WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

"Update past Threshold"

Even if they follow the support cycle for the 8S, you'll most likely get to Threshold.

An 18-month support cycle (which is fairly common among HTC devices) is going to take you past Threshold quite handily.

A 36-month support cycle (Microsoft is aiming for this) will put Windows Phone 9.x in the equation.

I'll take the wait and see approach.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this. HTC seems VERY committed to this device. It even has HTC Advantage, an amazing FREE service!

They seemed committed to the 8S and 8X at the time of launch...HTC's strength is they do their best to make the device work well out of the box...and that's it.

Posted Approved by Nexus 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

But you won't, lol. Heck, the only thing the 8X has had bad press for is this Update 1 for 8.1. The 810 didn't even get GDR2 and Black.

Plus, Microsoft said the OEMs had to reach at least 18 months of support. The 810 broke that rule, the 8X didn't.

You surely must have not heard of t-mo 8X, which only officially got Portico.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

You surely must have not heard of t-mo 8X, which only officially got Portico.

*spits out tea*

"Abandon ship! Abandon ship! Update sighted!"

"But, sir, isn't it our duty to bring the update onboard?"

"We're a carrier variant! What kind of crap have you been eating? It's what we do!"

"All hands on deck, abandon ship! Update sighted!"

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

im getting tired of these lightning connectors breaking. this is my third one breaking >.>. as quoted by a person who says this " im getting real tired of your **** apple"

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Kem, this is the issue MSFT has. Yes, in the WP world, the W8 (I refuse to call it by the correct name) is the best out there. But MSFT hasn't been as good to the other big OEMs. Lawsuits with Samsung has probably played into them updating their Ativ models whenever they get to it. Who knows when HTC will update the 8X, if they even bother.

Because Nokia was allowed to dominate the landscape, you get all these Nokia drones blaring their trumpets in the same way that iPhone and Galaxy users do and act like "if it's not Lumia, it ain't WP". I only use Lumia because the camera fits my needs. Thank God HTC has released the only 3 WPs with decent music audio...8S, 8X and W8. Until Nokia addresses the audio issues, it isn't the true flag bearer for WP.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Kem, this is the issue MSFT has. Yes, in the WP world, the W8 (I refuse to call it by the correct name) is the best out there. But MSFT hasn't been as good to the other big OEMs. Lawsuits with Samsung has probably played into them updating their Ativ models whenever they get to it. Who knows when HTC will update the 8X, if they even bother.

Because Nokia was allowed to dominate the landscape, you get all these Nokia drones blaring their trumpets in the same way that iPhone and Galaxy users do and act like "if it's not Lumia, it ain't WP". I only use Lumia because the camera fits my needs. Thank God HTC has released the only 3 WPs with decent music audio...8S, 8X and W8. Until Nokia addresses the audio issues, it isn't the true flag bearer for WP.
Audio issues? I assume you're referring to the phones speakers. Its a phone not a boom box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234