I'd be happy to use the TP both on my laptop and phone but at this moment in time I don't have a spare laptop to use and my phone isn't on the list of phones that can download the TP. So I wait.
    Didn't stop me. I chucked 10TP on my primary desktop as a dual boot. Risk of data loss is minimal. That said if it really does screw the pooch I've got a backup on an old hard drive which I can just clone back on the primary hard drive.
    Fire 29 likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:04 AM
    There are many people who just like the latest and greatest without understanding the consequences of their actions. The idea that something is a TP seems to not register. They don't seem to understand that each upgrade in the TP can and will cause issues. People don't get that.

I'd be happy to use the TP both on my laptop and phone but at this moment in time I don't have a spare laptop to use and my phone isn't on the list of phones that can download the TP. So I wait.

Probably my biggest concern regarding the TP is that people seem stuck on certain expectations. There's a thread complaining about the ******* icons. Really? How is that helpful in any way?

The situation with technical preview is starting to become the same as with bogus store app reviews. I hope it doesn't get too aggravated.
    03-23-2015 08:05 AM
    Didn't stop me. I chucked 10TP on my primary desktop as a dual boot. Risk of data loss is minimal. That said if it really does screw the pooch I've got a backup on an old hard drive which I can just clone back on the primary hard drive.
    I know lots of people are not having issues but I'd rather not take the risk with something that may or may not cause me issues. I have enough problems currently with my laptop that the last thing I want to do is possibly cause more issues. :P
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:06 AM
    The situation with technical preview is starting to become the same as with bogus store app reviews. I hope it doesn't get too aggravated.
    Stay away from the W10 forum then. Lots of people complaining about nonsense...
    Fire 29 likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:07 AM

Prepare well, Finish well!
    I like it!
    03-23-2015 08:07 AM
    Stay away from the W10 forum then. Lots of people complaining about nonsense...

Got it!
    03-23-2015 08:09 AM
    I know lots of people are not having issues but I'd rather not take the risk with something that may or may not cause me issues. I have enough problems currently with my laptop that the last thing I want to do is possibly cause more issues. :P
    On the contrary, it seemed to fix the issues on my cousin's old laptop. Surprising LOL. Only thing I've noticed so far is the avermedia LGP stream engine doesn't work on 10, but that's not Microsoft's fault. I've got feedback for the touch aspects to go through though now that I think about it. Just gotta work out how best to phrase the feedback.
    03-23-2015 08:10 AM
    On the contrary, it seemed to fix the issues on my cousin's old laptop. Surprising LOL. Only thing I've noticed so far is the avermedia LGP stream engine doesn't work on 10, but that's not Microsoft's fault. I've got feedback for the touch aspects to go through though now that I think about it. Just gotta work out how best to phrase the feedback.
    I think my issues are hardware related on the laptop. I don't think any software is going to help it. I need to send it in for repairs. Well it was the last repair I think that caused the issue in the first place.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed with that HP laptop...
    03-23-2015 08:14 AM
    I think my issues are hardware related on the laptop. I don't think any software is going to help it. I need to send it in for repairs. Well it was the last repair I think that caused the issue in the first place.

I hate it when you send something to get it repaired and it comes back even worse.
    This happened to my motorcycle once.
    03-23-2015 08:18 AM
    I have stuff I could use for the TP, but I won't for one simple reason:

I'm apathetic at this point.

I could write a long post talking about how long I've been usekng mobile phones and following windows and wanting MSFT to do well...but I have done that already. I'll just stick with the fact that I own a 930 that I don't use as much as before which I would happily throw TP on it, but that's not eligible for it at this point. So that's that. I'll wait. I'd love to throw it on the 8S I have lying around but I'm more likely to see wedding pictures from Sahib within the next 3 months before that happening.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:19 AM
    i have stuff i could use for the tp, but i won't for one simple reason:

I'm apathetic at this point.

I could write a long post talking about how long i've been usekng mobile phones and following windows and wanting msft to do well...but i have done that already. I'll just stick with the fact that i own a 930 that i don't use as much as before which i would happily throw tp on it, but that's not eligible for it at this point. So that's that. I'll wait. I'd love to throw it on the 8s i have lying around but i'm more likely to see wedding pictures from sahib within the next 3 months before that happening.

Penned on a xperia z3

lol
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:23 AM

Honestly, I stopped using stuff from HP, Dell and some of the bigger names guys these days. I trust Asus and Acer more these days.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:24 AM
    I'm wondering if intelligent discussion comes at the price of apathy or negativity. Must watch closer to see if my hypothesis is proven.
    MSFTisMIA, Fire 29 and sahib lopez like this.
    03-23-2015 08:25 AM
    Honestly, I stopped using stuff from HP, Dell and some of the bigger names guys these days. I trust Asus and Acer more these days.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    I've got a Dell tablet, works pretty nicely. Desktop is mostly Asus parts though.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    03-23-2015 08:31 AM

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    My Acer S3 is also running build 10041

Sent by my Honor 6
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:33 AM
    I've got a Dell tablet, works pretty nicely. Desktop is mostly Asus parts though.
    I got the parts route myself. Had a Dell laptop that lasted a long time. Had a Dell desktop, that wasn't worth a damn. I'll never buy a pretty packaged desktop again. Better to build your own stuff if you're able to do so.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:33 AM
    The changes in build 10041 made my Surface Pro absolutely useless when tagging people in photos using Facebook web. Yesterday, I was using it for my photography workflow and I'm getting errors after errors that is so frustrating. 9926 was pretty much more useful, therefore the frustration with the new build .

Sent by my Honor 6
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:36 AM
    I'm wondering if intelligent discussion comes at the price of apathy or negativity. Must watch closer to see if my hypothesis is proven.

You're hypothesis is being experiment on by the most qualified scientists in their respective fields. If they succeed in proving your hypothesis correct than it may become a theory. And if that theory is proven right consistently and is able to afford answers to even more complex problems then it will become a scientific law.
    We will call it the Muessig's Theorem or the Muessig's Law of Discussion similar to Mendel's Law of Segregation.
    😜
    03-23-2015 08:39 AM
    So Daniel is a retired moderator huh. What was he like back in the days?
    03-23-2015 08:42 AM
    I'm wondering what junk Sahib will post when he wakes up and decides to participate in this thread by responding to every single post here by others while he was asleep....I shudder...
    Fire 29 and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-23-2015 08:46 AM
    I'm wondering what junk Sahib will post when he wakes up and decides to participate in this thread by responding to every single post here by others while he was asleep....I shudder...

* dark clouds gathering* * thunder*
    03-23-2015 08:49 AM

I'm guessing he's gonna post something special for this post.
    03-23-2015 08:52 AM
    I'm guessing he's gonna post something special for this post.

And there will be something more as well...
    Fire 29 likes this.
    03-23-2015 08:54 AM
    You're hypothesis is being experiment on by the most qualified scientists in their respective fields. If they succeed in proving your hypothesis correct than it may become a theory. And if that theory is proven right consistently and is able to afford answers to even more complex problems then it will become a scientific law.
    We will call it the Muessig's Theorem or the Muessig's Law of Discussion similar to Mendel's Law of Segregation.
    😜
    Just to note, scientific laws are things that are specific to the condition in which the law applies. Laws don't explain things like a science theory and the only thing a law predicts is the conforming of the law in that specified condition. Most laws are mathematics based as well.

Theorems are maths only. The term does not apply to other sciences. You use the term theory instead of theorem.

Most scientists don't like the term scientific law as it is misleading and many people don't realised they can be proven wrong.
    03-23-2015 09:07 AM
    Just to note, scientific laws are things that are specific to the condition in which the law applies. Laws don't explain things like a science theory and the only thing a law predicts is the conforming of the law in that specified condition. Most laws are mathematics based as well.

Theorems are maths only. The term does not apply to other sciences. You use the term theory instead of theorem.

Most scientists don't like the term scientific law as it is misleading and many people don't realised they can be proven wrong.

I thought of replying but I changed my mind.
    03-23-2015 09:22 AM
142,846 ... 42004201420242034204 ...