Yeah it happened to me too. Same age.
    all I know is that was wake up call to tell me ...sahib you are getting older
    02-11-2015 12:17 AM
    But you just said chemistry....
    Some Sahibisms are hard to understand, just like quantum physics...
    Depends. Watts is the power consumption, more wattage means a higher electric bill. But too low wattage and the brightness of the light might not be enough. You need to determine what lumen level lights do you want and then settle on the lowest wattage in that lumen range to get the most efficient bulb.
    I'll stop blubbering about bulbs now😀
    You'll confused him now. most people don't go by lumen output.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    yes I said chemistry because that was the class I took in high school. during the course my class went over a physics section just to give you a general gist of it and I had trouble understanding it
    That would be related to physical chemistry which is quite different than physics per se.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-11-2015 12:18 AM
    That would be related to physical chemistry which is quite different than physics per se.
    I was wondering that as well....
    02-11-2015 12:18 AM
    You need both pieces of the puzzle to come out ahead energy wise. I could have thrown a slight wrench by also confounding lumen output with the type of light😁
    02-11-2015 12:20 AM
    You need both pieces of the puzzle to come out ahead energy wise. I could have thrown a slight wrench by also confounding lumen output with the type of light😁
    Scotopic and photopic?
    02-11-2015 12:22 AM
    Don't buy dimmable unless you have a dimmer. No point paying the extra cash.

Obviously the lower the wattage equivalent the lower the LED true wattage.

Most people just replace what you have, though you should consider if you can go lower. If, for example, your lighting fixture has three bulbs in it, all at 50W, do you need that much light?

Also, be sure to buy wide angle as well.
    oh ok .... makes sense ..

nope that is something I didn't think of. I was just planning to replace all the old CFL light blubs with light blub replacements

does it have to do with the nature of LED only pointing in one direction ?
    02-11-2015 12:23 AM
    and im lost..... way to go ...
    02-11-2015 12:24 AM
    Scotopic and photopic?
    Yup...he will think we are talking about succotash😀
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-2015 12:25 AM
    Depends. Watts is the power consumption, more wattage means a higher electric bill. But too low wattage and the brightness of the light might not be enough. You need to determine what lumen level lights do you want and then settle on the lowest wattage in that lumen range to get the most efficient bulb.
    I'll stop blubbering about bulbs now
    ok now that is getting into specifics how am I suppost to figure that out ._.? all I know 60 watts seems to be the starting place
    02-11-2015 12:25 AM
    and im lost..... way to go ...
    Yeah we feel like that sometimes with your Sahibisms as well😊
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-11-2015 12:26 AM
    ok now that is getting into specifics how am I suppost to figure that out ._.? all I know 60 watts seems to be the starting place
    Go to Home Depot and look at the various light type bulbs, then once you like the type of light settle on wattage and then the LED bulb. Easy, peasy...
    02-11-2015 12:27 AM
    but it wasn't that :/ the reason why they wanted us to go over physics was that next year ( at the time I was a junior) they were going to offer physics and wanted us to learn a little bit of physics hoping it would interest some students ( obviously it did ). I didn't take it because I couldn't wrap my head around it.
    02-11-2015 12:31 AM
    all I know is the higher the lumens the brighter the blub is but the more energy it uses .... right ?
    02-11-2015 12:34 AM
    You need both pieces of the puzzle to come out ahead energy wise. I could have thrown a slight wrench by also confounding lumen output with the type of light
    at this point my head hurts
    02-11-2015 12:35 AM
    Scotopic and photopic?
    ok now its all gibberish to me .....lol
    02-11-2015 12:37 AM
    all I know is the higher the lumens the brighter the blub is but the more energy it uses .... right ?
    Yes, but white light bulbs give you more lumens (brighter light) compared to soft white bulbs at the same wattage level. In USA and Europe people prefer soft white light. In Asia and Latin America ( where electricity is expensive) people prefer the white light because it is cheaper and brighter.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-11-2015 12:40 AM
    ok now its all gibberish to me .....lol
    Stop typing blubs and it will become clear...
    azcruz and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-11-2015 12:41 AM
    Yes, but white light bulbs give you more lumens (brighter light) compared to soft white bulbs at the same wattage level. In USA and Europe people prefer soft white light. In Asia and Latin America ( where electricity is expensive) people prefer the white light because it is cheaper and brighter.
    I didn't know it required this much just to buy a light bulb replacement
    02-11-2015 12:48 AM
    Stop typing blubs and it will become clear...
    at this point I think sleep well help me make it clearer ,....one things for sure I will get me a light bulb replacement !
    02-11-2015 12:49 AM
    im off.... laters :P
    02-11-2015 12:49 AM
    im off.... laters :P

Turn off your blubs, ok?
    02-11-2015 12:51 AM
    I didn't know it required this much just to buy a light bulb replacement
    A little research and patience is necessary. And that is why/how most people end up making uninformed decisions because they lack these basic skills.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-11-2015 12:55 AM
    Thank god! Sahib is asleep.i was getting annoyed by that bulby conversation.
    02-11-2015 01:05 AM
143,653 ... 40044005400640074008 ...