Nice reviews MIA. I have to admit to liking the Sony camera just fine., even in auto mode. I do post process a lot of my pics for Instagram though.

You at least confirmed my thoughts on the L930. I'm glad I didn't bother with it. :)
    I notice you post process your stuff. The pictures I post here are raw...no edits.

It isn't that I don't like the 930, but it just has enough con's for me not to use it as a daily driver. For all the arrogant wall huggers out there, here's what I think about "just charge the phone":

Don't tell me how to spend my money. I'm not ponying up $650 for a cell phone just to charge it nightly. That's bull****.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    03-26-2015 07:15 AM
    I notice you post process your stuff. The pictures I post here are raw...no edits.

It isn't that I don't like the 930, but it just has enough con's for me not to use it as a daily driver. For all the arrogant wall huggers out there, here's what I think about "just charge the phone":

Don't tell me how to spend my money. I'm not ponying up $650 for a cell phone just to charge it nightly. That's bull****.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
    For Instagram I post process most of the time. I see that as part of the art of photography. Some may disagree with that idea. I look at it as replacing the messing around chemicals to achieve the post processing that was done with film.

If the picture turns out the way I want I won't post process but that's more rare these days. I'm having fun. :)

I was referring to the cons of the L930 myself. I have held the phone, looked at it, etc and a part of me really wanted to like the thing but I just couldn't get past the battery. The L930 just never felt like a flagship device to me. It just felt lacking for some reason.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    03-26-2015 07:24 AM
    For Instagram I post process most of the time. I see that as part of the art of photography. Some may disagree with that idea. I look at it as replacing the messing around chemicals to achieve the post processing that was done with film.

If the picture turns out the way I want I won't post process but that's more rare these days. I'm having fun. :)

I was referring to the cons of the L930 myself. I have held the phone, looked at it, etc and a part of me really wanted to like the thing but I just couldn't get past the battery. The L930 just never felt like a flagship device to me. It just felt lacking for some reason.
    The 930 was a nice upgrade to the 920. It just didn't bring anything new to the table outside f HDR, Rich Capture and 4K recording. They should have made it slimmer and put a bigger battery in there.

It is solid. Just lacked the personality of the 925 & 920. It feels more like an upscale 928.

Posted Approved by Nexus 7 (2013)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-26-2015 08:49 AM
    So, along with other things going on in my life I hear there's a new run of layoffs coming here. We had one a short while back. This round sounds a bit more serious as there seems to be people who aren't on my project getting hit as well. That's rumours though.... ?

I've heard something along the lines of 15% reduction but I have no idea really. I'm hopefully not affected (you never know) but I really hate going through all this nonsense. I've been through it too many times in the past. They always seem to drag it out as well. I'm hoping (though not holding my breath) that this is the last one. I guess we'll see how the year goes. I might be getting a new job whether I want it or not. :P
    03-26-2015 08:58 AM
    In other words you were in a hurry?

No I had to lay on the ground to take the picture.
    03-26-2015 09:22 AM
    No I had to lay on the ground to take the picture.
    Where were the flowers??? I crouch and so on but I've never had to lay on the ground.
    03-26-2015 09:31 AM
    Where were the flowers??? I crouch and so on but I've never had to lay on the ground.

It's complicated.
    03-26-2015 09:47 AM
    It's complicated.
    You shouldn't be sneaking your camera through a fence laying on the ground to take a picture of flowers on someone's private property. :P

I'm just guessing btw...
    sahib lopez and Fire 29 like this.
    03-26-2015 09:59 AM
    You shouldn't be sneaking your camera through a fence laying on the ground to take a picture of flowers on someone's private property. :P

I'm just guessing btw...
    So, you're saying I shouldn't have my phone mounted to my shoe with a remote trigger to snap pictures????

Jk
    03-26-2015 10:13 AM
    Give your thoughts about this!
    You need a new phone ;)

Poslano z mojega Samsunga Galaxy TabPro 10.1
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-26-2015 10:17 AM
    You need a new phone ;)

I've already got a Lumia 930, I'm happy. Looking forward to some Japanese Windows Phone devices though. Oh I look forward to moving to Japan. Caucasian guy in the Far East.
    N_LaRUE, sahib lopez and Fire 29 like this.
    03-26-2015 10:34 AM
    I think I am going to have a wallpaper of the ninja cat :P
    03-26-2015 11:06 AM
    Give your thoughts about this!
    seems like the lens is dirty or washed out. I think it would be a good pic
    03-26-2015 11:08 AM
    So, along with other things going on in my life I hear there's a new run of layoffs coming here. We had one a short while back. This round sounds a bit more serious as there seems to be people who aren't on my project getting hit as well. That's rumours though.... ?

I've heard something along the lines of 15% reduction but I have no idea really. I'm hopefully not affected (you never know) but I really hate going through all this nonsense. I've been through it too many times in the past. They always seem to drag it out as well. I'm hoping (though not holding my breath) that this is the last one. I guess we'll see how the year goes. I might be getting a new job whether I want it or not. :P
    that's some scary stuff ...I hope you don't get let go
    03-26-2015 11:10 AM
    So, you're saying I shouldn't have my phone mounted to my shoe with a remote trigger to snap pictures????

Jk
    the Japanese shoe cam idea :P?
    03-26-2015 11:10 AM
    The shoe cam has been around for a while...
    03-26-2015 11:14 AM
    that's some scary stuff ...I hope you don't get let go
    Highly unlikely but you just never know in this climate. I've heard that our manager is capable of putting our whole team on other projects if this one tanks. Which isn't supposed to happen but, then you never know.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-26-2015 11:15 AM

I'm just guessing btw...

That gave me a good laugh. Thanks.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    03-26-2015 11:15 AM
    that gave me a good laugh. Thanks.
    yw :)
    03-26-2015 11:16 AM

Jk

Lol
    03-26-2015 11:16 AM
    You need a new phone ;)

Your right about that. It's going to be the Lumia 640.
    03-26-2015 11:17 AM
    Highly unlikely but you just never know in this climate. I've heard that our manager is capable of putting our whole team on other projects if this one tanks. Which isn't supposed to happen but, then you never know.
    the uncertainty must suck either way :O
    03-26-2015 11:18 AM
    seems like the lens is dirty or washed out. I think it would be a good pic

Maybe.
    03-26-2015 11:18 AM

The Japanese invented a shoe cam?!!
    03-26-2015 11:19 AM
    the uncertainty must suck either way :O
    It is what it is. That's life my friend. Uncertainty every day. Get used to the idea.
    03-26-2015 11:24 AM
142,845 ... 42144215421642174218 ...