The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    oh snaps I just read the whole discussion that Dave and msftismia and all I have to say is wow that was some very intellectual conversation. stuff like that make me wonder if COMMON people can do that ...... why is it hard for certain people *couch* politics do that
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2013 11:24 PM
    Why do stupid people gravitate to iOS? I'm about ready to pull the iPhone version of my app from the app store because of stupid people.
    its because not to point the finger but most of the IOS users think that they are above the rest; and because they feel that way, they think they don't have to think because Apple gives them everything
    sinime likes this.
    10-02-2013 11:26 PM
    Glad you dropped by Dave. Feel free to jump in on the cake related discussions here, as well as the other stuff. Would love to see Jay or Daniel pop their head in here. It's a wacky thread that make sense because it is random......
    it would be very interesting if dave and or danny would stop by on this thread. I would be a little intimidated though because one knows a lot about wp8 and the other one is the admin so I would have to watch what I say
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-02-2013 11:28 PM
    You're young - you'll learn what needs are one day.
    I am getting older as we speak.
    10-02-2013 11:28 PM
    I am getting older as we speak.
    I wonder who's older you or dead pool
    10-02-2013 11:32 PM
    I wonder who's older you or dead pool
    Age is just a number my friend.
    -Sir montsa007
    sahib lopez likes this.
    10-02-2013 11:35 PM
    Age is just a number my friend.
    -Sir montsa007
    that's true but I still cant help but wonder
    10-02-2013 11:37 PM
    that's true but I still cant help but wonder
    If you keep wondering what happened, you will always wonder what happened when you were wondering about what is happening.
    Wonderful, no?
    sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-02-2013 11:39 PM
    If you keep wondering what happened, you will always wonder what happened when you were wondering about what is happening.
    Wonderful, no?
    ehhhhhhh I don't know the answer but I always think the "what if" and the outcomes and the outcomes that I didn't do .... sooooo yeah I will always wonder
    10-02-2013 11:42 PM
    so I got a new bigger battery for my 810. the battery is a 2500mAh battery so its an upgrade from the 1800mAH so I'm getting 700mAh more ! I will see how much I have left at the end of the day tomorrow. I average around 70 percent every day so I'm guessing I will be at 80 percent at the end of day
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-02-2013 11:52 PM
    I saw the movie "The Colony" (2013), the start was really good but as the story progressed it started going south, the ending was weird.

Sahib, you wanna check a cool video?
    It'll relax you :)
    sahib lopez likes this.
    10-02-2013 11:54 PM
    I saw the movie "The Colony" (2013), the start was really good but as the story progressed it started going south, the ending was weird.

Sahib, you wanna check a cool video?
    It'll relax you :)
    YES!! I would like to see it :) OOHHHH now I'm wondering what video it is
    awww well I guess I will watch it tomorrow morning because I am going to take off now ..... good night all
    10-02-2013 11:58 PM
    YES!! I would like to see it :) OOHHHH now I'm wondering what video it is
    awww well I guess I will watch it tomorrow morning because I am going to take off now ..... good night all
    Remind me to show you that video when you are up.
    Its very nice one :)
    10-03-2013 12:11 AM
    Dave and MSFT wrote too much, the WP app bugs and doesn't show the text to the end.

I personally think this is a measure problem. I don't know the situation, but if one of these lame warnings was sent out, a short personal message would maybe have done it too. Regardless of the rules, that is just respect a top poster deserves concerning such a minor thing.

But what do I know, all I do is thinking of the cake I'll get today.
    Last edited by Chregu; 10-03-2013 at 01:09 AM.
    10-03-2013 12:25 AM
    I would say to that, "teach them how with a good example". Why are we here? I will tell you why I am here. A bunch of years ago I bought a PPC 6700 it was a great device I would call it legendary. I had some issues when using it plus I wanted to explore the possibilities. I wanted to know what the baby was capable of. I had some intelligent and not so intelligent questions to ask. I quickly found a website that had a bunch of information about my device but WOW what a bunch of reading I would have to do to answer the simplest of questions. I posted I asked my question and a nice helpful person linked me to the thread I needed to read to answer my question. I have been doing everything I can to return the favor sense that day.

This is how this community is we are the most helpful kind people on the internet. We will help people we will offer our opinions in a civil manner. We will not tell people to search first. If I am answering the question I am not going to be lazy and say search for this. I am going to do the searching I am going to post the answer or the place to look to get the answer. If anyone doesn't want to do that then just don't post.
    Dave, i respect your opinion and approach, but many people aren't going to search anyways in age of instant gratification. People use the search function on Bing and Google just fine when they want stuff, they should be able to do so here as well...because quite frankly, I've seen and gotten some arrogant numbskull *** responses where it was better people had told me "search for it". Yes, some of us try to help and do it the right way, but people should do an intelligent search - i.e. ask the question and search the forums, not just only search the forums (which can be daunting) or just merely post the question and expect instant answers (especially for "common" or "well established" queries.
    I think I can also offer an example that might be useful.

Back when I first started using Linux, Linux forums and Linux forum posters tended to be quite an arrogant bunch. If one asked a question, the response would usually be, "RTFM".

However, I had an experience on one Linux forum that was completely different. I had issues installing printer drivers and asked for help. One of the forum mods not only gave me the links to the printer vendor's website for the drivers but even provided the list of all commands needed to install the printer drivers.

I was impressed, since this was totally different from anything I expected on Linux forums. It actually helped change my opinion of not only Linux forums but Linux users, to the point that I belong to 2 local Linux User Groups and interact with Linux users IRL (and found out they don't hate Windows).

If Linux forums have gotten so much better (and friendlier), I'd hope any forums devoted to something related to Windows would be the same.

Windows Phone is kind of new to a lot of people, so they might not understand it as much as other platforms (and they might not be as savvy in using forums as people with a lot of experience in other device forums). The way new users are treated might affect their opinion not only of this site (but even of the platform, by virtue of how its afficionados act toward other people)--that certainly was something that affected my opinion of Linux and its users, based on my positive Linux forum experience.
    10-03-2013 12:49 AM
    I think I can also offer an example that might be useful.

Back when I first started using Linux, Linux forums and Linux forum posters tended to be quite an arrogant bunch. If one asked a question, the response would usually be, "RTFM".

However, I had an experience on one Linux forum that was completely different. I had issues installing printer drivers and asked for help. One of the forum mods not only gave me the links to the printer vendor's website for the drivers but even provided the list of all commands needed to install the printer drivers.

I was impressed, since this was totally different from anything I expected on Linux forums. It actually helped change my opinion of not only Linux forums but Linux users, to the point that I belong to 2 local Linux User Groups and interact with Linux users IRL (and found out they don't hate Windows).

If Linux forums have gotten so much better (and friendlier), I'd hope any forums devoted to something related to Windows would be the same.

Windows Phone is kind of new to a lot of people, so they might not understand it as much as other platforms (and they might not be as savvy in using forums as people with a lot of experience in other device forums). The way new users are treated might affect their opinion not only of this site (but even of the platform, by virtue of how its afficionados act toward other people)--that certainly was something that affected my opinion of Linux and its users, based on my positive Linux forum experience.
    I'd love to install linux on my only laptop at home, but the problem is, I like playing Call of Duty (Black Ops 2) on Steam, and Linux and COD BO2 don't make a happy couple :(
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:13 AM
    I'd love to install linux on my only laptop at home, but the problem is, I like playing Call of Duty (Black Ops 2) on Steam, and Linux and COD BO2 don't make a happy couple :(
    If it runs Windows 7 or lower with a not too new Bios, you can very easily install Ubuntu as a second OS. It's just a Windows installer then.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...dows-installer
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:18 AM
    If it runs Windows 7 or lower with a not too new Bios, you can very easily install Ubuntu as a second OS. It's just a Windows installer then.

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu
    I tried to install but am not very cool with it tbh.
    I read a forum where a guy said his grandma happily uses Linux, I was taken by the storm and installed it for a try and wasn't very happy, maybe i had to install all drivers or I was too closed to try a new system.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:23 AM

Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu
    I did mine differently. I'm running Mint, not Ubuntu. I installed Windows 8 first. Then I shrunk my Windows partition, and formatted a new partition for Linux. How to Dual Boot Windows 8 and Linux Mint on the Same PC

Keep in mind that you would need to repair MBR if you decide you don't want Linux (or Grub2).
    10-03-2013 01:24 AM
    I did mine differently. I'm running Mint, not Ubuntu. I installed Windows 8 first. Then I shrunk my Windows partition, and formatted a new partition for Linux. How to Dual Boot Windows 8 and Linux Mint on the Same PC

Keep in mind that you would need to repair MBR if you decide you don't want Linux (or Grub2).
    I ended up repairing my whole computer (laptop) after I installed the linux using a windows installer :s, I had to format it anyway so I put the blame on Linux.
    10-03-2013 01:27 AM
    Was banned on 1 forum which I didn't give a damn about, used to check their marketplace for deals.
    "You have been banned from the forums forever.
    Reason - I hate you, bumhole"

The forum, I know is created by children, 12-14 y.o. people moderate it and ban anyone who has a lot of gadgets or tries to help people.

The forum is an Indian technology forum, which has 60k registered and 1.2k active members :p. Sigh, no wonder T.V. soaps are better than that kind of carp.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-03-2013 01:35 AM
    During the time I had to use Ubuntu I found it really great. It was much like Windows 7 with some areas even better. But in general I'm just too lazy to use two operation systems :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:37 AM
    During the time I had to use Ubuntu I found it really great. It was much like Windows 7 with some areas even better. But in general I'm just too lazy to use two operation systems :)
    I wonder what will you call me, because I don't even like using 1 yet I am forced to use 2 (XP at work and 7 at home), yeah I could put XP at home and scan half of the planet for my laptop drivers only to revert back to 7 because its something :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:40 AM
    10-03-2013 01:45 AM
    Yeah what about it?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2013 01:48 AM
142,808 ... 420421422423424 ...