That may be coming. :)

I'm looking forward to see what W10 on phones will be like. I have my L920 still to play with. :)
    Yeah looking forward to it as well - ive got twitter followers grouped into folders on a double wide tile - i can see when they've posted but its hard to read - large square would make it easier to glance at rather than opening the folder tile
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    02-04-2015 04:37 AM
    Yeah looking forward to it as well - ive got twitter followers grouped into folders on a double wide tile - i can see when they've posted but its hard to read - large square would make it easier to glance at rather than opening the folder tile
    I don't use twitter that often... didn't use it at all on WP really. I use it a touch more currently with a group I'm a part of.

Though a lot of people have made much of the tile thing I think a great innovation would be more widget like with it updating in real time and still have animations.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    02-04-2015 04:45 AM
    I don't use twitter that often... didn't use it at all on WP really. I use it a touch more currently with a group I'm a part of.

Though a lot of people have made much of the tile thing I think a great innovation would be more widget like with it updating in real time and still have animations.
    I can't not use twitter. Have to be on there almost daily to promote myself or others just to keep what i do in people minds.
    02-04-2015 04:57 AM
    I can't not use twitter. Have to be on there almost daily to promote myself or others just to keep what i do in people minds.
    Totally understand. Social media is a big part of marketing these days and it takes up a lot of time too. My wife is trying to get someone to do it for her community interest company on a volunteer basis.
    02-04-2015 05:01 AM
    I seriously need to talk to my lead to move my desk or when we do a desk move to put me away from the guy who bathes himself in cologne. It's giving me a headache... now along with the stuffed nose and watery eyes.
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    02-04-2015 05:05 AM
    I seriously need to talk to my lead to move my desk or when we do a desk move to put me away from the guy who bathes himself in cologne. It's giving me a headache... now along with the stuffed nose and watery eyes.

Lets hope your evil plan is successful.😈
    02-04-2015 05:19 AM
    Lets hope your evil plan is successful.
    Evil?

It's not evil but part of my necessary sanity and well being.
    02-04-2015 05:21 AM
    Evil?

It's not evil but part of my necessary sanity and well being.

I was being sarcastic.
    02-04-2015 05:22 AM
    Hmm do those other phones have all the sensor core stuff like the 1520/930 does? I'm trying think what would cause the battery hogging that the 1520 exhibits. I don't have anything to compare the battery life to other than my previous WPs (920, 1020) and all my previous iPhones... So to me, the 1520's mileage is pretty stellar.
    Not necessarily. I can only speak from my experience to say that bigger batteries can tend to lead to better performance. I think Nokia did a good job with the 1520 of really tweaking things and getting a good balance between battery life and performance. While one can argue that Android is a little more power hungry than WP, battery seems a bit better on the M8 for Windows than the 930, due to the newer chips and slightly bigger battery.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    02-04-2015 05:23 AM
    Odor absorber.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    02-04-2015 05:24 AM
    I was being sarcastic.
    I'm only evil sometimes. Most of the time I'm pretty passive.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-04-2015 05:24 AM
    Odor absorber.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    Yes I know you mentioned this. I should look into it. Just haven't had the chance. Still, there's a move coming so asking to be away from said individual as part of my well being should be accepted.
    02-04-2015 05:25 AM
    Odor absorber.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Absorb orders from the boss! Haha remember that?
    02-04-2015 05:26 AM
    Absorb orders from the boss! Haha remember that?
    Yes, as long as it takes the boss with it too...
    02-04-2015 05:28 AM
    Odor absorber.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    UK isn't big on these things for some reason.

I'm trying to find an unscented one
    02-04-2015 05:30 AM
    Morning folks. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I've decided to only install official updates for WP on my 930. I don't find the preview thing as exciting or interesting. If I had a 8X or 810, then sure. Otherwise, I'll just wait.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    Fire 29, Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    02-04-2015 05:30 AM
    Morning folks. Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but I've decided to only install official updates for WP on my 930. I don't find the preview thing as exciting or interesting. If I had a 8X or 810, then sure. Otherwise, I'll just wait.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

Me too. I'll wait for a so-called consumer preview.
    02-04-2015 05:32 AM

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    That's understandable. The only reason I'll do it is because I'm not using my L920.

There was someone on one thread who was checking every 30mins for the TP.... that's a bit OTT...
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    02-04-2015 05:32 AM
    Question for all:

Any tips in how to recover data for a corrupted word document (2003 Word format) from a USB drive?

I'm trying to recover a thesis draft for a friend after yelling at her as to WTF she was still saving this thing on a USB drive instead of on the cloud - especially since she has Office 365. And an iPad I bought her to boot.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    sahib lopez likes this.
    02-04-2015 05:33 AM
    UK isn't big on these things for some reason.

I'm trying to find an unscented one
    It would appear the Brits like to wallow in the smell of their own funk...

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    02-04-2015 05:35 AM
    That's understandable. The only reason I'll do it is because I'm not using my L920.

There was someone on one thread who was checking every 30mins for the TP.... that's a bit OTT...
    I just don't care for the hype anymore around updates. Apple created that anyways. My devices work just fine with their current software (except for my N7's lag), so I can wait for updates. There are more important things in life to be this anal about.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    02-04-2015 05:43 AM
    I just don't care for the hype anymore around updates. Apple created that anyways. My devices work just fine with their current software (except for my N7's lag), so I can wait for updates. There are more important things in life to be this anal about.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    I totally agree. I don't get the hype over wanting to install beta software on a daily driver. I don't see why you would want to do that. I don't get the excessive excitement over it either. The only reason I'm doing it is because I can.

As for the N7, I found after I did a reset that it works a lot smoother now. I have 5.02 installed. Apparently 5.1 is coming...
    Ed Boland likes this.
    02-04-2015 05:48 AM
    It would appear the Brits like to wallow in the smell of their own funk...

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    We have sprays and other things. Just odour absorbers seem to be in short supply. Especially unscented ones.
    02-04-2015 05:49 AM
    Question for all:

Any tips in how to recover data for a corrupted word document (2003 Word format) from a USB drive?

I'm trying to recover a thesis draft for a friend after yelling at her as to WTF she was still saving this thing on a USB drive instead of on the cloud - especially since she has Office 365. And an iPad I bought her to boot.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    You can try this - DataNumen Word Repair - Powerful Word recovery tool. Recover corrupt Word documents. Repair doc files.

Or online - https://online.officerecovery.com/word/

You can also try doing a scan on the USB drive to see if that helps at all. Check disk.

It's been a while since I had to do something like this.
    02-04-2015 05:54 AM
    I ❤ double tap to wake
    Ed Boland likes this.
    02-04-2015 05:55 AM
143,621 ... 39603961396239633964 ...