as well! lol
    Last edited by Ed Boland; 01-30-2015 at 05:04 PM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-30-2015 03:26 PM
    You have no idea how many times that happened to me.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-30-2015 04:21 PM
    Headed to Japanese lesson. Today was an OK day...started out crappy but has gotten better. No complaints overall.

Still annoyed that MMS doesn't work on the Z3. I may eventually change the color and get either a copper or purple model. We'll see.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-30-2015 05:01 PM
    Headed to Japanese lesson. Today was an OK day...started out crappy but has gotten better. No complaints overall.

Still annoyed that MMS doesn't work on the Z3. I may eventually change the color and get either a copper or purple model. We'll see.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    So the MMS not working is due to the carrier or the phone itself?
    01-30-2015 05:05 PM
    Just booked one of our hotels for our trip to Norway. :)

We're planning a trip to Finland and then Norway. In Norway we're going from Oslo to Flam to Bergen. Should be good!
    01-30-2015 05:12 PM
    So the MMS not working is due to the carrier or the phone itself?
    Carrier ROM on the phone is the cause. That's also why WiFi tethering doesn't work.

Typically with a true CV or a true unlocked OEM, you put your SIM in, and as long as it is data active, it automatically downloads the settings - with or without a prompt. I plugged in my SIM in the Z Ultra and the settings automatically downloaded. I plugged my SIM into the Z3 and I had to manually enter the settings for data and MMS - a hallmark trait of a carrier branded phone.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    azcruz and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-30-2015 06:43 PM
142,796 ... 39403941394239433944 ...