WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

greedypnguin

May 11, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There was a hurricane that went up the east coast of the US and the tail end made it's way here. We've had some heavy rain and wind but nothing too damaging.

In general though, it's still warm. :)

Don't know about the warm bit! Last time I went out it was bloody freezing

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Traveler, thanks for pointing the correct spelling out. One of my mentors is Filipino, I will be honest and say I was too tired and lazy to google the correct spelling last night...

So yes, we have an interesting international cast of characters here.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm looking forward to getting back my 925. It sucks I no longer have the option to sell it, but that's OK. It'll be nice to flip flop between both platforms again. I still like using Android but I do miss seeing the tiles.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm on NJ transit and this hot (body wise at least) tanned middle aged white woman is sitting besides me in her heels with her legs crossed chatting away on her iPhone. It's a short dress she's in and the more the flicks her crossed leg around, the more the two white guys sitting across frombher are drinking her in. They look at me as if to say: "you see that?" I look back to say: "yup, but that's not my taste." I swear, shes making their morning with her leg movements...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I'm on NJ transit and this hot (body wise at least) tanned middle aged white woman is sitting besides me in her heels with her legs crossed chatting away on her iPhone. It's a short dress she's in and the more the flicks her crossed leg around, the more the two white guys sitting across frombher are drinking her in. They look at me as if to say: "you see that?" I look back to say: "yup, but that's not my taste." I swear, shes making their morning with her leg movements...

Ah, America, where people still get overly excited about short dresses and skirts (not to mention shorts). :p It's true that men get more excited about a provocatively dressed woman than a nude one. Various reasons behind that too.

I pick on the US but it's a male thing all over the world... well most of the world I guess. :p There are still places where showing ankles is considered provocative. :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Ah, America, where people still get overly excited about short dresses and skirts (not to mention shorts). :p It's true that men get more excited about a provocatively dressed woman than a nude one. Various reasons behind that too.

I pick on the US but it's a male thing all over the world... well most of the world I guess. :p There are still places where showing ankles is considered provocative. :p
Japan is another place. You won't believe how much anime and manga are out there that make the main (teen female) characters wear ridiculously short skirts, or risqu? outfits.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Japan is another place. You won't believe how much anime and manga are out there that make the main (teen female) characters wear ridiculously short skirts, or risqu? outfits.

Yep I know. I know they have some rather 'interesting' comics there. You can also think of the old Sailor Moon cartoon that was popular and others from the past that made it main stream.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Yep I know. I know they have some rather 'interesting' comics there. You can also think of the old Sailor Moon cartoon that was popular and others from the past that made it main stream.
Disregarding h-stuff, there's still a lot of content that would make Western audiences uneasy.

For instance, a lot of characters in those fanservice-y situations are in the range of 15-18 years old. Well, they're in senior high school, as far as I know.
(Their bodies say otherwise.)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Traveler, thanks for pointing the correct spelling out. One of my mentors is Filipino, I will be honest and say I was too tired and lazy to google the correct spelling last night...

So yes, we have an interesting international cast of characters here.

You know the proper way to thank this WanderingTraveler?

Kindly stare at the phrase I've so kindly emphasized, and show it to all the English teachers/grammar nazis/anyone who feels queasy once some wrong grammar has been loosed upon the world you know!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Many of those things are actually more adult in nature but the people who wanted to make money by mainstreaming it cleaned it up some. People's fashions are interesting. I remember going on a cruise some years ago and a group of four cute Japanese girls were on the ship. We got off on the north coast of Jamaica as the stopover and I remember one of them wearing this short short summer dress that when she walked briskly you could see her white bloomers. I tell you, many a man had their jaws dropped when she walked by; I just laughed and chalked it up to the experience of seeing some of them wear short stuff like that on the regular.

I will admit that seeing pretty women in NYC, especially while having a crummy day, is a great momentary distraction.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

@rue, you said county has its own bright and dark spots.

Well the sea is one of the brightest points of Slovenia :D . That I'm there from home in 1 hour and 30 minus is just a bonus :). It is however probably the last day here this year since weather is bad this year.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 Tapatalk
Nice. I'm about 45 minutes away but the Pacific Ocean is always cold. Only a couple of weeks during the year when it is easy to jump in the water.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3