WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I wish it was required reading for me, I much prefer the idea of reading Mr. Clemens than J.D. Salenger. :/

That was never required reading, and I did not read the book. The movie was not bad, though.

I later took a British literature course in university. I actually liked: Dickens, Orwell and Joyce.

I also liked Hemingway and Steinbeck, whom I read in my high school English class.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That was never required reading, and I did not read the book. The movie was not bad, though.

I later took a British literature course in university. I actually liked: Dickens, Orwell and Joyce.

I also liked Hemingway and Steinbeck, whom I read in my high school English class.

I just tried reading 1984 by Orwell. It's not an easy book. I read quite a bit of it but I sort of lost interest. I should try to pick it up again. I haven't read any of the others but know of them. I should really start reading more again. I used to read quite a bit but it was mostly science fiction and fantasy. Escapism in other words.

Most books I read these days are non-fiction.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I just tried reading 1984 by Orwell. It's not an easy book. I read quite a bit of it but I sort of lost interest. I should try to pick it up again. I haven't read any of the others but know of them. I should really start reading more again. I used to read quite a bit but it was mostly science fiction and fantasy. Escapism in other words.

Most books I read these days are non-fiction.

1984 was one of my favourite books of all time.

I did read the Lord of the Rings trilogy for fun. I enjoyed it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's a very eerie book.

I have to admit to not being a big fan of Tolkien. I did read all the books. I struggled with Lord of the Rings.

I borrowed the Lord of the Rings books from a cousin who is a few years older than me. She loved the books and recommended them to me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I borrowed the Lord of the Rings books from a cousin who is a few years older than me. She loved the books and recommended them to me.

Ah.

From a fantasy point of view I've read several genres within it. My first book I ever read outside of school was Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. I then went on to read pretty much all the books by Eddings.

I've read some comedy and some dark fantasy (similar to Game of Thorns).

Along with that I read some Stephen King and other bits here and there of SciFi.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Loved Lord Of the Rings. My new fantasy favorite is A Song Of Ice And Fire(aka Game of thrones) these days. Between LOTR and ASoIAF, there was Harry Potter.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Ah.

From a fantasy point of view I've read several genres within it. My first book I ever read outside of school was Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings. I then went on to read pretty much all the books by Eddings.

I've read some comedy and some dark fantasy (similar to Game of Thorns).

Along with that I read some Stephen King and other bits here and there of SciFi.

Stephen King is my all-time favourite author.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Loved Lord Of the Rings. My new fantasy favorite is A Song Of Ice And Fire(aka Game of thrones) these days. Between LOTR and ASoIAF, there was Harry Potter.

I saw the Harry Potter movies but never read the books. I probably would've read them had they been written in the early 80s, when I was a young teenager.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I saw the Harry Potter movies but never read the books. I probably would've read them had they been written in the early 80s, when I was a young teenager.

I didn't see all the movies but it's debatable if I would have read the books. Maybe if I was into reading at an earlier enough age, maybe. I didn't really get into it until my mid teens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Haven't read any of the Game of Thrones books or seen the show. Not entirely sure I'm interested.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

You may have heard it before, but Harry Potter films didn't do any justice to the books. And, they were good enough for adults as well. Not at all like the YA of today. But then again, it is subjective.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss